• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
So there's an announcement coming good. I hope some more new Pokemon are revealed and maybe they'll reveal that Monorpale is fake/a joke or some thing. What, I can dream lol.

Whatever, I still think Monorpale is easily the best Pokemon we've seen so far in Gen VI. Haters gonna hate.

Regality

Digital King
So there's an announcement coming good. I hope some more new Pokemon are revealed and maybe they'll reveal that Monorpale is fake/a joke or some thing. What, I can dream lol.

The announcement has been and gone, nothing new revealed except Monorpale.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
So much this

I think a sweet evolution for this guy would be something like the Riler Sword from the Castlevania series

Without numerous weapons surrounding it, please. :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYEfV4Q6xg&feature=youtu.be&a crappy link to the announcement and you can't hear what he says at all. But it looks like he's showing some inspiration for the region

Yes, it also confirms that rock place is based off Carnac.

I suppose this Expo was what he meant when he said he wasn't supposed to reveal the region was based off France in E3.

Monorpale also looks even better in animation and it seems it learns a new samurai inspired slashing move.

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
Without numerous weapons surrounding it, please. :)

..great idea for an evolution!

A black orb with the eye from the sword in the centre with lots of swords floating around it!

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
You're all haters. derp.

I think it looks pretty sick. It's another typing that we haven't had yet, right? Only weakness I can think of is Fire and Ground, and it looks like it could have Levitate, so maybe just Fire?

Also, I think it's movepool is going to be huge, being a sword. Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge...yep. It's like a Gallade mimic, but better typing.

Monorpale is right their with my favorite designs this gen, with Helioptile and Clauncher.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Yes, it also confirms that rock place is based off Carnac.

I suppose this Expo was what he meant when he said he wasn't supposed to reveal the region was based off France in E3.

Monorpale also looks even better in animation and it seems it learns a new samurai inspired slashing move.

I thought so. I hoping the official trailer will come soon to get a better look. I noticed the new move thing but dismissed it as nothing guess i was wrong too

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Unfortunately it's real otherwise Serebii wouldn't have put it on the main site. I feel your pain though.

And why was Skrelp being dragged before? I'll admit it's not a pretty Pokemon and looks too much like Kingdra imo, but at least it's still better than Monorpale. I may actually use a Skrelp because as strange as it looks, it's still a Water-type and I love Water-types.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Hexcalibur is a sweet name

jonnyc

The only Pokemon I dislike this generation happens to be Vivillon's (sp.?) line. I don't understand the point of those squares in Vivillon's eyes, and I think Spewpa looks ugly. It is definitely creative and original enough to stand apart from Butterfree and Beautifly.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
tumblr_inline_mk0yn7qnvZ1qfb1ni.gif

I have to say, that is a great design. I love how the sword has just an eye, but the sheath has a whole other "angry face" on it.

There's a deeper meaning somewhere in there, I can feel it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

You're all haters. derp.

I think it looks pretty sick. It's another typing that we haven't had yet, right? Only weakness I can think of is Fire and Ground, and it looks like it could have Levitate, so maybe just Fire?

Also, I think it's movepool is going to be huge, being a sword. Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge...yep. It's like a Gallade mimic, but better typing.

Monorpale is right their with my favorite designs this gen, with Helioptile and Clauncher.

Swords Dance too :D

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
You're all haters. derp.

I totally agree. And if it gets OU stats, then it can dominate battles with that movepool.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I don't hate any designs that we've seen so far :/ I don't even dislike any of them

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Unfortunately it's real otherwise Serebii wouldn't have put it on the main site. I feel your pain though.

And why was Skrelp being dragged before? I'll admit it's not a pretty Pokemon and looks too much like Kingdra imo, but at least it's still better than Monorpale. I may actually use a Skrelp because as strange as it looks, it's still a Water-type and I love Water-types.

Skrelp was never hated that much, perhaps one or two comments saying it looked ugly. But that was nothing compared to the hate filled explosion today for Monopale.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor

How is it better? It's basically a Horsea on drugs. At least Monorpale is unique and really cool looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.