• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
and that teaches you ( and all of us) what is even told to you in game: talk to everyone and listen to what they say. You never know when someone will give you what you need to move on.

Unless your playing earthbound where if you talk to everyone you get random stuff like cheese analogies

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
and that teaches you ( and all of us) what is even told to you in game: talk to everyone and listen to what they say. You never know when someone will give you what you need to move on.

True. I just hope that X and Y will not be too easy and just give us everything without us needing to explore a bit. I would like some exploration, but not TOO much.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
True. I just hope that X and Y will not be too easy and just give us everything without us needing to explore a bit. I would like some exploration, but not TOO much.

Not me though. I would really like it if we get to explore A LOT.

Backtracking, dead ends, puzzles, secret pathways, optional areas, etc...
These were mostly present in Gens 1-4 but pretty lacking in Gen 5 (although B2W2 kinda fixed that but I'm still not satisfied). Hopefully Kalos has lots of it.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

These were mostly present in Gens 1-4 but pretty lacking in Gen 5 (although B2W2 kinda fixed that but I'm still not satisfied). Hopefully Kalos has lots of it.

I think we might get it. Kalos seems a lot bigger. Maybe the biggest let especially if there is something good beyond those clouds or at the end of that Train.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I have no idea if this was already posted here but it wasn't posted in the Fake/Rumours thread yet. I saw this now on Serebii's twitter:

Vicente Lillo ‏@vice_lillo
@SerebiiNet Serebii you will be here in a moment? I saw i new pokémon in a arcade machine shop!

@SerebiiNet A new pokémon! not fake i took the photo pic.twitter.com/AqB7HASJS5

BTeJScrCIAEBJyf.jpg

Does anyone know if this is for real? I just checked the last two pages and I didn't see anything about it.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I'm in the middle of that personally, I didn't like Gen 5 being so restrictive in that regard, but I also didn't like Sinnoh for overdoing it in some aspects (there was no need to revisit the mountain range that much). I'd like for it to be more like Hoenn, a good number of areas to explore and a nice environment.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
This happens to me all the time too XD I just never seem to get noticed. Maybe my ideas are bad lol

Speaking of ideas though, here's one. I posted this earlier but it wasn't well received at the time. What if you put (for example) a rapidash in the daycare and a zebstrika (or a new ghost horse I've been wanting since FOREVER) and maybe like 5% of the time, you could hatch a completely brand new pokemon that has elements from both rapidash and zebstrika? It would be based on like divergent evolution or something (I forget what it's called when a new species is born from an older species because of geographic separation) and the new horse pokemon can be either hatched in this way or found in the wild. Both ways of obtaining it would be difficult, and it could even be a psuedo-legend! (or the second breedable legendary?) In this example the new horse pokemon would be Fire/Electric but this could happen with other similar pokemon, litleo and shinx or two other similar pokemon (Arcanine and maybe the rumored new ice wolf?) It's a bit complicated, but what does everyone think?

Omg.. lol I pitched this idea a month or so ago, and it also, was not well received, but I think it's a WONDERFUL idea.. and super cool.
My concept was nearly the same.. I imagined taking two similar pokemon to a daycare, to breed, and the result would be something new.
For example...
Pikachu and Zigzagoon = a pikachu with a fluffy neck collar and a fluffier tail...
I like how you have a completely new pokemon appear though.. mine was more of a merge of the two, whereas yours is creating a new pokemon entirely.. either way it goes YES, YES to all of this

Bariokie

rock dog
I have no idea if this was already posted here but it wasn't posted in the Fake/Rumours thread yet. I saw this now on Serebii's twitter:

@SerebiiNet Serebii you will be here in a moment? I saw i new pokémon in a arcade machine shop!

BTeJScrCIAEBJyf.jpg

Does anyone know if this is for real? I just checked the last two pages and I didn't see anything about it.

I guess it is just fan art they got from the internet...

Moneyy

INACTIVE

BTeJScrCIAEBJyf.jpg

Looks fake to me. The style of drawing is very different and the images seem out of place.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

BTeJScrCIAEBJyf.jpg

It's FAKE. It's obviously fanart. It doesn't follow Sugimori nor Ohmura's style. Probably taken from tumblr, pixiv or dA.
Added to the RUMORS thread.

I'm in the middle of that personally, I didn't like Gen 5 being so restrictive in that regard, but I also didn't like Sinnoh for overdoing it in some aspects (there was no need to revisit the mountain range that much). I'd like for it to be more like Hoenn, a good number of areas to explore and a nice environment.

Sinnoh is understandable though. Mt. Coronet was placed smack dab in the middle of the region.
We had no choice but to cross it. But I do agree, it was a bit annoying.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Omg.. lol I pitched this idea a month or so ago, and it also, was not well received, but I think it's a WONDERFUL idea.. and super cool.
My concept was nearly the same.. I imagined taking two similar pokemon to a daycare, to breed, and the result would be something new.
For example...
Pikachu and Zigzagoon = a pikachu with a fluffy neck collar and a fluffier tail...
I like how you have a completely new pokemon appear though.. mine was more of a merge of the two, whereas yours is creating a new pokemon entirely.. either way it goes YES, YES to all of this

I do like that idea but programming does have its limits. now if it was a combinations that produced a Pokemon we know of such as Raichu and Zigzgaoon create Dedenne then yeah that would be cool instead of breeding where you get a Pikachu and a Zigzagoon and get a Pichu.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
It's FAKE. It's obviously fanart.
Added to the RUMORS thread.

Eerk@ I would have never known without asking here. It could be its Pokémon center/Pokémon Dream World/wtv art to justify its weird drawing being different from usual. So I wouldn't say "obviously" anyway... Glad you think it's fake, anyway.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Unless your playing earthbound where if you talk to everyone you get random stuff like cheese analogies

Cheese Analogies? Why?

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I do like that idea but programming does have its limits. now if it was a combinations that produced a Pokemon we know of such as Raichu and Zigzgaoon create Dedenne then yeah that would be cool instead of breeding where you get a Pikachu and a Zigzagoon and get a Pichu.

*le sigh*

I suppose my ideas need to realign with the technology and abilities available to us lol

Perhaps one day in the future..

I just like the idea of there being some sort of surprise when the egg hatches ( other than the rare possibility that it is a shiny)

also, ( im not sure how to include two quotes into one post) but that image of the new pokemon.. I'm 99% sure I JUST seen that as a "fakemon".. I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be Mega Cherrim

Nodame

Misty <3

BTeJScrCIAEBJyf.jpg

I hope its real !! Its so darn cute

jake279

Ice Master
I hope that's fake. I don't like it.

I wish I could hold off viewing the whole pokedex when it's released so that the game will be a surprise, but I won't. I won't be getting the game for a while since I'm a student and can't afford to buy a 3DS and the game in october, so looking at the pokedex will have to do. Still excited to see it. It's already infinitely better than gen 5. I despised gen 5 with every fibre of my being.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Even though I'll be preordering, I've decided I will end up spoiling myself aswell. I'll be sat on Serebii with my 3DS in the other hand haha! I wanna see everyone Pokémon as it hits the net. I'm not bothered because I know I'll enjoy the game anyway and be able to see these Pokémon in motion myself will be rewarding enough. Plus there is a lot of other stuff I'll discover and go through myself, so it's not like I'm ruining the whole thing for myself.

NightFire7

Saw the pictures, yeah its fan art

Status
Not open for further replies.