• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Pangoro definitely isn't going to be fast it's a panda and they're known for being slow.

It's looking to be a Pokemon that runs Max Attack/Max HP with a base 130 attack: Base 100 HP.
If it's faster it will be better than Beartic/Ursaring, if it isn't then this thing will need Choice Scarf.

This sounds about right I think that Pangoro will be better than the other two bears.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
Due to the way media portrays light, Dark would probably be weak to them anyway since Dark is usually beaten out by light and the whole "goodness is associated with light and good beats evil."

I know and I hate that because, everyone knows good doesn't prevail every time if that was the case the world be a very different place. Good must lose 50% of the time to keep balance.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Being immune to dragons seems like it just recreate the problem they were sent to fix.

Ice makes no sense.

But if it's not immune then fairy types can still get owned by +1 dragon danced outrages. That's an outrage!
If not immune then hopefully resistant. Steel shouldn't be the only type that can resist them.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Pangoro definitely isn't going to be fast it's a panda and they're known for being slow.

This sounds about right I think that Pangoro will be better than the other two bears.

Same here.

^Ha! I just noticed that. Yeah, sorry fairies, but barring xerneas, you guys are the wimpiest looking suckers around. Dark types tend to have a tough look, this doesn't make much sense.

In fact, if there's one thing we fairy naysayers have going is that we were right about the fairies they'd make. Granted I kinda like the cute little bird, but still.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
In fact, if there's one thing we fairy naysayers have going is that we were right about the fairies they'd make. Granted I kinda like the cute little bird, but still.

D: You will all RUE the day you Naysayed on a fairy! You'll see, You will all see!
Lol but seriously If Gf doesn't screw with their stats I can see fairies being very good competitively.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester

CrusherTheFeraligatr

D: You will all RUE the day you Naysayed on a fairy! You'll see, You will all see!
Lol but seriously If Gf doesn't screw with their stats I can see fairies being very good competitively.

I dunno so far they seem more status-y (Granted that can decide a battle) than offensive. They look like they couldn't punch thru wet tissue.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Same here.

^Ha! I just noticed that. Yeah, sorry fairies, but barring xerneas, you guys are the wimpiest looking suckers around. Dark types tend to have a tough look, this doesn't make much sense.

Fairy was still the worst idea. Maybe they made it to cater to more Female gamers.
GameFreak will never, and I mean never, make non-stereotypical Fairy types.
GenosectArceus recommended a troll, but I cannot see that happening ever unless it's pink and cute and wields a lollipop for a weapon.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Doesn't it? Being tricky is still being immoral, and immorality is a concept related to evil/darkness. Being a hero doesn't make it any less immoral or wrong to be deceptive.

So Magic tricks are now immoral? Immorality implies that it's terrible or dislikable behavior, magic tricks are done for fun and enjoyment, nothing is evil about that.

JD

Same here.

We haven't seen all the fairy type Pokemon yet I think we will get some intimidating ones eventually like Glalie and Granbull.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Fairy was still the worst idea. Maybe they made it to cater to more Female gamers.
GameFreak will never, and I mean never, make non-stereotypical Fairy types.
GenosectArceus recommended a troll, but I cannot see that happening ever unless it's pink and cute and wields a lollipop for a weapon.

Even if I liked them, I'd have to agree. About 90+% of fighting are hulking/angry suckers.

^Glalie? Why him?

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I dunno so far they seem more status-y (Granted that can decide a battle) than offensive. They look like they couldn't punch thru wet tissue.

I'm going to laugh whenever the Fairty type trainers(gym leaders, elite four whatever) beat you up.
^And it's us stereotyping them, and expecting them to stereotype them, that ends up with us having stereotypical fairies.
And yea so far they seem like the 'status you to death' type of pokemon, but they could evolve into the most fearsome!(and cute!) pokemon to ever set foot out of a pokeball.

R000

So Magic tricks are now immoral? Immorality implies that it's terrible or dislikable behavior, magic tricks are done for fun and enjoyment, nothing is evil about that.

Someone's "amusement" could be pushing you into an oncoming train. Their excuse? "It was just for teh lulz!" I don't mean to start a fight, I just don't want my Dark types to be so underpowered.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I'm going to laugh whenever the Fairty type trainers(gym leaders, elite four whatever) beat you up.
^And it's us stereotyping them, and expecting them to stereotype them, that ends up with us having stereotypical fairies.
And yea so far they seem like the 'status you to death' type of pokemon, but they could evolve into the most fearsome!(and cute!) pokemon to ever set foot out of a pokeball.

Assuming the rumor's correct, I love poison, so take that.

Good point, but that doesn't help matters.

^Ah. Still, I don't like this "its in the egg group" argument. By that logic, all pokes in the dragon group should be retyped.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Evil is not just immoral if that was the case everybody in the world would have commited a act of evil

Evil goes beyond being immoral like stealing is only evil if a innocent life is lost in the proccess it's immoral but not evil overall what happens or whats triggered by the theft is what may be or may not be evil there are cases of there theft saved alot of peoples lives but some consider it evil

Trickery itself isn't evil its how the trickery is done and why the trickery is done that may or may not be evil as mentioned hero's use trickery

Also wars and battles have been won and lost because of tactical trickery does that mean the victor is evil?

Darkness is not evil it is neutral look most people need DARKNESS to sleep at night without darkness there would be no night and night time is when the day time rests and the night time wakes up but by your premise night time is evil as it case darkness over parts of the world

Darkness is where evil things hide this is true but its like the weapon argument A weapon unless it is possessed by a evil spirit or something isn't evil because the weapon is not actively choosing to do evil the wielder is so it's the wielder that is evil not the weapon well the same applies to darkness just because evil things hide in the darkness and use darkness doesn't mean darkness itself is evil now there is evil forms of darkness but darkness as a whole is neutral

(The whole Darkness is evil think irks me)

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Someone's "amusement" could be pushing you into an oncoming train. Their excuse? "It was just for teh lulz!" I don't mean to start a fight, I just don't want my Dark types to be so underpowered.

We're not looking at exceptions, magic tricks are done in general for the fun and enjoyment of the crowd, not the sick pleasure of a psychopath. I understand that you don't want Dark to be underpowered but I just don't agree with this point.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Assuming the rumor's correct, I love poison, so take that.

Good point, but that doesn't help matters.

I love poison too! so take that :p
And it wouldn't be the end for all dark types that we know it if they're weak to fairy. If the rumors hold true than Houndoom would be neutral to fairy, and malimar now that I think about it. And steel could resist it, which I can really see happening. Just imagine that fairy dust being tossed at a aggron >.<. But I'm hoping that fairy will do neutral dmg to steel, lord knows they don't need another resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.