• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcethePuma

FireFist
Well after the first shock....blaziken...meh...but 'm ok with the rest though adaptability for luca? Lolz...

'm really interested in how they evolve! I'd love something like a battle frontier and after xxx consecutive wins you get the chance to evolve 1 poke you have got with you maybe it has to hold an item or fullfill goals...So somekind of "super facility"

Underachiever007

Blaziken Knight = Mega stone and Torchic is being released with one

That makes me think these mega evolutions will only be accessible through special event items. I hope that's not the case. I like that new Mawile quite a bit and it'd be a shame if I couldn't get one.

AceTrainer8

Gogoat pre-evo looks great, the rabbit is cute and reminiscent of Super Mario Galaxy, and I despise the gross combination of Pikachu's cheeks, Raichu's colors, and Pichu's height. Bleh.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I almost thought that the Blaziken Mega-Evolutions were Fennekin's final evo. I almost had a heart attack...

Same here then I thought "Wait a second this looks familiar..."

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I think Cheek Pouches will let the Pokémon with this ability use the effect of a berry two time during a single battle.
For example, let's say the Pokémon helds an Oran berry. It gets in the yellow and eats the berry normally, putting it in the green part. The opposing Pokémon hits it and it returns in the yellow or red. The Pokémon with Cheek Pouches can benefit of the effects a second time and eats the Oran berry completely.

Seems likely.

^Yeah werewolf! But we're supposed to move the discussion.

I like the look of these 'Mega' evolutions, and I am not against them at all (if they can make Absol and Mawile useful then it's got to be good...), but I HATE the prefix 'Mega' to their names, it looks so messy and very un-Pokemon. Maybe I'll come round to it, I'd like some more information about them first...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Well "mega" implies that they'll be better.

Exactly. I don't see the point of getting a "mega" form without having a single change aside of their appearance.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
That Pikaclone, Dedenne look similar to European Hamster aka Evil Hamster...
[video=youtube;Cf06WJQ4FnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf06WJQ4FnE[/video]

Lunarasammy

Team Starshine
MegaLucario sort of reminds me of mewtwo's clones from the first movie.

it also has a very giratina looking style to it.

Speaking of clones, If they do touch charizard and blastoise touched I hope they make them look like the mewtwo clones... that be sick and sweet! Then I will appreciate them xD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So does anyone know if there are any more Corocoro scans, or is this it?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
is this it for corocoro? I was hoping we'd get more info and here I was sitting all patiently and now I realize we have all 3 pages no?

Dedenne has earned a spot on my team, that's for sure. I keep wanting to cuddle its little face every time I see it.

Does anyone else think that Horubii looks like the rabbits from Super Mario Galaxy? It may be the rodent of this gen, but I actually think it's really cute!

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I think "Cheek Pouches" Will let the user hold multiple of a usable hold item/berry. Maybe just an extra 1, however even so some Pokemon could really benefit from it. Imagine being about to hold more than one Sleep healing berries so you can use Rest multiple times, or hold multiple White Herbs to heal Overheat or Leaf Storm, or the herb that speeds up Solar Beam. Awesome.

is this it for corocoro? I was hoping we'd get more info and here I was sitting all patiently and now I realize we have all 3 pages no?
I think there's more. There's what seems to be a new Pokémon on the right side of the Torchic-scan + MegaAbsol is there - it seems to be a completely different page.

Status
Not open for further replies.