• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
Ironically I imagine that all the pokemon that do get fairy added in some way are in fact on that list. But it obvs won't be all of them.

I'm quite sure you are right. personally from that list, the ones i'm quite sure will get fairy (excluding the already confirmed ones) are:
-the clefairy line
-the togepi line
-the snubbull line
-snorunt/glalie
-the cherrim line
-the misdreavus line

Ditto24

I'm quite sure you are right. personally from that list, the ones i'm quite sure will get fairy (excluding the already confirmed ones) are:
-the clefairy line
-the togepi line
-the snubbull line
-snorunt/glalie
-the cherrim line
-the misdreavus line

I'm not really fussed what gets Fairy tbh, I'll come to except any decision in the end. The only ones I truly want to gain it are Volbeat and Illumise, but I'm one of the only ones who want's this I think xD

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
-the clefairy line
-the togepi line
-the snubbull line
-snorunt/glalie
-the cherrim line
-the misdreavus line

Not my granbull!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm not really fussed what gets Fairy tbh, I'll come to except any decision in the end. The only ones I truly want to gain it are Volbeat and Illumise, but I'm one of the only ones who want's this I think xD

No, I thought of that! Bug/Fairy typing and evos for Volbeat and Illumise.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer

Actually i would like them to be fairies =D
but i was saying in the previous post what i thought is likely to get fairy, not what i want to be fairy ;)

On second thought, volbeat and illumise would actually be quite likely to get fairy, with it's appearance and it's ability...

Ditto24

No, I thought of that! Bug/Fairy typing and evos for Volbeat and Illumise.

Actually i would like them to be fairies =D
but i was saying in the previous post what i thought is likely to get fairy, not what i want to be fairy ;)

On second thought, volbeat and illumise would actually be quite likely to get fairy, with it's appearance and it's ability...

Sweet I'm not the only one. Some want them to get evolutions and then become Fairy but while theirs stats aren't the best, I love their designs and concept and don't think they need one.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

well, granbull is classified as the fairy pokemon and it actually looks like some cross between a bulldog and a goblin.
Aaaand it would be the first fairy to look intimidating! (despite its pink color that is)

At least we'd get one I guess.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Sweet I'm not the only one. Some want them to get evolutions and then become Fairy but while theirs stats aren't the best, I love their designs and concept and don't think they need one.

I want them to get more majestic evos yet retain their concept.
Fairy Wind would definitely fit Illumise and Volbeat.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

R000

Eh, in my opinion, beartic and ursaring were much better.

You think so? I just REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY want Pangoro (I'm nicknaming mine Pangore (Panda+gore)) to be good. I don't ask for much. PLEASE GameFreak, please.

Speaking of nicknames, I'm going to take Talonflame's awful name and nickname it "Flareow". Sounds a lot cooler, doesn't it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You think so? I just REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY want Pangoro (I'm nicknaming mine Pangore (Panda+gore)) to be good. I don't ask for much. PLEASE GameFreak, please.

Speaking of nicknames, I'm going to take Talonflame's awful name and nickname it "Flareow". Sounds a lot cooler, doesn't it.
It's looking to be a Pokemon that runs Max Attack/Max HP with a base 130 attack: Base 100 HP.
If it's faster it will be better than Beartic/Ursaring, if it isn't then this thing will need Choice Scarf.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I can see 100(+) in both attack and defense for him. 75-80 defenses. So he'd be great.

Like your names. My Pangoro's gonna be named Betty, my chespin Bubba.

^Faster, perhaps. But I can't see much higher than 65-70.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Just no dual moves (Unless they go the psyshock route, which wouldn't be too bad as long as there's not many), the weak to fairy, and the starter types.

I ESPECIALLY hope that the rumor about the types that are supposedly weak to Fairy is wrong.

Dragon makes sense, at least. It makes sense science-y wise (what with the whole "slay the Dragon fairytale" genre). It also weakens a competitively overpowered type and brings it down the the realm of mortals (or it'll at least TRY to).

Fighting would only make PARTIAL sense, however. Granted, it WOULD weaken another extremely powerful and popular competitive type; however, it doesn't really make sense science-y wise. In the fairy tales, the fighter is usually the protagonist; any fairies that opposed him would usually be the villains, which would mean that if anything, Fairies should be weak to Fighting-types, as opposed to the opposite (though I don't think that they should spin it like that; the LAST thing the meta-game needs is for Fighting-types to gain yet ANOTHER advantage over other Pokemon).

Lastly... Dark-types.
Seriously, GameFreak? Seriously? I know that you're nicknamed TrollFreak for a reason, but still.
Fairy-types being strong against Dark-types doesn't really make sense science-y wise. I say this because no matter how you view/interpret them, Dark-types being weak to Fairies doesn't make sense. If you view Dark-types as just a broad category for "evil", then Fairies being naturally strong against them fails because the fairies in fairy tales were just as capable of being evil as they were of being good. If you view Dark-types as utilizing dark arts such as black magic and stuff like that, then Fairies being strong against them doesn't work because, again, Fairies were just as capable of committing evil acts and using bad magic as they were of performing benign acts and using good magic. If you view Dark-types as Combat Pragmatists (like TV Tropes does), then Fairies being strong against them doesn't make sense simply because they don't connect. Mythical creatures being strong against creatures that aren't afraid to fight dirty makes about as sense as creatures that have pyrokinetic abilities (Fire-types) being strong against dirt (Ground-types). They don't really seem to connect.
Also, as well as not making sense science-y wise, Fairies being strong against Dark-types wouldn't make sense metagame-wise. The Dark-type, as we know, is only strong against Psychic-types and Ghost-types. They are immune to Psychic-types moves and resist themselves. They're already weak to Fighting-types (which are EVERYWHERE) and Bug-types (which, with Scizor, Volcarona, and Genesect running around, are quite popular - and let's not forget the ubiquitous U-Turn). Fairy-types are going to be quite popular due to their touted advantages against the powerful Dragon-type. The purpose of the Fairy-type is to help balance the metagame. However, will they really be doing this if their attacks are also super-effective against the struggling Dark-type? I don't think so.

That's my fifty cents on the issue. Feedback? Opinions? Flames? I'm open to all except the last one.

Last edited:

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Iv really grown to like Pangoro it's my second fav bear my first fav is Ursring and my least fav is Beartic which is sad considering Polar Bears are my favorite kind of Bear but Beartics design is what gets me everything about it us fine except for the funny shaped top of the head and the ice beard I hope they to a proper(imo) Polar Bear one day but Pangoro is cool I like how he's got a short tempered/is aggressive but has a strong sense of fairness

I like Talonflame but one thing about it bothers me the crest Talonflame is based off a Paragrene Falcon but that crest makes it remind me of a parrot :/ not that Parrots are bad but it's just a bit weird for Talonflame but iv noticed all final evo's of the regional birds have a crest of some sort but I would have liked something more majestic like Pidgeots or something simple like Swellows well Talonflames is simple but I dunno it reminds me of a cockateal XP

The Flash

I like shorts!
Ash will have a Pancham. The anime loves giving him pokemon with weird quirks. Squirtle Squad glasses. Shiny Noctowl. Stick in mouth treecko. Glasses Krookodile. Maybe his pancham might not have the leaf in his mouth.

I love almost all the designs so far. I haven't been too impressed by the fairy type thus far except for Sylveon.

I'm actually quite excited for this game because of all the huge advancements I think it's making.

Status
Not open for further replies.