• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
Does anyone else think that we might still be getting an evolution for Mawile and Absol? We never saw them in battle, so we never really saw THEM MegaEvolve. Maybe there's an evolved form of both of them that are the real ones that MegaEvolve. I mean, Torchic was on the page with MegaBlaziken. Maybe they just don't want to reveal the evolved forms yet.

I am still hoping that the baby Kangaskhan is going to be a PreEvo... then the Mega form make them team up.

cmats4020

I don't think we'd get a new Eeveelution this Gen because of all the hype about Sylveon. Plus, the newest Eeveelution would've probably been shown during the Pikachu short. I'll always welcome Eeveelutions, but I don't think GF is basing Eeveelutions on patterns.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Does anyone else think that we might still be getting an evolution for Mawile and Absol? We never saw them in battle, so we never really saw THEM MegaEvolve. Maybe there's an evolved form of both of them that are the real ones that MegaEvolve. I mean, Torchic was on the page with MegaBlaziken. Maybe they just don't want to reveal the evolved forms yet.
But the MegaEvos' names are MegaMawile and MegaAbsol which follows the pattern set by MegaBlaziken, MegaLucario, MegaMewtwo, MegaAmpharos, and MegaKangaskhan. The pattern being "Mega(Pokemon that turns into this)". If they get evos, wouldn't you think that the MegaEvos would be named after the evos? And there is also the fact that in the CoroCoro pages revealing them, there is an arrow directly connecting each with their MegaEvo indicating that they turn into the MegaEvos themselves.

Navarch

I want a Normal/Water Goose Pokemon. He should have an ability called "Flight Enhance" where Flying Type moves are absorbed and Raise the Speed Stat. Like a Flying version of Sap Sipper.

Azura

On Dragon Wings
Putting it out there again, but it's possible that the other Eeveelution is really secretive and dislikes attention, which is why it wasn't at the little short thing (spotlight, Sylveon's an attention hog, he would have been new, people would have seen him). It would be part of the evolution method, too, if they chose to use the Pokemon-Amie feature. It's well known that all the activities can make the Pokemon happy with you, but there's a screenshot of Pikachu getting mad at the user over something they did. It could be that after (X) number of good/bad reactions, Eevee evolves into Sylveon (good) or Draconeon (bad).

So two Pokemon with the same type combo automatically makes the newest one a clone of the older one? Do you believe that Salamence is a clone of Dragonite? Or that Garchomp is a clone of Flygon? Surprisingly, Ice is actually paired with half of the types. Although, it is missing some potentially cool pairings like Ice/Bug. I fully expect an Ice/Fairy (or Fairy/Ice) in Kalos, though considering the big snowy area.

I just feel like an Ice Wolf would likely have a high Speed and Attack stat, making it very similar to Weavile.

R000

I don't think we'd get a new Eeveelution this Gen because of all the hype about Sylveon. Plus, the newest Eeveelution would've probably been shown during the Pikachu short. I'll always welcome Eeveelutions, but I don't think GF is basing Eeveelutions on patterns.

Just think about this: How many times has GameFreak mislead us? How many times have They made us think we know things, but completely turn things around with a release? GameFreak is notorious for they're tricks (I mean, the fan name is TrollFreak for God's sake). With this in mind, I'm thinking they'll release another Eeveelution. And, if tradition holds, they WILL introduce another Eeveelution.

I may just be over thinking thinks. Maybe they won't introduce an Eeveelution,but with this info in my mind, I think they will.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
And, if tradition holds, they WILL introduce another Eeveelution.
We said the same kind of thing about Pokemon Grey, and we all know how that turned out. I wouldn't put too much stock in "traditions" anymore since GameFreak has proven to break them in these past few years.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Now the possibility of a Mega Eevee is inevitable... Sylveon and Mega Eevee plus my wish of a dragon base one..

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Now the possibility of a Mega Eevee is inevitable... Sylveon and Mega Eevee plus my wish of a dragon base one..

Mega Eevee? If you've noticed that, so far, every Mega Evolution is for an either fully-evolved Pokemon or a standalone/Legendary, then you'd know Mega Eevee is less likely than a fourth starter choice.

That aside, I don't believe "Draconeon" will be coming this Gen. It's like what one of the above users said: tradition has been broken so much recently that the idea of a second Eeveelution is impossible to predict based on patterns alone.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
How about a Fairy/Dragon? That would be interesting to see.. VERY interesting. It would look like Hydreigon but instead of it's hand/heads it would have lollipops.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Mega Eevee? If you've noticed that, so far, every Mega Evolution is for an either fully-evolved Pokemon or a standalone/Legendary, then you'd know Mega Eevee is less likely than a fourth starter choice.

That aside, I don't believe "Draconeon" will be coming this Gen. It's like what one of the above users said: tradition has been broken so much recently that the idea of a second Eeveelution is impossible to predict based on patterns alone.

Well at Dragon Eevelution is just my wishful thinking..

But for the Mega Eevee it would be justified that it gets a Mega evolution as its the evolution pokemon.. It would defeat that purpose if Eevee don't get Megafied.. It's about time that Eevee gets its normal what better way to utilized it than making it Mega Eevee so it can compete with the other Eeveelution.. Eevee has a solid normal moves hampered by dismal stats..

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
How about a Fairy/Dragon? That would be interesting to see.. VERY interesting. It would look like Hydreigon but instead of it's hand/heads it would have lollipops.

Pfft, lollipops! I would so use that!

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair

Lollipops have relations to fairy because?

cmats4020

Putting it out there again, but it's possible that the other Eeveelution is really secretive and dislikes attention, which is why it wasn't at the little short thing (spotlight, Sylveon's an attention hog, he would have been new, people would have seen him). It would be part of the evolution method, too, if they chose to use the Pokemon-Amie feature. It's well known that all the activities can make the Pokemon happy with you, but there's a screenshot of Pikachu getting mad at the user over something they did. It could be that after (X) number of good/bad reactions, Eevee evolves into Sylveon (good) or Draconeon (bad).

Still, that doesn't make sense. If an Eeveelution was, by canon, shy or didn't like attention, they'd probably show it during the short as being shy or not liking attention. And I don't think GameFreak would want to make your Pokemon dislike you just so that you can get a variant of an evolution. That seems rather harsh, and I doubt they'd do it for the Dragon-type since they aren't even considered bad or evil (neither is the Dark-type).

Like another user posted, tradition has been broken by GameFreak over the past couple of years, so I doubt we'll see another Eeveelution this Gen. Besides, having only one Eeveelution this Gen makes up for GenI's introduction of three.

Azura

On Dragon Wings
Still, that doesn't make sense. If an Eeveelution was, by canon, shy or didn't like attention, they'd probably show it during the short as being shy or not liking attention. And I don't think GameFreak would want to make your Pokemon dislike you just so that you can get a variant of an evolution. That seems rather harsh, and I doubt they'd do it for the Dragon-type since they aren't even considered bad or evil (neither is the Dark-type).

Like another user posted, tradition has been broken by GameFreak over the past couple of years, so I doubt we'll see another Eeveelution this Gen. Besides, having only one Eeveelution this Gen makes up for GenI's introduction of three.

1. If it was a personality thing, it's a good chance that none of the Eevees in the short had the disposition to become the Dragon Eeveelution. Therefore, it wouldn't have shown up.
2. Sylveon seems like it was used more to showcase the new type, rather than just being an Eeveelution. That's why they made a big deal of not telling us the type.
3. They keep using Sylveon in the Pokemon-Amie feature, which means this is possibly the evolution method, considering it probably isn't a known method of evolution and it isn't a Mega. If they were to introduce another one, it would have to be the same evolution method. Since anger/love are the only two reactions we've been shown (the anger point on Pikachu and hearts over Lucario), it's a logical conclusion that that would be the deciding factor between the two. It could also be seen as not disliking you specifically, but disliking the attention it gets. Because it doesn't like attention.

I think we could get another one, but it might not be shown before the game is released. It would be something special to be found by the people who play with Pokemon-Amie a lot right at the beginning, try different things with Eevee, and hit the right trigger to get the Dragon-type evo. Just because they CAN break tradition and HAVE BEEN doing so, doesn't mean they WILL do it in this case.

Also, technically they released four Eevees, since Eevee is one of them, in gen 1. So we're on an odd number of Pokemon in the evolutionary line anyway with the addition of Sylveon and no partner.

Last edited:

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
I am the only one who actually DON'T want a Dragon Eevee? I feel like Poison is more interesting T_T

Anyway, I wonder if this gen will focus exclusively on Fairy or it will raise new contenders of the more forgotten types (Ice, Steel, Poison, Ghost)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I am the only one who actually DON'T want a Dragon Eevee? I feel like Poison is more interesting T_T

Anyway, I wonder if this gen will focus exclusively on Fairy or it will raise new contenders of the more forgotten types (Ice, Steel, Poison, Ghost)

Nope, I'm the same but I don't want more Eevees AT ALL, poison, dragon, sound, coca cola type NONE and no I don't hate Eevee I like them but enough is enough.
Love that Torchic moves when looking at its information :3

:D same its adorable

Status
Not open for further replies.