• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Blaziken is already Uber and MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost too. Oh boy...

I love the new Lucario though! Plus with Adaptability, it's Close Combat is now 240 Power instead of 180.

Yeah, these are going to be banned in a heartbeat.

RioluEeveeZorua fan

Me too. You know what, as i've reiterated, I think we've had footage of a 'mega-evolution' process before. The latest trailer, where MegaMewtwo breaks from some sort of shell, and that DNA symbol overhead drawing its power, that probably is the transformation animation.

Again, hoping for a cooler localized term.

Awakened evolution?

NeoDude-5000

Did anyone notice that on the Gym Leader scan, behind her page there is the Bandai logo. I've a feeling that if these "Mega Evolutions" are indeed real, maybe the "collaboration" that Game Freak is doing has something to do with Pokemon and Digimon. And also I think that the Mega Evolutions are based on the X-Antibody evolutions of several Digimon (alternate versions if you know what I mean). Just a theory, but the Bandai logo page might be completley different entirely.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Guys, Mewtwo can switch between formes! I'm sure we can switch in between them.

I'm expecting them to have something to do with Team Flare.

For some reason, I'm thinking only the Kalos and Hoenn starters will get MegaFormes. Perhaps to promote them?

Hoenn confirrrrrmed!

Wadeledge

Till all are One
My only problem is that it looks like they're trying to target their intended demographic (young kids) instead of their actual demographic (older people) I'm not too keen on the new designs, but it's just a new threat in the metagame like any other Pokemon to be released this Gen.

Wait...what? The intended demographic is their ACTUAL demographic. Those of us that have been playing since RBY are probably going to continue to play if we've stuck around this long aren't we? At the same time they have to attract new fans each generation otherwise it dies out.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Ugh, the more I look at these the more I hate them...

I bought a 3DS for this :( Someone console me and tell me they're cool because I need it right now. OTL Why are they giving these formes to some already OP pokemon? I don't understand...

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Did anyone notice that on the Gym Leader scan, behind her page there is the Bandai logo. I've a feeling that if these "Mega Evolutions" are indeed real, maybe the "collaboration" that Game Freak is doing has something to do with Pokemon and Digimon. And also I think that the Mega Evolutions are based on the X-Antibody evolutions of several Digimon (alternate versions if you know what I mean). Just a theory, but the Bandai logo page might be completley different entirely.

No..i don't think so..though a Pokemon X Digimon Crossover needs to happen

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I don't know how I feel about the whole mega evolutions thing it just makes me feel like gamefreak/Nintendo finally snapped and are now taking ideas from digimon a little bit...

I can see where you are coming from, however I think this can only be good for the franchise. It adds an extra dimension to the gameplay and refreshes the value of older Pokémon to a younger generation.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Well...

MegaMewtwo (until now, Mewtwo Forme) was confirmed to go tback to his normal form. Mewtwo does it arious times during the movie. Which means, allt he Mega are reversible

Machomacho

it wont be why give you mega pokemon then suddenly don't do it again

this is the future of pokemon... its EVOLUTION

also how many people have said they would like something new and different and now they get it they are like wtf

I don't like it because I don't understand it. I need a better explanation because the very vague Mega. I'm not saying its bad, the designs are nice, but I feel this is slipping into Digimon territory somehow.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
So many pokemon would die from derpiness with mega forms, but I am inlove with the mage forms. Imgine: Mega Cinncino, Vanniluxe, Castform, Durant, Wheezing (which should be called Choking), and so many others! I love the new pkmn tho, and will cheek pouches let u hold 2 items?

I love the mega pokemon. Brings a whole new twist to battling, leveling, and evolution. I just hope they limit them to one per party through some weird, flawed explanation so they become a teams ace-in-the-hole.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan

I doubt it's a collaboration. It'd be cool if it was, but I'm not optimistic. It seems more like they're ripping off Digimon's X-antibody digimon, from where I'm sitting. X-Antibody digimon didn't exactly get a lot of media attention outside of one movie, so I don't think it would be obvious to the average consumer. Anyways, not trying to start a pokemon vs digimon flame war. That's just what it appears to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.