• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
I just hope we get some 'darker' Fairies, like on based on goblins

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Just to let everyone know, Pokémon Smash didn't reveal anything new, infact it seems they've only just revealed Viola and Alexa on it. Trailer for next week doesn't really give anything away. I'm willing to bet Orotto won't be revealed for a few weeks at least (Maybe another beginning/end-month reveal like Honedge was).

Nice bit of animé footage though showing Helioptile being EXTREMELY CUTE!

R000

The thing is, you can make basically any argument as to how any type should react against any other type. There's no argumentation, there's just endless presentation of different evidence and repetition of various perspectives on it.

Yeah, I agree. Fairy types are good. Dark types are good. Lets end it there.

(but Dark types are better!) XD

Well I go away for a few minutes and this is what I come back to o_O

On the Dark vs. Fairy debate: Dark type is awesome. Fairy type is awesome. End of discussion. We shouldn't be bringing religion into this like that, now I'm not saying that using it as a reference was bad, but everything after that.............just please no.

Anyways what if they make that tree a dark/fairy? Wouldn't that be the 'scoop of the century' :3

The discussion is not about which that htat is the most awesome, but that Fairy is rumored to be strong against Dark, which isn't the best type already.

..I really hope you are kidding about the last bit.
Just to let everyone know, Pokémon Smash didn't reveal anything new, infact it seems they've only just revealed Viola and Alexa on it. Trailer for next week doesn't really give anything away. I'm willing to bet Orotto won't be revealed for a few weeks at least (Maybe another beginning/end-month reveal like Honedge was).

Nice bit of animé footage though showing Helioptile being EXTREMELY CUTE!
They did say they would show something new next week when borrowing Masuda's game. However I don't have much faith in them. After all, it is Smash we are talking about.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I was talking about both really, in game I see tons but that last comment was specifically my wifi battles, sorry for the confusion

I going to assume you don't play OU lol.

Anyways back on topic what do you guys think of Orrotto's base stats?
We know it's going to be slow because it's a tree, I'm thinking base 120 Defense, Base 100 Attack, Base 30 Sp.Ak, Base 95 Sp.D, Base 20 Speed. Base 100 HP.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
The discussion is not about which that htat is the most awesome, but that Fairy is rumored to be strong against Dark, which isn't the best type already.

I really hope you are kidding about the last bit.

Idk anythings possible with GF.
But dark isn't the worst type either. Shoot any type can beat another type. Level, stats, it all just comes down to how you use what you're given.(and or all the time and training you put into them)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Just sayin´they teased us once again with Sableye stuff on Smash, they were playing Pokemon Tretta and out of all pokemon "ITS SABLEYE AGAIN!", the girl captures it and shows the medal and all(she also captures Leafon and Bisharp but they didn't bother showing the medal) man I really hope all this teasing leads us to something.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
I going to assume you don't play OU lol.

Anyways back on topic what do you guys think of Orrotto's base stats?
We know it's going to be slow because it's a tree, I'm thinking base 120 Defense, Base 100 Attack, Base 30 Sp.Ak, Base 95 Sp.D, Base 20 Speed. Base 100 HP.

Hmmm no not really. I just play over random matchup with my favorites, if I face OU teams oh well, my only problem with them is that majority disconnect as soon as I start beating them. So I'd prefer not to play OU at all.

slow OU tree? if you burn it, it'll gain quick roots and move at the speed of light!
But for a tree I'd say that's ok stat coverage, I'd probably give it base 85-95 HP though, since the defense is already so high.

Idk anythings possible with GF.
But dark isn't the worst type either. Shoot any type can beat another type. Level, stats, it all just comes down to how you use what you're given.(and or all the time and training you put into them)

Sure, many pokemon can hit a lot of different types, but that doesn't mean that the types are balanced.
Like, GF has kind of stated that one of the reasons for Fairy is to nerf the too powerful dragons.

R_N

..I really hope you are kidding about the last bit.

They did say they would show something new next week when borrowing Masuda's game. However I don't have much faith in them. After all, it is Smash we are talking about.

I suspect we'll see the opening of the game (I believe they showed both the HGSS & BW2 openings when demoing them; and we know they have no qualms about showing XY's intro since it was shown at the e3 roundtable), followed by a heavily edited run through of the starting sequence (professor speech, naming getting dressed, meeting our friends, getting our starter pokemon?) and then some route 1 footage

if we see any "new" Pokemon either in or out of the game, it will likely be ones that were in corocoro

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I can see 100(+) in both attack and defense for him. 75-80 defenses. So he'd be great.

Like your names. My Pangoro's gonna be named Betty, my chespin Bubba.

^Faster, perhaps. But I can't see much higher than 65-70.
I can see the offense being high and what you described being plausible but that would have to come with drawback if it had good HP, attack and defense then its special stats will be abysmal (50-60s...) Dark types always get the bad end of the stick on defenses or speed unless they are legendaries or psuedos... Probably because most of there BST go into offenses

the black lugia

FEAR ME NOW
talking about something completely different here but does anyone else think that the z pokemon is steel type because that and fairy and dark are the only type to be introduced.

EonDragonFTW

Just sayin´they teased us once again with Sableye stuff on Smash, they were playing Pokemon Tretta and out of all pokemon "ITS SABLEYE AGAIN!", the girl captures it and shows the medal and all(she also captures Leafon and Bisharp but they didn't bother showing the medal) man I really hope all this teasing leads us to something.

Sableye evo CONFUUURRRMMMEEEDDDD!!!

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
I suspect we'll see the opening of the game (I believe they showed both the HGSS & BW2 openings when demoing them; and we know they have no qualms about showing XY's intro since it was shown at the e3 roundtable), followed by a heavily edited run through of the starting sequence (professor speech, naming getting dressed, meeting our friends, getting our starter pokemon?) and then some route 1 footage

if we see any "new" Pokemon either in or out of the game, it will likely be ones that were in corocoro

Pancham first route would be epic :D I'm really interested in this footage. hopefully there will be lots.
come to me pangoro! *hugs big fluffy bear*

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I can see the offense being high and what you described being plausible but that would have to come with drawback if it had good HP, attack and defense then its special stats will be abysmal (50-60s...) Dark types always get the bad end of the stick on defenses or speed unless they are legendaries or psuedos... Probably because most of there BST go into offenses

They could make his sp def usable if they give him bad sp atk/speed (Which I can't see him having good numbers in anyways).

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
talking about something completely different here but does anyone else think that the z pokemon is steel type because that and fairy and dark are the only type to be introduced.

Z pokemon??
What be this here?

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
I personaly don't yet like Orrotto. To me it looks like one of the saplings from the FF14 trailer but, if I had to make a guess on it's type I would say rock/dark dk why it's just a feeling I get from it. Plus it's name sounds earthy to me orr-otto like an ore maybe? IDK just a thought.

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
Orotto.jpg

Orotto's appearance confirmed

OHHHHH a slender tree!
I now call for speed stat up XD And spooky forest :3 spooky forest makes me happy~ I shall name the Oorotto Boggly. Or even better BOGMIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.