• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFire7

Haxorus has base 76/90/70 defenses, while that is not the best, that is not incredibly frail. And what is with this dark vs fairy nonsense. I like both types of pokemon that have been revealed so far. Most of the fairy type pokemon with the exception of xerneas and sylveon are most likely first stage pokemon so we haven't even seen their final evolutions yet, and I have to say the final evolutions revealed so far look great. Since Xerneas is a fairy type, than it probably means not all fairy types are going to look like cute little pink pokemon. I would be very interested to see what a fairy/dark type looks like.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Well then it isn't exactly evil, is it? That means it's not related to Dark anymore, meaning Dark doesn't really effect that instance. Any act of malice would be evil, going under Dark's mighty power making Dark strong/ resistant to Fairies.

..You seem to be missing the point. You said that all tricks are inheretly immoral, I gave you examples where it's not, so not all tricks are evil nor have to be evil.

Also, where did you get that and connect it to Dark types being strong against fairies?

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
If it makes any difference in the dark category, one weakness is no where near common, which is bug, and the only bug moves people really use are X-scissor and Bug Buzz, but even then I don't really see many bug type moves being used. Nor many bug types in general, even I often forget dark types are even weak to them, so its more a of a rare weakness. I do although, agree with the faeries being weak to them, or they're both strong against each other. Faeries not getting destroyed by darkness just makes no sense to me.

I wish normal types had a type to be super effective against really. I was hoping this new type unveiling would be a chance for normal types to shine.

R000

..You seem to be missing the point. You said that all tricks are inheretly immoral, I gave you examples where it's not, so not all tricks are evil nor have to be evil.

Also, where did you get that and connect it to Dark types being strong against fairies?

I suppose you're right about not all tricks being immoral, but any BAD trick a fairy might pull goes under the "evil" category. Dark is basically the king of the evil category. Therefore, it has power over Fairies, making it stronger (or at least resistant).

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Ah a christian... no wonder...

Evil doesn't come from darkness unless you think Night time is evil Dark is neutral just as weapons are neutral just as people as a whole are neutral there can be good people, bad people, and completely neutral people look at alot of past evil team people in Pokemon at the time they were supposidly evil but now they realize they're wrong doing and admit it so they were neutral all along because they didn't just find another evil gang to join and such but if given the right incentives some may join a evil team again while others may not

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
If it makes any difference in the dark category, one weakness is no where near common, which is bug, and the only bug moves people really use are X-scissor and Bug Buzz, but even then I don't really see many bug type moves being used. Nor many bug types in general, even I often forget dark types are even weak to them, so its more a of a rare weakness. I do although, agree with the faeries being weak to them, or they're both strong against each other. Faeries not getting destroyed by darkness just makes no sense to me.

I wish normal types had a type to be super effective against really. I was hoping this new type unveiling would be a chance for normal types to shine.

In the main game though, bug is fairly common.

^That Christian crack's a bit unfair, don't you think?

KKS-Lapras

Not that we can tell it's true strength yet, but take Xerneas as an example. It's not girly, not in the sense that all the naysayers point out, it's not pink, it's not cute in the sense of like the new pink bird Pokemon, YET IT'S A FAIRY TYPE! By all appearances thus far, it'll end up being a highly revered and powerful legendary at that.

The stereotype so many always bring up has already been broken with Xerneas alone, and I'm fairly certain either with a retyped Pokemon or a new Pokemon, there will end up being a non-legendary, decently strong Pokemon that will defy the stereotype as well. Plus, no knows yet the stats of any of these new Fairy Pokemon that have already been revealed, what evolutions they might have, and we've only seen, what, maybe 3 to 5 Fairy moves at the most. Seriously, I don't get why people are being so quick to judge something that so little is known currently. Even if a Pokemon is cute, that is not a determining factor for power.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
In the main game though, bug is fairly common.

^That Christian crack's a bit unfair, don't you think?

It is in game, but everyone knows in game bugs are easily destroyed xD
as for competitive bugs/play, I don't see many of any bug type, cept scolipede, and even then I never see a bug move on em really.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
U-Turn? You turn a corner, and it's always there.
*BA-dum-TSS*

I deserve a face palm for that one, cause even I use that one XD

CrusherTheFeraligatr

as for competitive bugs/play, I don't see many of any bug type, cept scolipede, and even then I never see a bug move on em really.

Dunno, unova gave us some good ones. Hope they keep it up.

R000

Now, all you Fairy lovers, I'm not saying I hate Fairy type. In fact, I think it is a great way to NERF Dragons and even out the type chart, but making Dark weak to Fairy would completely ruin what they were trying to do. Darks aren't a competitive monsters. The only real outlier on their stats board is Attack, and it isn't even all that great.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
Not that we can tell it's true strength yet, but take Xerneas as an example. It's not girly, not in the sense that all the naysayers point out, it's not pink, it's not cute in the sense of like the new pink bird Pokemon, YET IT'S A FAIRY TYPE! By all appearances thus far, it'll end up being a highly revered and powerful legendary at that.

The stereotype so many always bring up has already been broken with Xerneas alone, and I'm fairly certain either with a retyped Pokemon or a new Pokemon, there will end up being a non-legendary, decently strong Pokemon that will defy the stereotype as well. Plus, no knows yet the stats of any of these new Fairy Pokemon that have already been revealed, what evolutions they might have, and we've only seen, what, maybe 3 to 5 Fairy moves at the most. Seriously, I don't get why people are being so quick to judge something that so little is known currently. Even if a Pokemon is cute, that is not a determining factor for power.

I expect people to judge, cause when they see pachirisu and emolga pokemon, they make the link to cute=underpowered in a snap. Hearing the term fairy simply makes it worse. I don't mind faeries, I actually have learned to like them, even if the types name turned me away at first.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Now, all you Fairy lovers, I'm not saying I hate Fairy type. In fact, I think it is a great way to NERF Dragons and even out the type chart, but making Dark weak to Fairy would completely ruin what they were trying to do. Darks aren't a competitive monsters. The only real outlier on their stats board is Attack, and it isn't even all that great.

Repeat this for me. There's got to be stronger types they could go after.

NightFire7

I don't think normal is really meant to be super effective against anything, I think that is how the type is suppose to be, However it only has one weakness and not many types resist it so normal types can generally hit hard because of powerful stab moves such as return and double edge. The drawing of Oorotto seems interesting, it looks like a grass type dual typed either with dark or even ghost.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I suppose you're right about not all tricks being immoral, but any BAD trick a fairy might pull goes under the "evil" category. Dark is basically the king of the evil category. Therefore, it has power over Fairies, making it stronger (or at least resistant).

Except fairies in certain mythologies don't differentiate their tricks by "good or evil," they just do it for fun or even in some cases to teach a lesson.

Another argument I've heard that could be made that in fairy tales Good triumphs over evil just as much as good triumphs over dragons, similarly some fairy blessed weapons have been used to slay evil (remember Disney's Sleepy Beauty for instance?).

CrusherTheFeraligatr

prolly
I actually hope to like USE vivillon o3o
best make them stats count GF

Don't care for him. But I do hope we get another spider. The ones so far are pretty good.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

What are saying?
Volcarona
Scizor
Heracross
Forretress
And a couple others are very high in terms of viability in the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.