• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Just like there is no proof that there could be another Eeveelution, there is also no proof that there won't be any.
Part of the reason that I don't think there will be second is that why would they leave it out of the short that centered around the Eeveelutions? If there really is another Eeeveelution, they would probably want to market it, since a lot of people love Eevee and Eeveelutions, so it would draw attention, especially if it was Dragon, since people have been wanting a Dragon Eeveelution for a long time. The other part is that it would be overshadowed by Sylveon since it has a new type, and was actually marketed and promoted.

Regality

Digital King
Part of the reason that I don't think there will be second is that why would they leave it out of the short that centered around the Eeveelutions? If there really is another Eeeveelution, they would probably want to market it, since a lot of people love Eevee and Eeveelutions, so it would draw attention, especially if it was Dragon, since people have been wanting a Dragon Eeveelution for a long time. The other part is that it would be overshadowed by Sylveon since it has a new type, and was actually marketed and promoted.

Marketing tactics?
With sylveon they went the mega hype route, with the next eeveelution they are going the surprise route?

I am not sure whether there will be another one though, I am not really that fussed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think they'd definitely do it but I consider it a possibility. In my opinion they introduced them as mega because they didnt want to flood the dex with cross-gen evolutions like gen 4 but once we have megas for all the pokemon, they could retcon the megas of pokemon which aren't at their third stage of evolution into a regular evos, a little every gen. Thats what I think considering only final-stage pokemon can evolve into megas, if that's not the case then I believe there would be no need to retcon anything and new evolutions can be added anyways

The Dex isn't really a good excuse for this, because you still have to account for the amount of new Pokemon in the Dex and the old Pokemon that get Mega Evolutions in the dex. It doesn't solve the lack of balance in the dex at all, they're pretty much side stepping the real issue. What they really need is a better balance of evolutions each gen. If you notice, there's been a rather annoying pattern of having little to no evolutions in odd numbered generations and too many during the even numbered generations. If they limited the even numbered generations to about 10-15, they'd have plenty of room for new families. And then the ones cut from the even numbered generations can be saved for future generations. With that, every generation would have a reasonable balance, about 80-90% new families and 10-20% new evolutions.

LordSerperior

The Dex isn't really a good excuse for this, because you still have to account for the amount of new Pokemon in the Dex and the old Pokemon that get Mega Evolutions in the dex. It doesn't solve the lack of balance in the dex at all, they're pretty much side stepping the real issue. What they really need is a better balance of evolutions each gen. If you notice, there's been a rather annoying pattern of having little to no evolutions in odd numbered generations and too many during the even numbered generations. If they limited the even numbered generations to about 10-15, they'd have plenty of room for new families. And then the ones cut from the even numbered generations can be saved for future generations. With that, every generation would have a reasonable balance, about 80-90% new families and 10-20% new evolutions.

I was merely stating whati think they're doing not supporting the decision, plus I don't think all pokemon that get megas will be in the dex. But even so I totally agree with you that the balance would still be an issue and your idea for actually solving it is exactly what they should do

R000

Marketing tactics?
With sylveon they went the mega hype route, with the next eeveelution they are going the surprise route?

Does this not sound exactly like GameFreak? They make us think we get one thing, then they give us another. They didn't have an Eevee short for Espeon and Umbreon. They didn't have an Eevee short for Leafeon and Glaceon. All of those Pokemon were released at the same time. Then, we have Sylveon. They made an Eevee short. It's been noted in countless arguments against Drakoneon (or whatever the Eeveelution would be) that "It would've been released in the Eevee short." That's exactly what GameFreak wants you to think, isn't it? If they release Drakoneon just before X and Y launch, the hype would be crazy. Surprise is one of their finest tactics, and it's not limited to their other releases.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Does this not sound exactly like GameFreak? They make us think we get one thing, then they give us another. They didn't have an Eevee short for Espeon and Umbreon. They didn't have an Eevee short for Leafeon and Glaceon. All of those Pokemon were released at the same time. Then, we have Sylveon. They made an Eevee short. It's been noted in countless arguments against Drakoneon (or whatever the Eeveelution would be) that "It would've been released in the Eevee short." That's exactly what GameFreak wants you to think, isn't it? If they release Drakoneon just before X and Y launch, the hype would be crazy. Surprise is one of their finest tactics, and it's not limited to their other releases.

No not really, it doesn't sound like anything GF does, they haven't "tricked/trolled" us once but for some reason you guys are always like, YOU KNOW IT THATS HOW GF does stuff...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I was merely stating whati think they're doing not supporting the decision, plus I don't think all pokemon that get megas will be in the dex. But even so I totally agree with you that the balance would still be an issue and your idea for actually solving it is exactly what they should do

And I'm just saying that Game Freak's reasoning here is completely flawed.

DSDark

Breeder
I hope we get some more new information soon.Ive come around to the whole mega evolution thing (apart from Blaziken) but it would be nice to see a few old Pokes getting new permanent evolutions (Dunsparce and Farfetch'd being prime candidates)

Doubtful as the demo they are show casing is about Mega-evolution but we can only hope.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
I wouldn't mind seeing a Normal/Ghost type pokemon. Three immunities, two resistances, and only one weakness. But why do I picture it like a giant floating bed sheet as it's concept. ._.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Lilligantastic

I wouldn't mind seeing a Normal/Ghost type pokemon. Three immunities, two resistances, and only one weakness. But why do I picture it like a giant floating bed sheet as it's concept. ._.

That would be cool. Maybe like a ghost of an already existent pokemon? Like the whole Gengar/Clefable theory but official?

Regality

Digital King
they gave absol wings, doquad with wings >>>

oops I thought this was the mega evo thread, but ya dude. there's a mega evo discussion thread and this isn't it :p

Not wings, just fur that looks like wings. ;)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Lalalalala I am not listening lalalalala

Still looks really cool, at any rate.

While I think they are actual wings I am not sure if/how it could fly with them. The wings are way too small to lift Absol, and I bet they can't even animate it flying without it looking rediculous.

However, they made Hydreigon fly, but from its animation it just looks really light and seems to float instead of actually using its wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.