• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
Sorry, I'm a Christian, and I hate to bring the Bible into this, but in the Bible it says that immorality IS in fact an act of evil. (Sorry, I know not everyone is a Christian, but this was the a very relevant reference to me)
Bible says a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, you guys should start thinking that because it's game Evil is not what you think of Evil.

And Dark type is evil considering its real name.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I still think Neutrality for Dark vs Fairy is good or if not Neutrality then Super Effectiveness agenst each other because both seem on a lore/idea/legend level even with each other and as many pointed out Darkness doesn't actually need another weakness so it only seems fair that if darkness is weak to fairy that fairy would be weak to darkness in turn

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
What are saying?
Volcarona
Scizor
Heracross
Forretress
And a couple others are very high in terms of viability in the metagame.

I rarely ever see them during my game play through. barring fourtress in the elite 4, Volcarona is battled against later like post game, scizor I haven't seen in any of my game playthroughs, and although I have fought heracross, its relatively easy to beat still, in game is not hard at all.

R000

I still think Neutrality for Dark vs Fairy is good or if not Neutrality then Super Effectiveness agenst each other because both seem on a lore/idea/legend level even with each other and as many pointed out Darkness doesn't actually need another weakness so it only seems fair that if darkness is weak to fairy that fairy would be weak to darkness in turn

Yup, I think neutrality would be the best route to go. I just don't personally understand why Dark should be weak to Fairy.

R000

I rarely ever see them during my game play through. barring fourtress in the elite 4, Volcarona is battled against later like post game, scizor I haven't seen in any of my game playthroughs, and although I have fought heracross, its relatively easy to beat still, in game is not hard at all.

In game? Not hard at all, which isn't saying anything, but Dark types have their work cut out for them in the metagame.

Last edited:

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Now, all you Fairy lovers, I'm not saying I hate Fairy type. In fact, I think it is a great way to NERF Dragons and even out the type chart, but making Dark weak to Fairy would completely ruin what they were trying to do. Darks aren't a competitive monsters. The only real outlier on their stats board is Attack, and it isn't even all that great.

The word 'fair' is in the name of Fairy. And Dark is a type about being unfair, unjust, and deceptive.
I don't see how Fairy won't be SE against Dark.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Yeah, I agree. It is. I'm don't want to offend anyone, or anything. I'm just trying to give an example, and if you don't particularly like it, I understand.

Yup. Its not like you started telling them they're all gonna burn or some other nonsense that people assoiciate with lunatic Christians. And obiviously you're all not like that.

And yeah, neutrality for dark/fairies.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
In game? Not hard at all, but Dark types have their work cut out for them in the metagame.

I know, but I still have seen like 1 volcarona, no forretress, maybe 3 scizor? I mostly get dragon teams and terrakions whenever I battle. Maybe its just me.

R000

Bible says a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, you guys should start thinking that because it's game Evil is not what you think of Evil.

And Dark type is evil considering its real name.

I agree completely. It's just a relevant example for me. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone. I respect your religious or lack-thereof beliefs, and I hate to stuff the Bible down peoples throats.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I agree completely. It's just a relevant example for me. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone. I respect your religious or lack-thereof beliefs, and I hate to stuff the Bible down peoples throats.

Ah, people shouldn't get offended at a vanilla comment like that anyways.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know, but I still have seen like 1 volcarona, no forretress, maybe 3 scizor? I mostly get dragon teams and terrakions whenever I battle. Maybe its just me.

Are you talking in-game, or Wi-Fi battles?
You're confusing me, you say you've seen 1 Volcarona but no Forretress.
This is horribly off topic, well this and the whole Dark Vs Fairy.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
Ah, people shouldn't get offended at a vanilla comment like that anyways.

I agree. Was just trying to make an example, and not a very bad one really. Wasn't saying we were like completely wrong or something, not like the churches I've been to (I've been to church and the people are crazy :| specially the old people; no offense to the old people, but gosh dun wanna goooooo agaiinnn)

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Logically, because life isn't fair, Dark is good against Fairy.

oh my god this discussion is stupid

By this logic, all forum discussions must be stupid lol
We ned to discuss type disadvantages because they hasn't been clarified except for Fairy vs. Dragon.

I think Normal should be good against Fairy. Normal needs an SE, and things that are normal mean things more real, which Fairies shouldn't be. Dragons and Ghost aren't real either, but I think Fairy can be the epitome of fantasy and Normal should overcome it.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Well I go away for a few minutes and this is what I come back to o_O

On the Dark vs. Fairy debate: Dark type is awesome. Fairy type is awesome. End of discussion. We shouldn't be bringing religion into this like that, now I'm not saying that using it as a reference was bad, but everything after that.............just please no.

Anyways what if they make that tree a dark/fairy? Wouldn't that be the 'scoop of the century' :3

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The thing is, you can make basically any argument as to how any type should react against any other type. There's no real argumentation, there's just endless presentation of different evidence and repetition of various perspectives on it.

Last edited:

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
Are you talking in-game, or Wi-Fi battles?
You're confusing me, you say you've seen 1 Volcarona but no Forretress.
This is horribly off topic, well this and the whole Dark Vs Fairy.

I was talking about both really, in game I see tons but that last comment was specifically my wifi battles, sorry for the confusion

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I agree. Was just trying to make an example, and not a very bad one really. Wasn't saying we were like completely wrong or something, not like the churches I've been to (I've been to church and the people are crazy :| specially the old people; no offense to the old people, but gosh dun wanna goooooo agaiinnn)

You should see my aunt.

But yeah, while its not exactly fair to call it stupid, it is more or less at a standstill.

Status
Not open for further replies.