• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed it with Swirlix. Aside from the complete and total lack of feet in the sugimori art (giving the impression it just floated around) it's also a duller (and I think nicer) shade of pink.

Maybe they alter it so it looks nicer in motion? Or in the case of swirlix maybe that shade of pink doesn't show up as well in-engine (Spritzee is also a bit less hot-pink)
I actually like pokemon like Swirlix who have hidden body parts or workings. Just like Swoobat I think Swirlix retracts its feet while airborne, but extends them on land.
However the duller colors are strange, as they seem quite common actually. When thinking about it, the one who bothers me most is Yveltal. Who is bright red in the artwork, but a duller red~purple in-game.

You might have a point about it looking nicer in motion, ecpecially if we get some really fast moving models.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Tentacruel and Tentacool say hi (XD).

ummm....they are not squid? Tentacool is a jellyfish and Tentacruel is a Man'O'War....

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I also noticed it with Swirlix. Aside from the complete and total lack of feet in the sugimori art (giving the impression it just floated around) it's also a duller (and I think nicer) shade of pink.

I actually like pokemon like Swirlix who have hidden body parts or workings. Just like Swoobat I think Swirlix retracts its feet while airborne, but extends them on land.

Am I the only one here imagining an animated Swirlix that shifts between airborne and grounded, where it'll be bouncing around with its feet, then retract them and float around?

That would actually look pretty cool.

R000

However the duller colors are strange, as they seem quite common actually. When thinking about it, the one who bothers me most is Yveltal. Who is bright red in the artwork, but a duller red~purple in-game.

You might have a point about it looking nicer in motion, ecpecially if we get some really fast moving models.

I thought Swirlix was super ugly without feet. I'm glad they added that in.

Bright pink and red spazzing around the screen may just recreate the Porygon incident.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Am I the only one here imagining an animated Swirlix that shifts between airborne and grounded, where it'll be bouncing around with its feet, then retract them and float around?

That would actually look pretty cool.

You're not! Seeing the Sugimori art and animated art showing Swirlix in a different stance, I can bet on the animation shifting between grounded Swirlix and floating Swirlix.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
Except they aren't a "family" since the electric rodents aren't all related by evolution. Your argument doesn't hold a lot of weight because of that oversight imo.

Also, the fact that people consider them to be clones of Pikachu pretty much confirms that people do in fact realize that they're unoriginal to begin with. It's weird to see people defend reductive designs though. In any other franchise unoriginality would be a bad thing, but apparently it's okay in Pokemon. :x

i wasn't making an argument though? its nothing to argue about. since when is the official term for an evolutionary line "family"? call them what you want. a pack of rats, a pod, a hoard, the electric rodents are a set. pikachu clone is just a term people use; it doesn't at all mean people "realize they are unoriginal". it's weird to see people who claim to be pokemon fans complaining that this gen also has an electric rodent. :p

Lol no offense but your a hardcore electric Pokemon fan so of course your trying to defend against the claims of Dedenne's 'un-originality'. Not that I agree with people who are complaining about it but Ive seen your Dedenne shrine all ready so you'll have to forgive people for not taking your opinion too seriously.

actually people take my opinions quite seriously? only one person has argued with me, and their points were all pretty bland (see above). also, a thousand other people love dedenne too, and to be honest, true pokemon fans accept that there will be an electric rodent and that it'll probably be cute, so it's very strange so many people are having massive tantrums about it. but i promise it will happen again next generation too!

also, i am not "trying" to defend dedenne. i am succeeding at it :D

cmats4020

Yes, I have been wanting a squid pokemon for ages.
As for the Psychic/Ghost type, I think that sounds like a great idea. I wonder what it could be though....

Psychic/Ghost-type would be interesting, but unless the art isn't appealing, I probably wouldn't use it. It'd also have two 4x weaknesses, but I guess two 2x resistances and two immunities make up for it. :)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Psychic/Ghost-type would be interesting, but unless the art isn't appealing, I probably wouldn't use it. It'd also have two 4x weaknesses, but I guess two 2x resistances and two immunities make up for it. :)

Seeing it neutralizes Bug, the Dark weakness could be ignored. Psychic and Ghost are usually specially offensive, specially defensive, or special tanks, but maybe. Psychic/Ghost could have more physical defense and bulk to take a STAB Crunch and keep battling.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

Dedenne is very cute but also somehow funny looking in the same time. Those who saying its Ugly need a reality check, so what if it's un-original" it still a cutest little thing <3

Missingno.Fan

I think Honedge is pretty, actually. The knotwork on the sheath and that ribbon are just elegant. However, Malamar takes the cake for "ugly" in my head. It's such a creeper with it's fin-legs.
Malamar reminds me of the Grand Duke from Rock-a-Doodle.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Idk if I should ask here or in the mega Evo thread, so for now ill ask here

I'm still confused about a few things
1) are mega evolutions new pokemon, or just forme changes?
2) is this the only evolution method were gonna get for older pokemon from now on?
3) do you think sylveon is a mega evolution of eevee? Explaining the secret Evo method and the fact there's only 1 eevee this time around?
If someone could answer these I thank you :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
1) are mega evolutions new pokemon, or just forme changes?

Neither; they're their own thing. They're sort of extensions of the regular Pokemon.

2) is this the only evolution method were gonna get for older pokemon from now on?

Nothing suggests that at the moment; I highly doubt it.

3) do you think sylveon is a mega evolution of eevee? Explaining the secret Evo method and the fact there's only 1 eevee this time around?

Nope. If it was, it'd be like Mewtwo, and they'd have revealed it to be one when the other Megas were revealed.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
OMG dedenne just made my team. @description:
"It can communicate with far-off allies. It can also plug its tail into outlets to drain electricity from them."
How can it get cuter than sticking its tail into outlets? Oh how about its new move called Nuzzle................*dies of cuteness* Bunnelby is awesome too! and the animation for mega-evolutions is so cool! ugh I'm going to have a heart attack if they reveal anymore awesomely cute things(which now doubt they probably are going to)

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
This probably has been discussed, but I'm not digging through who-know-how-many pages to see, but since maybe Ampharos, Lucario, Absol, and Mawile and their respective pre-evos are in the Kalos dex since they all get MegaEvos and the Mega Stones are found in-game. It makes more sense to have them in the Dex than to not and have items specifically for them scattered around Kalos

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
This probably has been discussed, but I'm not digging through who-know-how-many pages to see, but since maybe Ampharos, Lucario, Absol, and Mawile and their respective pre-evos are in the Kalos dex since they all get MegaEvos and the Mega Stones are found in-game. It makes more sense to have them in the Dex than to not and have items specifically for them scattered around Kalos

I definitely could see that, outside of Blaziken and maybe Mewtwo all of them are good candidates to be in the game and having those items spread out to be found and be used by them would be really helpful ingame (or post depending on how powerful these evolutions are).

ebevan91

If Torchic is getting an event can we expect a Treecko and Mudkip event? I forget which games had the Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup events.

Status
Not open for further replies.