• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Well, Eelektross is an eel, but it still gets Levitate. And correct me if I am wrong, but is:
Is Tyname based off of sperm?]/spolier]

so, it is possible. But imagine now: Foe sent Eelektross into the sky! *all flying types*: FUUUUU
The electromagnetism made Eelektross levitate. I'd love to see Gamefreak come up with an explanation for a levitating tree, though.

JW1004

I think you mean you want it to be Ghost?

Anyway I don't see how some people even speculate that this is a Sudowoodo evolution. The only thing they have in common is that they look like trees.
From the sketches, this thing seems to have actual leaves, not green rock-balls like Sudowoodo. Besides, they share not a single trait, not body shape, face or even a tiny detail.
I am guessing, as most, that it will turn out Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark. (or they could pull a Cofaggrigus and make it pure Ghost or Dark)

yeah it being related to Sudowoodoo seems too farfeched

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
I think you mean you want it to be Ghost?

Anyway I don't see how some people even speculate that this is a Sudowoodo evolution. The only thing they have in common is that they look like trees.
From the sketches, this thing seems to have actual leaves, not green rock-balls like Sudowoodo. Besides, they share not a single trait, not body shape, face or even a tiny detail.
I am guessing, as most, that it will turn out Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark. (or they could pull a Cofaggrigus and make it pure Ghost or Dark)
Yeah, Ghost. I made a typo right there.

Ditto24

Well, Eelektross is an eel, but it still gets Levitate. And correct me if I am wrong, but is:
Is Tyname based off of sperm?]/spolier]

so, it is possible. But imagine now: Foe sent Eelektross into the sky! *all flying types*: FUUUUU
Yeah Eelektross already seems to have a OU Status in Sky Battles, atm all I can think of to stop it is Gliscor and Flygon, but obviously thier STAB Earthquake will be useless.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Yeah Eelektross already seems to have a OU Status in Sky Battles, atm all I can think of to stop it is Gliscor and Flygon, but obviously thier STAB Earthquake will be useless.

I guess only Flygon's Dragon moves can stop it. Gliscor is useless in Sky Battles now, with S-Dance + EQ taken from its options.

Ditto24

I guess only Flygon's Dragon moves can stop it. Gliscor is useless in Sky Battles now, with S-Dance + EQ taken from its options.

Guess all Gliscors are gonna focus on the Elemental Fangs. Also seen as it looks like most (hopefully all) Flying pokemon will be shown Flying, I look forward to seeing Tropius I the air :D

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Nuzleaf and Shiftry say hi.

Grass/Ghost
Defending Pokémon Damage counter
Bug: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)
Fire: 2x
Dark: 2x
Ghost: 2x
Flying: 2x
Fighting: 0x
Normal: 0x
If it has Levitate, Ground: 0x
Ice: 2x
Poison: 1x (Neutralized by Ghost)

So it still has five weaknesses as a Grass/Ghost.
If it has Levitate, it can participate in Sky battles.
It's a Ghost type, and I hope this Ghost has Levitate.

I don't think it is going to be Grass/Dark since Chespin is probably going to be Grass/Dark..hmm maybe Grass/Fairy..

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
But by that logic, the tree is a legendary. ;)

That's not what I'm referring to, he is saying that since Chespin evolutions might be Grass/Dark then the tree won't be Grass/Dark when we clearly had more then one Pokémon with the same type combination in previous generations like Nuzleaf and Cacturne.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
A flying tree. That's a first. ;)

A levitating tree, to be correct. Nonetheless, Orotto in Sky battles would be strange yet really cool.

Are you on about the tree pokemon?? Coz a flying tree would be amazing! but also look wrong

How would it be wrong?

The electromagnetism made Eelektross levitate. I'd love to see Gamefreak come up with an explanation for a levitating tree, though.

It's a ghost type. Currently only a few Ghost types have Levitate, so having a possessed evil tree float would be really funny.
Remember, somehow Dodrio, an ostrich-a land bird-, is Flying and learns Fly. So Dodrio will also be able to participate in this.
Too bad Golurk doesn't have Levitate.

I don't think it is going to be Grass/Dark since Chespin is probably going to be Grass/Dark..hmm maybe Grass/Fairy..

I was saying Orotto would be Grass/Ghost, not Dark.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I think the tree will most likely be Grass/Ghost, so we have a new type combo with a few weaknesses

I hope we get the real artwork soon :3 looking forward to it

JW1004

Grass/Ghost would be a nice combination, I hope it will be that. I am really curious to see how it will finally look since drawings don't tell me enough haha

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think the tree will most likely be Grass/Ghost, so we have a new type combo with a few weaknesses

I hope we get the real artwork soon :3 looking forward to it

It has the same amount of weaknesses as pure Grass type. Two of Grass's weaknesses are neutralized by the Ghost type, but Ghost doesn't lose any weaknesses, so it still retains its five weaknesses.

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
I have a sneaky suspicion that the new tree Pokémon is going to be related to fairies somehow, but not an actual fairy type. I was doing some research and came across some references of mythology that could tie into the new tree Pokémon. I am going to assume this Pokémon is actually an oak tree, since most mythology references oak trees a lot. I read http://celticmythpodshow.com/blog/oak-tree-in-lore-and-myth/]this and was very intrigued.

My guess with this new Pokémon is that it is somehow tied to Flabébé. I am going to predict that when a Flabébé dies or loses its flower, it becomes this new Pokémon. This theory is just a guess and I can't wait to see what they do with this unique, new Pokémon.

Arcticwolf10

Anyone else thinK Orotto could be Flabebe's evo? He could be a Dryad and be Fairy/Grass plus the Fey were pretty nasty bastard
D's in folklore

Status
Not open for further replies.