• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underachiever007

sunny phoenix

Yeah, I don't think it'll evolve into anything either.

yeap its just too detailed, especially with that unsheathed-sheathed thing, to evolve... and if it does i dont see it turning into a knight... if it does then lets have rotom forms evolve into housewives that uses these devices ;) XD

R_N

I love how it looks with the sheath on

I would have never expected a sword Pokemon like this so this is cool

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
From what in gathering, alot of people want a shield counterpart. But I'm a little unsure, like, a shield can't come out of a case and gain attacking abilities... Can it?

Although all for the knight idea, maybe a new horse to tie them all together?

sunny phoenix

From what in gathering, alot of people want a shield counterpart. But I'm a little unsure, like, a shield can't come out of a case and gain attacking abilities... Can it?

Although all for the knight idea, maybe a new horse to tie them all together?

are we still talking about pokemon or transformers??

Star Champion AJ

I like Monorpale, if it gets an evolution or two, it will be in my team (with Hexcalibur as a nickname) and it would be nice if Gallade was available in the Regional Dex (when we get any confirmation about that)...

Monorpale...
Hmm hes ghost/steel type which is a type ibhave wanted for a while now.
He is based on an actual object rather than an animal. But i actually quite like him. I dont really like him at the moment when hes unsheathed but that could change with art or footage. I like the design on the sheath that sort of forms a face. I can see Monorpale getting an evolution in the form of a knight or at least the sword haunting a suit of armour or something.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
I don't know why, but this new sword Pokémon looks kind of like something out of Wind Waker to me. It's probably the cloudy background in the picture of it on the main site.

I like the Zelda series, and I think this sword Pokémon looks like the Wind Waker conducter wand thingy, too.

Spirit cutter could be a cool name for a new physical ghost move.
Ghost should have more physical move, but Spirit Cutter sounds like a special move that does Physical damage. I think there was a move from 5th gen that did this, but I forgot what it was lol.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Hm. I always thought Bronzor was a shield Pokemon, but it seems I'm wrong.

Bulbapedia calls bronzor the bronze pokemon, and bronzong the bronze ball pokemon
But they are pretty good defensively iirc

Also side question:::: have we ever had a duel typed pokemon that lost one type upon evolving, to become a mono-typed poke?

storm12

Weather Bearer
True, that's what I have thought as well, but oh well we will see if he can learn it or not >.<
I am just really excited we are getting a Steel/Ghost like I have been wanting since gen IV
And hopefully his name means he has one weakness, whether it's through Fire Absorb or Levitate, I don't care!

It's name could also incorporate 'uki' which means floating... the first part of it's name:'hitotsu', means one, alone. The 'tsu' part could also mean pierce or thrust- the 'suki' being- arisen oppurtunity; chink in one's armour. So all together it is 'floating piercer with a single weakness' :p I think that really means Levitate tbh

It's Japanese name is so awesome!

It's French name could incorpate vorpal, impale [empaler] and honor [as the verb form: honerer] perhaps- but I can't be as sure with that =S

Also I think people might be kind of expanding this out way way too much :p just because it is a sword it doesn't mean there is going to be a whole family of axes/swords/shields/knights/steeds etc. :p the gimmickiest thing they could do is to make it like a weapon Rotom so it can 'possess' other weapons with different stats or whatnot BUT I'd much rather it was like, say, Yamask and just evolved =L

Last edited:

johno1995

Also side question:::: have we ever had a duel typed pokemon that lost one type upon evolving, to become a mono-typed poke?

Yesss, Gloom (Grass/Poison) to Bellossom (Grass). :D

That's the only one I can think of on the top of my head, tho!

Regality

Digital King
Can see the (possible) evolution either being a knight or maybe a phantom dual wielding two Monorpales?
Not sure where the phantom would come from, maybe the one that is possessing the sword, so it would leave the sword upon evolution and find two Monorpales to use in battle...

storm12

Weather Bearer
Yesss, Gloom (Grass/Poison) to Bellossom (Grass). :D

That's the only one I can think of on the top of my head, tho!

I think it is the only one like that so far-
Mind f**k- what if Bellossom becomes part Fairy though?! :p

gpt11

I would laugh so hard if this pokemon didn't get swords dance!!

also im predicting it to be similar to cherrim with the 2 forms in battle thing going on

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
liking the ghost steel type looks like a sword that got possed ( will probably be its pokedex entry to xD)

storm12

Weather Bearer
Can see the (possible) evolution either being a knight or maybe a phantom dual wielding two Monorpales?
Not sure where the phantom would come from, maybe the one that is possessing the sword, so it would leave the sword upon evolution and find two Monorpales to use in battle...

Possibly, considering it has the prominent mono- in it's French name; with links to the hitotsu- in it's Japanese name, however in it's JP name it refers to it's one weakness perhaps whereas in French it is more like it is just one blade... so I could see this happening :) like the ghost possessing each sword fuses into one odd shadowy creature that now uses the swords as swords rather than possessing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.