• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R000

I know people say 'well we didnt get the second forms untill a week before release' but this generation has brought so much to the table that showing of second evolutions would break the hype train and turn it into a must have rainbow unicorn shooting lasers hype train and that is a good hype train to be on

This made my day

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If Dunsparce evolves, I don't think it'll be Fairy/Dragon, it'll probably be either Normal/Fairy or Normal/Dragon. Giving it a completely different type combination would be too extreme IMO.

makoraleigh

dragonrails
this just made my day.
anyway, I would love one of the this gen's fossils to end up being a sabertooth tiger (rock/ice?). Or one could be a megalodon.......... a megalodon pokemon with a mega evolution..............yup, that sounds cool to me!

sharpedo could get a megaevolution that's a megalodon

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
sharpedo could get a megaevolution that's a megalodon

This had been discussed :p. To quote myself...."oh god...."
But seriously, Sharpedo would need major stat boosts for that.

DSDark

Breeder
That would end up being the new dragon/water type set wouldn't it? By that I mean immune to almost everything

Kingdra and Palkia are already Water/Dragon and Dragon/Water. Nothing new there, only weak to Dragon and Fairy

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
This had been discussed :p. To quote myself...."oh god...."
But seriously, Sharpedo would need major stat boosts for that.
I don't think it would need major stat boosts since it has solid 120/95/95 offenses (+Speed Boost), and I don't think it would be worth it to give Sharpedo a MegaEvo to bring up it defensive stats. Maybe raise its Attack and Speed.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
My point was exactly that if one of dragon's only weaknesses is fairy, makinga dragon/fairy would take tthat weakness away, and probably wouldn't add any.
We don't know what Fairy is weak to and resists yet, though. If the rumors are true, then Dragon/Fairy would still be weak to Steel, Poison, and Ice.

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
We don't know what Fairy is weak to and resists yet, though. If the rumors are true, then Dragon/Fairy would still be weak to Steel, Poison, and Ice.

We are getting a type chart in the next Corocoro right?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Dunsparce evolves, I don't think it'll be Fairy/Dragon, it'll probably be either Normal/Fairy or Normal/Dragon. Giving it a completely different type combination would be too extreme IMO.

Dunsparce won't evolve. It will Mega Evolve.. We're probably not getting any GenIV-style evolutions anymore. People hated Lickilicky, so temporary evolutions are our punishment.

We are getting a type chart in the next Corocoro right?

Yes, which is epic! :D

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Dunsparce won't evolve. It will Mega Evolve.. We're probably not getting any GenIV-style evolutions anymore. People hated Lickilicky, so temporary evolutions are our punishment.

I wasn't saying that, but whatever.

If Mega Evolutions are completely replacing cross gen evolutions they're using it wrong. Many of the cross gen evos suggested (like Dunsparce) need more permanent improvements. It's fine for stuff that can still hold its own without a Mega Evolution but the weaker stuff should really get conventional evolutions first.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I wasn't saying that, but whatever.

If Mega Evolutions are completely replacing cross gen evolutions they're using it wrong. Many of the cross gen evos suggested (like Dunsparce) need more permanent improvements. It's fine for stuff that can still hold its own without a Mega Evolution but the weaker stuff should really get conventional evolutions first.

Okay, then you weren't saying 'If Dunsparce evolves', but I get it, you weren't making a distinction between regular evolving and mega evolving. I think the distinction is too hefty to ignore, hence my point.

Mawile couldn't hold its own, yet no regular evolution. If we are to believe the trademark list, then stuff like Pinsir, Jynx and Banette are getting it as well, and they are certainly within the lower percentages as well.

If that doesn't prove that cross-generational evolution has largely been reduced, then I don't know what is. I liked GenIV's new evolutions. They are what drew me back to pokemon for the most part. I don't really like Lucario or Garchomp for that matter, there's not a lot of GenIV pokemon that I really like a lot, especially from the 'popular' ones.

It's ridiculous to me quite honestly.. Not to mention a tad hypocritical in a sense (not you, in general). As long as they are formes, or mega evolutions, it's good. But full blown evolutions is bad. "GenIV was too cross-evolution heavy!!", "Lickilicky, Tangrowth?? Is that all they could come up with?!?" Yes, Mega Evolutions won't take up space in the dex, but we'll be swamped with them regardless of whether they take up space in the dex or not. Judging on the metatext.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Yes, which is epic! :D

Sylveon would like to help you place your own foot in your mouth.

KKS-Lapras

If sharpedo did mega evolve, I doubt it would change much in appearance, considering all the other ones look pretty darn similar to their counterparts

Because they're the same Pokemon, just their power is ascended, at least, for now, that's how I'm expecting they'll be portrayed.

Mega Charizard

Okay, then you weren't saying 'If Dunsparce evolves', but I get it, you weren't making a distinction between regular evolving and mega evolving. I think the distinction is too hefty to ignore, hence my point.

Mawile couldn't hold its own, yet no regular evolution. If we are to believe the trademark list, then stuff like Pinsir, Jynx and Banette are getting it as well, and they are certainly within the lower percentages as well.

If that doesn't prove that cross-generational evolution has largely been reduced, then I don't know what is. I liked GenIV's new evolutions. They are what drew me back to pokemon for the most part. I don't really like Lucario or Garchomp for that matter, there's not a lot of GenIV pokemon that I really like a lot, especially from the 'popular' ones.

It's ridiculous to me quite honestly.. Not to mention a tad hypocritical in a sense (not you, in general). As long as they are formes, or mega evolutions, it's good. But full blown evolutions is bad. "GenIV was too cross-evolution heavy!!", "Lickilicky, Tangrowth?? Is that all they could come up with?!?" Yes, Mega Evolutions won't take up space in the dex, but we'll be swamped with them regardless of whether they take up space in the dex or not. Judging on the metatext.

For all you know this mega evolution thing is a region specific hype train that may never take off so they may decide to go back to regular evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.