• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R000

We're not looking at exceptions, magic tricks are done in general for the fun and enjoyment of the crowd, not the sick pleasure of a psychopath. I understand that you don't want Dark to be underpowered but I just don't agree with this point.

I doubt the person getting tricked enjoys it.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I dunno so far they seem more status-y (Granted that can decide a battle) than offensive. They look like they couldn't punch thru wet tissue.
Bear in mind that Gardevoir is part Fairy, and Azumarill is pretty much guaranteed to be Fairy as well. Both can hit pretty hard already. And, in the trailer, we saw Sylveon OHKO a Haxorus, so I wouldn't call them offensively weak just yet.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I love poison too! so take that :p
And it wouldn't be the end for all dark types that we know it if they're weak to fairy. If the rumors hold true than Houndoom would be neutral to fairy, and malimar now that I think about it. And steel could resist it, which I can really see happening. Just imagine that fairy dust being tossed at a aggron >.<. But I'm hoping that fairy will do neutral dmg to steel, lord knows they don't need another resistance.

I will take that!

At least my aggron would get better. And avenge my dragons.

^Okay, gardevoir's pretty good. And azumarill's got 50 in each. How is that hitting hard? Aren't the eeveelutions kinda guaranteed a bst though?

Last edited:

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I will take that!

At least my aggron would get better. And avenge my dragons.

^Okay, gardevoir's pretty good. And azumarill's got 50 in each. How is that hitting hard? Aren't the eeveelutions kinda guaranteed a bst though?
With Huge Power, Azumarill's Attack is doubled. I know from experience that Azumarill can be a hard hitter. Flareon has the same BST as Jolteon and Vaporeon, as well as the rest, yet Flareon is in NU, while the other two are in OU. BST doesn't mean all that much, it's the stat spread and movepool that'll make the difference.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

Idk, If you were tricked into winning a million dollars would you enjoy it? Tricks are meant for enjoyment, who's enjoyment though is (subjective? I can't for the life of me think of the word!)
Not saying there isn't bad or harmful tricks but it all depends on the intentions of the Tricker.

R000

Evil is not just immoral if that was the case everybody in the world would have commited a act of evil

Sorry, I'm a Christian, and I hate to bring the Bible into this, but in the Bible it says that immorality IS in fact an act of evil. (Sorry, I know not everyone is a Christian, but this was the a very relevant reference to me)

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Actually most do, kids, adults, babies, etc. The trick is not to hurt anyone, it's to get them to have fun and if they're not doing that (even with that one person) then they aren't successful.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

With Huge Power, Azumarill's Attack is doubled. I know from experience that Azumarill can be a hard hitter.

That's still not great. Most dragons have decent/good defenses.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Bear in mind that Gardevoir is part Fairy, and Azumarill is pretty much guaranteed to be Fairy as well. Both can hit pretty hard already. And, in the trailer, we saw Sylveon OHKO a Haxorus, so I wouldn't call them offensively weak just yet.

You do realize that Haxorus is incredibly frail right?

R000

Idk, If you were tricked into winning a million dollars would you enjoy it? Tricks are meant for enjoyment, who's enjoyment though is (subjective? I can't for the life of me think of the word!)
Not saying there isn't bad or harmful tricks but it all depends on the intentions of the Tricker.

You bring up a good point, but I doubt that's what fairies are going to do for their own enjoyment.

NightFire7

What is going on with this Dark vs fairy nonsense? I like both types of pokemon that have been revealed so far and most of the fairy types shown are likely first stage pokemon so we still haven't seen their final evolutions yet and the fact that xerneas is fairy means that not all fairy types are going to be cute little pink pokemon. I would be very interested to see what a Fairy/Dark type looks like.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Amen, brother! Dark types are also only strong and weak to two types. Adding another weakness would be awful. I say Dark should be STRONG or at least resist Fairy. Dark types don't really have that much going on as far as type match-ups go.

Dragon is only supereffective against one type: dragon. So why is it so OP? Sheer coverage. The only thing that resists dragon is steel and even that is iffy, because most dragons have fire or ground moves. Use a combination of a dark and fighting move and you literally have neutral coverage on everything.
Granted most dark moves don't go past the 80 BP mark without requiring special conditions, but most dark type users are very powerful to make up for the relatively low power. Honchkrow is a prime example of this. Fairy will probably get a resistance to fight and dark as well

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That's still not great. Most dragons have decent/good defenses.

Huge Power doesn't double the base stat, it doubles the actual stat.

So, an Azumarill with max Attack without Huge Power has an Attack stat of 218, whereas one with Huge Power has an Attack stat of 436.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
You bring up a good point, but I doubt that's what fairies are going to do for their own enjoyment.

I could see a swirlix taking a lot of joy in tricking you into holding it, thus giving you sticky hands! Oh what an evil mastermind.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

You do realize that Haxorus is incredibly frail right?

I guess his sp def isn't great. Still, if fairies end up strong as expected, they'd become as 'bad' as the dragon's they were supposed to nerf. At least dragon's were only strong towards themselves. And not some of the worst defensive types.

^Ah. Okay, that's one rididculous ability.

R000

Dragon is only supereffective against one type: dragon. So why is it so OP? Sheer coverage. The only thing that resists dragon is steel and even that is iffy, because most dragons have fire or ground moves. Use a combination of a dark and fighting move and you literally have neutral coverage on everything.
Granted most dark moves don't go past the 80 BP mark without requiring special conditions, but most dark type users are very powerful to make up for the relatively low power. Honchkrow is a prime example of this.

You may have missed the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

R000

Actually most do, kids, adults, babies, etc. The trick is not to hurt anyone, it's to get them to have fun and if they're not doing that (even with that one person) then they aren't successful.

Well then it isn't exactly evil, is it? That means it's not related to Dark anymore, meaning Dark doesn't really effect that instance. Any act of malice would be evil, going under Dark's mighty power making Dark strong/ resistant to Fairies.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean its evil if you don't like homework does that mean it's evil? if you don't like your job does that mean it's evil?

Playing a trick like dropping a bucket of water on someone for laughs us a trick and the victem might laugh to but is that trick evil? even a sucker punch is while immoral is not evil

Pushing someone infront of a train for fun is evil and creepy because the person could and likely might die it's Beyond Immortal its Evil

Course there are lighter acts of Evil that example was just a rather extreme case

Magic Tricks are tricks but they do not cause extreme pain, destruction, death of innocent people, needless death(unless its a accident), or are done with malicious intent they are done for fun but they are still tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.