• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
oh they do lol maybe that's the reference. i just think of big round eyes when i hear "baby doll eyes" not half closed slanted red pupil eyes :p

Well, I guess it's Eyes will become very creepy while using that move. :3 Like, doll-ish. I hope so, I will like Furfrou even more.

Ninfia-Fan

With the abundance of fire type, I might just make a challenge for myself on the first play-through and do a fire type only run.

Seriously, there'll be Fennekin, Charmander, Torchic, Fletchling and Litleo available presumably all early in game.
If I don't fall in love with any other fire types, I might add in Amaura and Tyrunt to spice things up.

Back on topic, GF seems to be loving the Fire types this gen. I wonder if it's because they have a resistance to Fairy. Was that disproven? I'm not sure.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'm pretty sure it was shown using it in a screen shot and it looks prety much the same but with blue 'aura' around it

That's true. Well, the anime still have a chance of doing it. ^^

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
They will probably just turn really cute, we have mean look so i guess this is the cute fairy alluring version of it

Well, this attack does damage, does it not? As well as lowering Attack? Or did I get that wrong?

Either way, I want to see some big, creepy Eyes. ^^

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Well, this attack does damage, does it not? As well as lowering Attack? Or did I get that wrong?

Either way, I want to see some big, creepy Eyes. ^^

Oh it is an attack i thought it was just a status lowering move that let you go first ahahahha. I assume in the anime it will lure the pokemon in with really cute eyes and then when it gets close the pokemon using it suddenly pounces on the other ...... possibly having evil eyes

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Watchog
I once battled online and I saw someone saying 'Go Arceus!'. I was like, O__O
But it turned out to be a Ratata named Arceus. What a troll~

@TheFairyQueen
That would actually be a neat attack if done right. :3 Especially when a grumpy-looking Pokémon like FryFro does it (I keep thinking of FryFro when I read Furfrou's name!).

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
With the abundance of fire type, I might just make a challenge for myself on the first play-through and do a fire type only run.

Seriously, there'll be Fennekin, Charmander, Torchic, Fletchling and Litleo available presumably all early in game.
If I don't fall in love with any other fire types, I might add in Amaura and Tyrunt to spice things up.

Back on topic, GF seems to be loving the Fire types this gen. I wonder if it's because they have a resistance to Fairy. Was that disproven? I'm not sure.

fire-types do indeed resist fairy-types moves!
also, i think this is great even though i'm not a big fan of fire-types, only because of the atrocious lack of them in DP. and BW didn't add all that much.
i'd laugh if that's all the fire-types for this gen though. i remember DP's only fire types were literally chimchar line, magmortar, and heatran. (sinnoh dex only) with ponyta thrown in there LOL

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
@Watchog
I once battled online and I saw someone saying 'Go Arceus!'. I was like, O__O
But it turned out to be a Ratata named Arceus. What a troll~

@TheFairyQueen
That would actually be a neat attack if done right. :3 Especially when a grumpy-looking Pokémon like FryFro does it (I keep thinking of FryFro when I read Furfrou's name!).

Yeah it actually sounds like the attacking version of moves like charm and captivate ...... it actually sounds slightly evil. Oh and that's understandable considering i thought it was a llama with an afro in the screenshot we first saw it in. I just looked it up and the grroming thing is on par with actual poodles who without proper groomning their fur matts and gets pulled hurting the poor dog :( but go gamefreak for real world accuracy

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@TheFairyQueen
Evil Poodles with Evil attacks. Perfect~
And well, I was more meaning I thought of Futurama, but that makes sense too. XD And, so, if I don't make my FryFro like that, I will be mean to it? Damn you, GameFreak!

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
@TheFairyQueen
Evil Poodles with Evil attacks. Perfect~
And well, I was more meaning I thought of Futurama, but that makes sense too. XD And, so, if I don't make my FryFro like that, I will be mean to it? Damn you, GameFreak!

Ahahahah it seems like the perfeect pokemon for a team flare admin,
I don't think it will negativley hurt your pokrmon in the game but if it does it is accurate with real life poodles ..... Have we just found you Furfrou's nickname FryFro ahahahhah i think it will suit it well

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
do you guys think furfrou's customization is limited to the 3 "trimmings" revealed so far? the fact that they revealed official art for those 3 only as well as having only shown the 3 in images/video, i kind of feel like that's all there is.

also, it's weird that it has an almost creepy appearance but was said to have protected the king of kalos in ancient times.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
do you guys think furfrou's customization is limited to the 3 "trimmings" revealed so far? the fact that they revealed official art for those 3 only as well as having only shown the 3 in images/video, i kind of feel like that's all there is.

also, it's weird that it has an almost creepy appearance but was said to have protected the king of kalos in ancient times.

It is said that more will be unlocked through more grooming after a while. I assume that the kings of Kalos would have groomed them royally ahahahah and plus who has a cute looking gaurd dog?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
It is said that more will be unlocked through more grooming after a while. I assume that the kings of Kalos would have groomed them royally ahahahah and plus who has a cute looking gaurd dog?

PARIS HILTON /badjoke

that's good then, i wasn't aware of that. but yes that's true, i didn't think about the king possibly grooming him royally :p

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Yeah, I totally have to name it FryFro now, haha. XD

Also, I was hoping we could change every Little part of Furfrou as we wanted (like, I was gonna sheer mine and make it naked!) but I guess that's not possible. Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of versions. ^^ I can see a trainer having a full team of different Poodles.

Yea. I was sort of thinking that way too. Its when they gave those three individual Sugimori art that really made me think that. We might see a few more though. Possibly green/yellow/purple designs? Anyway another question on my mind. Do any of you guys think that Furfrou will have an evolution? I personally think a pre evo or standalone is as good as it will get.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
@weaville it may have been bad but i laughed ahahah and yes i think Furfou would make a great royal pokemon aahhahah

@MasterofMonsters Yeah it looks like that will be it's name forever now ahahah i think they may come in pre-set styles and it gives you directions as you grrom it on how to get it to look like that ahahah or maybe you can just go all out idk but a team full of them would be cool ....... but a lot of maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.