• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
the sketch looks to evil to be sudowoodo. I would lean towards it being a separate line altogether indeed if it is a line at all. Could well just be a standalone poke

Why not be a darker version of Sudowoodo?

Dreis

if i was a betting man i would hedge it to be Grass/Fairy.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I see Orotto being either Grass/Ghost Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dark though while it might improve the image of Fairy I only see it being Grass/Fairy alittle bit

Now depending on which kind of tree monster it is depends on what typing I see it as if it is a hunted tree ghost monster then Grass/Ghost if it's just a malicious or malicious looking living tree monster then Grass/Dark

If it didn't have the malicious expression id actually think Grass/Fairy or just straight up Grass

Though I would really love a Grass/Ghost Pumpkin Pokemon or maybe have it be a Grass Pumpkin Pokemon then evolve into a Grass/Ghost Jack-o-lantern Pokemon or give it branch evo's one could be a Grass/Dark Pumpkin King evo and the other a Grass/Ghost Jack-o-Lantern that maybe with a certain item or after using a certain move can become a Grass/Fire Jack-o-Lantern (this would allow lit and unlit Jack-o-lanterns though for a unlit form maybe Grass/Dark would work better)

Hm maybe instead of a branch the Pumpkin King would be the final form of the Jack-o-Lantern and have the same type shifting ability as the Jack-o-Lantern

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
I think Orotto will be Rock/Fairy. Grass Poke, no. We need some more good rock.

Machomacho

I cannot see Orotto being part fairy, it's too devious looking to be that type. Shooting for Grass/Ghost.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
I cannot see Orotto being part fairy, it's too devious looking to be that type. Shooting for Grass/Ghost.

It has a magical aspect to it, so I can see why it can be Fairy, but I'm still betting my money on Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
When I first saw it , it reminded me of the trees from The Wizard of Oz haha. It looks pretty interesting actually, I'm kind of assuming it'll be a stand alone Pokemon though.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It has a magical aspect to it, so I can see why it can be Fairy, but I'm still betting my money on Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark.

After looking at its art, I'm feeling Grass/Ghost more than any Dark combo.
However, it could be Rock, like Sudowoodo who was a tree mimic. If so, Rock/Ghost tree mimic Pokémon.

If Mr. Mime were to get an evo, I'd want it to stay pure Psychic.

Ditto24

Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark seems to be a high probability, I don't mind either. Maybe Fairy, but I'd rather see something like Flabebe becoming Fairy/Grass. I seriously hope the next corocoro tells us how many new pokemon we're gonna get. I'm too excited!!!!

Sound

I want to make this post before my computer crashes again, so I'll keep it brief.

I'm not going to guess the type before official artwork, when we can confirm whether it leans towards ents over creepy forest trees. I've done some searches on its name, and found that otto is a germanic name meaning wealthy. I couldn't find anything of note for Oor or Ooro. However, this is the first time I've attempted name origin stuff, so take mine with a grain of salt.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Yeah, I'm going with Grass/Ghost as well, it's design just screams Grass/Ghost to me.

Especially the face. Grass/Dark may also be it, but seeing as we already have Cacturne, I want the tree to be part Dark.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Especially the face. Grass/Dark may also be it, but seeing as we already have Cacturne, I want the tree to be part Dark.

Nuzleaf and Shiftry say hi.

Grass/Ghost
Defending Pokémon Damage counter
Bug: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)
Fire: 2x
Dark: 2x
Ghost: 2x
Flying: 2x
Fighting: 0x
Normal: 0x
If it has Levitate, Ground: 0x
Ice: 2x
Poison: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)

So it still has five weaknesses as a Grass/Ghost.
If it has Levitate, it can participate in Sky battles.
It's a Ghost type, and I hope this Ghost has Levitate.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law

A flying tree. That's a first. ;)

Ditto24

Nuzleaf and Shiftry say hi.

Grass/Ghost
Defending Pokémon Damage counter
Bug: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)
Fire: 2x
Dark: 2x
Ghost: 2x
Flying: 2x
Fighting: 0x
Normal: 0x
If it has Levitate, Ground: 0x
Ice: 2x
Poison: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)

Are you on about the tree pokemon?? Coz a flying tree would be amazing! but also look wrong

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
Well, Eelektross is an eel, but it still gets Levitate. And correct me if I am wrong, but is:
Is Tyname based off of sperm?]/spolier]

so, it is possible. But imagine now: Foe sent Eelektross into the sky! *all flying types*: FUUUUU

I think you mean you want it to be Ghost?

Anyway I don't see how some people even speculate that this is a Sudowoodo evolution. The only thing they have in common is that they look like trees.
From the sketches, this thing seems to have actual leaves, not green rock-balls like Sudowoodo. Besides, they share not a single trait, not body shape, face or even a tiny detail.
I am guessing, as most, that it will turn out Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark. (or they could pull a Cofaggrigus and make it pure Ghost or Dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.