• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolfusion

Soon.......
I've heard that the new alpaca mon looks more like a poodle, and thus possibly an evolution of swirlix. What do you guys think?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I've heard that the new alpaca mon looks more like a poodle, and thus possibly an evolution of swirlix. What do you guys think?

I think that it looks nothing like a potential Swirlix evolution.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I don't see any resemblance between the two, so I'm gonna have to say that it isn't.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I think this llama is going to be normal/something.

absolfusion

Soon.......
New poodle mon then?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
but with (i assume) the 1st stage only, it's hard to figure what type would it be. But i bet it's if not pure, part normal.

R_N

compare this http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1378411606880.png and this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Poodle,_cropped.JPG/220px-Poodle,_cropped.JPG, or this http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1378411659167.jpg Black face, long fluffy ears, and black paws also alpacas do not have long overhanging ears http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Alpaca_headshot.jpg/220px-Alpaca_headshot.jpg (and yes I do frequent /vp/, it's a guilty pleasure of mine)

Yeah I...still see a stylized alpaca/llama, honestly

Poodles can have the black face & long ears, but the fur doesn't match a poodle and it doesn't really have the, ah, round poofs that characterizes it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Poodles can have the black face & long ears, but the fur doesn't match a poodle and it doesn't really have the, ah, round poofs that characterizes it.

Yeah, this. ^

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Oh, and i'm loving this new pokemon, forgot about that. Added to favorites and for now it takes a spot in my team. I'm just a sucker for cute/cool mammal pokemon (looking at you minchino/bunneary/bunnelby/sentret/zigzagoon/zangoose) I might say i'm a furry(no, not that kind, geez, what are you thinking?!).

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

i agree, it's too tall and the face is too short to be a dog. The only thing poodle about it is the sideburns.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It's too large to be an Absol pre-evolution that's for sure. As for what animal is it based on, I still think it's inspired by a llama as well. Not poodle like other than the white fur and dog like legs.

definitevely not absol related.

NightFire7

The more that I look at the llama the more it seems more poodle like mainly because of the overhanging ears. It would make sense since the region is based on france and french poodle is a thing. Does anybody know if rumour 18 was posted before Dedenne and Bunnelby were officially revealed in last month's corocoro? Because Dedenne and Horubii which is the japanese name for bunnelby both appear on that list. If the rumour was posted before they were revealed than that might be something to look into.

absolfusion

Soon.......

Orgetorix

Dark Lord of Nowhere
I kind of like the Poodle-Alpaca even though I think it looks more of an Alpaca then a poodle personally.

Also one of the biggest things I want are some decent fossil pokemon. Armaldo/Cradlily really helped R/S/E become my least favorite games. i like the idea of a saber tooth tiger that's been floated around. Either some nice Ice Age animals or some awesome Dinos would really make the fossil pokemon look cooler.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
If it truely is an alpaca based Pokémon then I'm catching a Male and Female with the nicknames Reese and Cyrus.

Hopefully you played AC: NL to know this.

Great idea!

Seriously though, I like this llama pokemon thus far. I just hope that we get its official reveal soon, and not until the games' release.

Status
Not open for further replies.