• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I have no fear at all. The only reason he is a Fighting type is because Gamefreak wants him to take the Chinese, Kung Fu path.
I think he will end up being a martial arts panda and not a hoodlum like Scrafty.

Personally i think that Pancham should be the Machop/Timburr of this Gen..being a Pure Fighting Type with 2 evolutions..

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I have a bad feeling about a certain Pokemon..Pancham..the reason why i feel this is because i am really worried he is going to become a carbon copy of Scrafty from Gen 5..especially if his type is Fighting/Dark..what do you guys think of this?

Carbon copy why? Scraggy is a lizard, Sraggy is agressive this one is just a trickster, I love Scraggy/Scrafty line, I love Pancham so they have that in common besides the typing haha :D.

I want a Wolf Pokémon, that's something we have never seen.

Same we talked about that a while ago, Ice/Dark wolf would be cool or a werewolf.

NotChip

®™
Well from the PokéBeach rumours, we still have

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor’s English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
The first Gym is Bug[/S], the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still existbut there's a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

Some others of those have been proven false / true.
It's been said that Ryhorn can be ridden - therefore riding is not exclusively to Gogoat.
It's also been said that IV's and EV's will be more obvious to the player in some way. PokeBeach have mentioned this, too, but they say it's only EV's and may be through a new in-game facility. Regardless, they're half right at this point.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Some others of those have been proven false / true.
It's been said that Ryhorn can be ridden - therefore riding is not exclusively to Gogoat.
It's also been said that IV's and EV's will be more obvious to the player in some way. PokeBeach have mentioned this, too, but they say it's only EV's and may be through a new in-game facility. Regardless, they're half right at this point.

Not exactly, the first is explained by Pokebeach in my post:

Pokebeach said:
However, Gamefreak specifically stated that you could rent or borrow Pokemon in certain areas. Those Pokemon will only work in those specific areas. Thus, in light of that information, the bullet point seems even more accurate since the source specifically stated “players can’t ride on their own Pokemon” and “What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.” Even if the source was wrong about this point, you have to keep in mind that he played the game before February and that things could have changed since then (in some of the trailers we’ve already seen some improvements done to the landscape and things moving around). But all in all, not a single piece of our source’s information has proven itself inaccurate so far, let alone flat-out wrong."

The second they got half right yes, but that doesn't make it wrong either since they never denied that IVs wouldn't be viewable.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
I have a bad feeling about a certain Pokemon..Pancham..the reason why i feel this is because i am really worried he is going to become a carbon copy of Scrafty from Gen 5..especially if his type is Fighting/Dark..what do you guys think of this?

I hope the rumour is wrong. Scraggy and Scrafty looked pretty nice and ambivalent in their Sugimori art and sprite art, but in the anime they were shown as arrogant yet ambitious, which was their Dark typing.

Pancham just looks ambitiously cute, so I hope he doesn't become Dark typed.

Underachiever007

I really hope Pancham gets that dark type. I'll still use it if it doesn't, but it would be very disappointing. Not as disappointing as it getting a trade-based evo, but still.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I hope the rumour is wrong. Scraggy and Scrafty looked pretty nice and ambivalent in their Sugimori art and sprite art, but in the anime they were shown as arrogant yet ambitious, which was their Dark typing.

Pancham just looks ambitiously cute, so I hope he doesn't become Dark typed.

It has nothing to do with that, Scraggy/Scrafty are like that, they like to Headbutt people(see the Pokedex 3D animation), they are agressive punk lizards, the anime portrayed Scraggy the way it was supposed to be.

Pancham will bea trickster most likelly, just like other naughty pokemon have been, Zorua trolled, Purrloin trolled and they are both trickster pokemon.

Aurath8

I really hope Pancham gets that dark type. I'll still use it if it doesn't, but it would be very disappointing. Not as disappointing as it getting a trade-based evo, but still.

What about a Grass typing. imo, both typings would be interesting because they've only been used once before and they both have very atypical stat spreads but considering it already seems to be chewing on a bamboo leaf, Grass could work too.

Underachiever007

What about a Grass typing. imo, both typings would be interesting because they've only been used once before and they both have very atypical stat spreads but considering it already seems to be chewing on a bamboo leaf, Grass could work too.

Grass would be nice too, I guess. Definitely more interesting than pure Fighting. But Dark and Fighting (along with Fire) are my top 3 favourite types. I'd be ecstatic if Pancham became part Dark. It might seem like I'm going a bit too gaga over Pancham, but its the only Pokemon revealed so far that has a guaranteed spot on my team.

Ditto24

Can anyone determine Noivern and Froakie's base HP is since according to the trailer, Noivern had 226 HP at level 50 while Froakie is at 101 HP at the same level as Noivern as shown in the trailer?

Noivern is level 80 whan it has 226 HP.

So its 85, same as Crobat :)

Last edited:

Yea im glad im not the only one that sees Pancham potentially going down a grass root. I can sort of imagine pancham evolving into some sort of samurai panda bear that fires bamboo leaf shurikens. But a michevious part dark type panda is equally viable.

Aurath8

Can anyone determine Noivern and Froakie's base HP is since according to the trailer, Noivern had 226 HP at level 50 while Froakie is at 101 HP at the same level as Noivern as shown in the trailer?

At level 50 the range of HP it can be is also about 50ish, so its hard to say. Froakie's value is really low for level 50 so I'm going to assume they had 0 IVs and EVs. That gives 41 base HP which puts it in the league of some of the frailer starters. The lowest ever base HP of any starter is 39 held by Charmander and Cyndaquil, they would have 99 HP with the same IVs/EVs at level 50.

So Froakie is probably going to be a fragile speedster.

It probably is worth noting that Charmander and Cyndaquil both end up having 78 HP. Sceptile does have the lowest at 70 but Infernape and Serperior (who start at 45) end up lower than the other fire starters(76 and 75 HP) respectively. So Froakie has base HP in the middle of all 5 fast starters.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
From Aerophoenix:
Aerophoenix said:
On an unrelated note ...

I know this is the type of stuff people have done before, so let's take a crack at it. Let's try to gather all the stats we've seen of the Gen VI pokemon so far! But how? The only obvious ones are the HPs we've seen.

Through math! Alright, so from Pokemon Smash we saw a Sylveon fighting a Salamence! Its HP stat was 155; assuming 0 IVs and 0 EVs, that gives us an HP stat of 95 (which is interestingly an Eeveelution stat). Seems simple enough, right?

Well, it OHKO'd a Salamence with Moonblast ... now we don't know how powerful that is in BP, but let's again assume 0 IVs and 0 EVs for both (this is generally how they do it in the demos).

If Moonblast has 90 BP (like Psychic or Earth Power), then Sylveon could only guaranteed OHKO with a 130 Att/SpA stat (with 110it has a 37.5% chance).
Assuming it might have 120 BP (like Fire Blast or Hydro Pump), then it still requires Sylveon to have at least its 110 or 95 (though from the earlier evidence it's likely that 95 is in HP).
If it had a 65 or 60 in the attacking stat Moonblast keys off of, the attack would require a whopping 170-180 BP to OHKO, so we can safely assume its primary attacking stat is over 110 or 130.

I'd also say we could assume its Speed is over 100 since it outspeeds Salamence ... but then we get something similar to Espeon or Jolteon's stat spread, so who knows. Regardless, they may have used a Choice item or something to make it seem more powerful than it is, it just seems like an interesting little calculation.

Does anyone know any other HP stats or OHKOs we've seen? Did the Sylveon in that one trailer OHKO Haxorus? NOPE

EDIT 2: I can't find anymore OHKOs, but there are some HPs lurking in the gameplay trailers. So far I have:

Froakie: 101 HP at level 50; indicates base 41 HP stat (about normal for a starter, a little low if anything [between Charmander and Squirtle, for refernce])
Noivern: 226 HP at level 80; indicates base 85 HP stat
Clauncher: 126 at level 50; indicates base 66 HP stat
Gogoat: 183 at level 50; indicates base 123 HP stat (I'm more leery about the 0 IV/EV assumption on this one since it specifically takes place in a wild horde battle and may involve a playtesting Pokemon, and that's a really high stat). Also, the Houndour's Ember does 8 damage against it; assuming 0 IV/EV, that means Gogoat can at most have 85 base SpD, but at least base 40.
Talonflame: 212 at level 65; indicates base 106 HP stat. Its Flame Charge does a little over half of Noctowl's HP, indicating base Att around 100 (again, a little leery about this for the same reasons as the previous one)

Hope anyone can find more examples for calculating!

Also:
Anyways... I am not sure if this is posted here before but Chespin in the new Japanese trailer has 57-59 Base HP and Helioptile has 48 Base HP with no investments.

Edit: Also Fennekin needs 53-66 Base Speed to outspeed Level 50 Zoroark if the Fennekin is between Level 100-80(Noivern was Level 80 in the trailers) with no investments for both of them.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
I'd prefer Pancham to be Grass/Fighting, though Grass/Dark would be ok as well.

The Dark type may only happen if it goes down the "meschevious prankster" route.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
How about split evolution? Pancham either carries on being naughty or becomes a noble protector of nature.

Yeah, and the determining factor is the item it's holding! :)

"Martial Staff" - good
"Death Nunchucks" - evil

Status
Not open for further replies.