• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazdar

Why is blue?
Has anyone wondered why Oorotto hasn't been officially revealed, yet?
That is something I'm wondering also. It was featured in videos yet nothing official has been said about it. Kinda strange.

Regality

Digital King
We only have 4 pure steel types... In 2 evolutionary lines. (Kling line and Registeel)

We need more!

thetamale

Pyroar is still part normal? Was not expecting that. Although, it makes sense, since its line seems to be based of sound, and sound is basically a part of normal type. It's like Meloetta all over again.

I don't see the sound connection other than its signature move being a roar but that seems more to do with the fact that it's a lion.

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
The trailer says that Litleo evolves into Pyroar.. not sure this means there is a middle evolution, although I thought there'd be one. Still believable if it's its only evolution; wouldn't mind it because then it would be a bit too similar to the Luxray line. However, I have a feeling there will be a female evolution of Litleo (without the mane of course).

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Hm...Bulbapedia's article on Chigorasu seems to think it's based on an allosaurus

However, it's ability "Strong Jaw" seems to imply it's more of a T-Rex

Since the Jaw of the T-Rex was estimated at 7 times more powerful than the Allosaurus

What does it's name MEAN in Japanese?
The bumps over the eyes resemble an Allosaurus skull shape, but I'm almost certain that's just coincidence. The two claws and huge head both seem more reminiscent of Tyrannosaurus.

thetamale

However, I have a feeling there will be a female evolution of Litleo (without the mane of course).

It's probably more likely to just have a gender difference, but then they revealed the Mewtwo forms separately so it's hard to really predict anything.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I know it's not exactly on topic, but I wonder why Oha Suta hasn't had any part in any reveals this generation. I mean, we got trailers every few weeks from Oha Suta revealing new stuff, and this time not. I suppose it's partly due to the international release, but still... (Does Oha Suta even exist anymore? The Pokémon section I mean)

Tiptop

Saved by Hamboning
Pyroar is rad! Deffo gonna pair him with Luxray, Ursaring, and Pangoro on a team. Lion, tiger and bears! Oh my!

The fossil-mons are crazy cool, interesting type combos too. The T-Rex is gonna wreck.
The My Little Pony inspired sauropod is reaaally weird, but I love it. Hopefully the Freeze skin ability pans out to be useful. Without many good specially-based normal type attacks though... Eh. Ice type Hyperbeam for the lols

Luthor

i hope the female pyroar will not have a mane... since this gen we saw big gender diferences, this might happen

yeah i'd prefer it to have significant differences or for the females to be different pokemon altogether. It just seems like too much of an opportunity to miss.

dman_dustin

The same reason it took Haxorus, Galvantula, Excadrill and Cofagrigus a long time to be officially revealed.

Except they were officially revealed before the games release.

Unless Oorotto is revealed by some other means, Oorotto won't be officially revealed until the games release.

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
It's probably more likely to just have a gender difference, but then they revealed the Mewtwo forms separately so it's hard to really predict anything.

Yeah I meant to say that.. Same name and everything but different appearance

PsychoIncarnate

The bumps over the eyes resemble an Allosaurus skull shape, but I'm almost certain that's just coincidence. The two claws and huge head both seem more reminiscent of Tyrannosaurus.

My one fear - They make his evolved form covered in feathers!!!

Stupid science ruining awesomeness. And Pluto

I don't care if it IS an allosaurus though, I'm still calling it a T-Rex pokemon

shideravan

Did you people saw the IGN website?
Xerneas and Yveltal was been numbered respectively #998 and #999. It's that official?
It's that true?
More than 350 new pokémon Game Freak :D
LOL
http://www.ign.com/pokedex/pokemon/xerneas

Bus

Pyroar is rad! Deffo gonna pair him with Luxray, Ursaring, and Pangoro on a team. Lion, tiger and bears! Oh my!

The fossil-mons are crazy cool, interesting type combos too. The T-Rex is gonna wreck.
The My Little Pony inspired sauropod is reaaally weird, but I love it. Hopefully the Freeze skin ability pans out to be useful. Without many good specially-based normal type attacks though... Eh. Ice type Hyperbeam for the lols

My first thought was actually "Cool, that would give me an Ice type Bodyslam!" Because when you're that big, there's no way you don't learn bodyslam. I think the ability has a lot of potential. Same with Pyroar being part normal; I think that can open him up to a lot of potential. Maybe there wont be as many fighting types as there seemed to be last gen. Last generation it seemed like the game was littered with them, so going with anything weak to fighting was suicide.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

dman_dustin

Yeah it's a placeholder for their real numbers, or else GameFreak really would be going overboard haha!

Holy crap though if it was real.

I find it odd that I like the Pokemon they've revealed so far. It would be weird that they'd be able to make more than 300 Pokemon, and the ones so far I like, especially if they are all that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.