• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Yeah it's about 9:00 Pm in France so about 12 more hours i'd say.

Mixelo

I know this subject has been brought up many times but what about old gen evolutions?
I would love to see evos for the following:

Volbeat
Illumise
Mawile
Sableye
Dusnparce
Stantler
Girafarig
Farfetch'd
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Qwilfish
Corsola
Delibird
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Banette
Chimecho
Absol
Spiritomb
Carnivine
Maractus
Stunfisk
Heatmor
Durant

and I'm really hoping for at least 2-3 lines of ghost-types including a ghost/grass and if they make another eevelution a ghost one would be awesome! :D

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
I know this subject has been brought up many times but what about old gen evolutions?
I would love to see evos for the following:

Dusnparce
Spiritomb
The Spiritomb evolution can be #666 :).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do we have any Iguante designs?

No, I don't. But I have a rough translation from /vp/:
"This is just a rough translation, but essentially is says Orotto resembles Beheeyem, but seems to look female. It's Psychic/Electric type, and learns Synchronoise and Parabolic Charge. The Helioptile evo is called Iguante, and is Normal/Electric type, barely anything is said about it though."

Apparently post also says Pansy is Lumiose City Gym Leader.

Other translation:
"My Japanese isn't the best, but it's better than nothing:
Lumiose Gym
Alexa has a conductor on top of Poppy's tower. (Poppy might be the Gym Leader.)
Electromagnetic waves caused nearby Pokémon to gain special evolutions.
These Pokémon are being exploited for the sake of research (???)
Something about team members fighting in a rocket to the gym? I honestly have no idea.
New Pokémon:
Iguante, Electric/Normal. Seems to be Helioptile's evolution. The name probably comes from Iguana and antenna.
Orotto, Psychic/Electric. Learns Synchronoise and Parabolic Charge. Seems to resemble a woman, and some say it looks like Beheeyem. Might be an evolution"

We should get a proper translation and post it on the Rumors thread.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
"This is just a rough translation, but essentially is says Orotto resembles Beheeyem, but seems to look female. It's Psychic/Electric type, and learns Synchronoise and Parabolic Charge. The Helioptile evo is called Iguante, and is Normal/Electric type, barely anything is said about it though."

I'll just leave this here that before anyone claims that the rumor is fake because of "How does Electric/Normal go to Normal/Electric? Yep fake", this is a "rough" translation so it could be still Electric/Normal.

I would be a bit surprised if Alexa is Lumiose's gym leader.

Regality

Digital King

Pansy = Alexa right?

And in the anime, Alexa is shown to have Gogoat, Helioptile and Noivern.. which is too varied to be a gym.
However, I am not sure about her having a Noivern, so if it is just Gogoat and Helioptile then she could be an electric type gym leader, (As the Gogoat may just be for transport, leaving Helioptile), which would make sense in Lumiose city, as it is like Luminous and electricity powers lights.

R_N

I'll just leave this here that before anyone claims that the rumor is fake because of "How does Electric/Normal go to Normal/Electric? Yep fake", this is a "rough" translation so it could be still Electric/Normal.

I would be a bit surprised if Alexa is Lumiose's gym leader.

Really? She's a sister of a gym leader, they made a point to say that she lives in Lumiose, she has a unique design but seemingly no other purpose

I figured she was from the moment she was revealed.

Pansy = Alexa right?

And in the anime, Alexa is shown to have Gogoat, Helioptile and Noivern.. which is too varied to be a gym.
However, I am not sure about her having a Noivern, so if it is just Gogoat and Helioptile then she could be an electric type gym leader, (As the Gogoat may just be for transport, leaving Helioptile), which would make sense in Lumiose city, as it is like Luminous and electricity powers lights.

I wouldn't put any stock in what Alexa has in the anime.
She's pretty clearly just using a random assortment of 6th gen Pokemon

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law

I doubt Alexa (Pansy) is a Gym Leader. Her team in the anime was varied and had no common typing and her younger sister is a Gym Leader.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Really? She's a sister of a gym leader, they made a point to say that she lives in Lumiose, she has a unique design but seemingly no other purpose

I figured she was from the moment she was revealed.

That actually was an error on my part sorry lol. Gym leaders like Byron and Roark who are related with each other happened before (I know they're father and son but you get my point) so it wouldn't be abnormal at all to have Alexa as a gym leader like her sister.

Firebrand

Indomitable
That would make a lot of sense..especially because quite a lot of Normal Types are going to be retyped Fairy..

Says who? All we know for sure is that Jigglypuff (and presumably Wigglytuff and Igglybuff) will be normal types who change types. That's one evolutionary line. We can speculate that Clefairy will be retyped, but at the moment there's no concrete evidence that points to it.

Swablu isn't the same, because it goes with how it is like other Normal/Flying birds then becomes Dragon Flying.

How is it not the same? Swablu was supposed to have a Magikarp effect, something that was rather weak that, after training it, became a rather powerful dragon. But on top of that, dragon is a powerful type and it would have been able to sponge hits even better than it already does if it had dragon's resistances. It was too powerful a type to have so early in the game, so the normal was a placeholder until the player had moved far enough along.

Galvantulaman

In the trading card game, at first, dragon-type were classified as colorless along with normal-types.... this could be used as an argument to say litleo and helioptile will have secondary drahon-type when they evolve.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
In the trading card game, at first, dragon-type were classified as colorless along with normal-types.... this could be used as an argument to say litleo and helioptile will have secondary drahon-type when they evolve.

(Card Game + Anime) =/= Games

Ditto24

I don't particularly like the idea of Alexa being a Gym leader. I think she's gonna be a mix of Scott and Junipers dad.

back to the dex, I'd like a Rock/Ghost pokemon based on a tombstone. I'm sure someone must have mentioned it before but It would beeee cool :) I'm still surprised Cofagrigus wasn't part Rock.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Perhaps I am the only one who thinks Helioptile and Litleo have normal type as coverage for ghost type? Since they'll have access to plenty of other attacks they'll have STAB with that'll hit ghosts. I'm thinking more mechanically than storytelling, though.

Silent Skies

How is it not the same? Swablu was supposed to have a Magikarp effect, something that was rather weak that, after training it, became a rather powerful dragon. But on top of that, dragon is a powerful type and it would have been able to sponge hits even better than it already does if it had dragon's resistances. It was too powerful a type to have so early in the game, so the normal was a placeholder until the player had moved far enough along.

The weak-to-strong effect isn't as apparent with Swablu as it is with Feebas and Magikarp, since Swablu learns many moves upon leveling up and can hold its own in battle much more easily with them. Plus, Feebas was introduced in the same generation as Swablu, and while having two Pokémon that have the same weak-to-strong effect isn't impossible, it's much more apparent with Feebas, possibly enough to the point that Swablu shouldn't be considered as having the weak-to-strong effect at all.

As for Dragon being too strong of a type early on in the game, the player is able to catch Gible after obtaining just two badges in Platinum. In addition, as it was shown along with Pokémon like Patrat and Zubat, Pokémon that are typically found early in the game, Axew will most likely be obtainable relatively early in the game as well.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
back to the dex, I'd like a Rock/Ghost pokemon based on a tombstone. I'm sure someone must have mentioned it before but It would beeee cool :) I'm still surprised Cofagrigus wasn't part Rock.

The coffin is gold. Steel would be more fitting if it was retyped as part mineral.

Missingno.Fan

I doubt Alexa (Pansy) is a Gym Leader. Her team in the anime was varied and had no common typing and her younger sister is a Gym Leader.

I am not saying she definitely is or is not a gym leader, but I would not take her team from the anime into account. Remember anime does not equal the games. The writers of the anime likely just gave her some of the previously revealed Gen VI's 'mons.

Ditto24

The coffin is gold. Steel would be more fitting if it was retyped as part mineral.

Hmm, I guess it just got in my head it would be Rock not Steel. But then again if Cofagrigus was a dual type he wouldn't be as formidable, he's one of those bogey pokemon for me, I can never catch a break against one.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
I am not saying she definitely is or is not a gym leader, but I would not take her team from the anime into account. Remember anime does not equal the games. The writers of the anime likely just gave her some of the previously revealed Gen VI's 'mons.
Maybe they gave her those 'mons in the anime so they wouldn't have to reveal any more Pokemon, maybe they didn't.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
The weak-to-strong effect isn't as apparent with Swablu as it is with Feebas and Magikarp, since Swablu learns many moves upon leveling up and can hold its own in battle much more easily with them. Plus, Feebas was introduced in the same generation as Swablu, and while having two Pokémon that have the same weak-to-strong effect isn't impossible, it's much more apparent with Feebas, possibly enough to the point that Swablu shouldn't be considered as having the weak-to-strong effect at all.

As for Dragon being too strong of a type early on in the game, the player is able to catch Gible after obtaining just two badges in Platinum. In addition, as it was shown along with Pokémon like Patrat and Zubat, Pokémon that are typically found early in the game, Axew will most likely be obtainable relatively early in the game as well.

Gible is the only dragon you can obtain this early and it's not to op. Unless you do some intense grinding it would still be a long time before you got Garchomp. Also just because Axew is in the trailer doesn't mean it will be in the dex

Status
Not open for further replies.