• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
It has the same amount of weaknesses as pure Grass type. Two of Grass's weaknesses are neutralized by the Ghost type, but Ghost doesn't lose any weaknesses, so it still retains its five weaknesses.

But it gains two immunities and five things it's STAB SE on, so it balances out.

Are you for or against it? I'm too lazy to read the last few pages.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Anyone else thinK Orotto could be Flabebe's evo? He could be a Dryad and be Fairy/Grass plus the Fey were pretty nasty bastard
D's in folklore

A little fairy that evolves into a tree? No. Not at all.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
A little fairy that evolves into a tree? No. Not at all.

Totally. It'd be so stupid to take one thing and evolve it into another.

That's like evolving a Sea Otter into a Sea Lion... oh wait... better example.....

That's like evolving a Fish into an Octopus... oh wait... better example.....

Just had to do that, ;3 but I seriously doubt Oorotto will be a Flabebe evo. I'd understand Flower Fairy to Tree Fairy, but not Kind Little Flower Fairy to Big *ss Evil-Looking Spider Tree, that may or may not be Tinkerbell's cousin.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
We've had stranger... plus Orotto can be a dryad whoch can be considered as Fairies

Stranger?

Like what?

Anyway, although your reasoning makes sense (in a way), i prefer it not to be like that, because I don't want the smallest (tied with Joltik of course! :3) and lightest Pokémon to evolve into a Spider-Tree thing.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I want Oorotto to be Grass/Ghost. We haven't had one yet and we don't really need a Grass/Dark if the starter rumors are true.

I want a Gardenia cameo if Oorotto is Grass/Ghost. Didn't she say something about being conflicted if there was ever a Pokemon of that type?

I love the spider-ish theme. Now I also think Grass/Bug, but it's a crappy combo.

I'm betting on a pre-evo of it being a spooky seed which looks more like a Spider, and is exclusive to Santalune Forest at Night.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I want Oorotto to be Grass/Ghost. We haven't had one yet and we don't really need a Grass/Dark if the starter rumors are true.

I want a Gardenia cameo if Oorotto is Grass/Ghost. Didn't she say something about being conflicted if there was ever a Pokemon of that type?

I love the spider-ish theme. Now I also think Grass/Bug, but it's a crappy combo.

I'm betting on a pre-evo of it being a spooky seed which looks more like a Spider, and is exclusive to Santalune Forest at Night.

I like the spider seed idea. And I could sorta see grass/bug.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

That's almost the only thing Gardenia ever said except for "I like Grass Types." and "I don't like Ghost Types".

It'll be fun to see her reaction, although we didn't see Misty in Gen III with a Surskit.

... Huh. They're both Female, are the Second Leaders in their Region, and both use a Type from the Starter Triangle.

I call it. A Second Leader girl specializing in Fire Types who's scared of Poison Types.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
That's almost the only thing Gardenia ever said except for "I like Grass Types." and "I don't like Ghost Types".

It'll be fun to see her reaction, although we didn't see Misty in Gen III with a Surskit.

... Huh. They're both Female, are the Second Leaders in their Region, and both use a Type from the Starter Triangle.

I call it. A Second Leader girl specializing in Fire Types who's scared of Poison Types.

OMG THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!

But I think the whole Misty-Bug schism is Anime only, while oddly enough, this is game only. Weird.

I wonder what the English name for it will be. Perhaps Orachne? (Orchard + Arachne, though I'd probably kill it every time with a Noctowl, which will be called The Mark. HoO reference!)

Ditto24

So I wonder how many people are still gonna play 'we will still defo get another Eeveelution' xD I wouldn't mind anymore but based on the way they've done things I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Sylveon this gen.

Also, it doesn't matter too much and we're not 100% sure if the horde battles are official Gameplay or fixed for the trailer, but does anyone know what battlefield Orotto was seen in? I'm assuming it's the same as the Houndour horde, but it could be the forest field... just a thought :)

CrusherTheFeraligatr

But I think the whole Misty-Bug schism is Anime only, while oddly enough, this is game only. Weird.

I wonder what the English name for it will be. Perhaps Orachne? (Orchard + Arachne, though I'd probably kill it every time with a Noctowl, which will be called The Mark. HoO reference!)

I like the name.

And yes, that needs to happen.

^People are still on that? Jeez.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Actually, Misty referenced the Bug thing in one of her FRLG quotes somewhere, forgot where it was though, maybe it was actually in HGSS?

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
It definitely looks like a Grass/Ghost, but i am hoping for Grass/Fairy to help break the 'pink' stereotype. Although that would further my fears that we will be swarmed with Fairies in this dex. I want it to keep a low number, and not for all of them to be shown pre-release.

well we have seen Xerneas at the tree structure/ forest area and it is fairy, so maybe orotto can be found there and can be fairy type. Just because it looks mean dosent mean it cant be fairy.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

well we have seen Xerneas at the tree structure/ forest area and it is fairy, so maybe orotto can be found there and can be fairy type. Just because it looks mean dosent mean it cant be fairy.

It would be good to get a non legendary fairy that isn't kinda girly.

Cerex

A Grass/Ghost would be fun. Hopefully it is the evolved form of the Pumpkin Pokemon rumor that we heard about a while ago--even though Pumpkins aren't trees. I could see a lot of use for a tall Grass/Ghost perhaps you can shake trees in a forest and it actually be one of the Pokemon in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.