• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Yeah, I meant with the 'Meowth sound', not it's whole name. ^^ But thanks, then I have pronounced it right. Neat.

Frisky

I realized something after looking at Meowstic's name.

Meowstic = Mystic

<.<

Underachiever007

I think people hate Quilladin because it is ''fat''. That is lame. Also I don't see how you can call Braixen disgusting...

Eh, people have a tendency to over-react when it comes to starters. You know, viciously attack starters they don't like and furiously defend the ones they love. Hell, I've been guilty of that too. Personally, I've never disliked a single Pokemon for being a biped or a quadruped, and too feminine or too masculine. That kind of thought process is so alien to my own that when people rant about that stuff all I can do is scratch my head and go "okay, whatever floats your boat, I guess".

Regality

Digital King
I was thinking.. In gen 5 Hydreigon was the only pseudolegend with no x4 weaknesses. Now it's x4 weak to Fairy. So all pseudo legends have their x4. Do you think that when they create hydreigon they already knew about Fairy type?

Metagross..?

The Flash

I like shorts!
I've been coming and going, looking at the updates.

The Fossils are incredible I think. They're new types, and they have good designs as well.

The second evolutions I have mixed feelings about. Chespin's second looks like it went to college and gained the Freshman 15. Fennekin I'm on the fence about. Froakie is still my favorite, and I even think his second evolution is great too. If I do get the games, I'm definitely going to get Froakie.

Mewtwo X is cooler than Mewtwo Y.

Everything has been pleasant for the most part so far. I'm just hoping they aren't giving us all the "good" stuff now and then as we get more stuff it trails off and we end up with an average generation.

NightFire7

I hope we get a lot more ghosts in this gen, ghosts are awesome with the new boosts they have gotten in this gen. I have been hearing people on youtube saying that this gen is Gengar's time to really shine in competitive battles but I hope we get ghost in this gen that is just as fast and powerful.

Gampi

ガンピ
I have been hearing people on youtube saying that this gen is Gengar's time to really shine in competitive battles.
What about Klinklang? Shift Gear + Gear Grind = OHKOes most Fairy types.

I wouldn't mind more Ghosts though, or Poison Pokémon, since most of the Poison types that exist right now are ugly.

0danmaster0

Of all time? lol why? I'm assuming you were a Chespin fan and got disapointed with the evo and thats where the hate comes from?
quilladin thinks he's a hedgehog but he clearly isn't. quilladin thinks he's a knight but he clearly isn't. they decided "hey, since chespin's name comes from chestnut+pin, lets make the evolution an actual chestnut". It's just terrible imo.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Just saw the new Pokemon. The middle evolutions look all right, but I think that frogadier is easily the best looking. Pyroar is not as good as I thought it would be, and its design looks sloppy and childish. The new fossil Pokemon are probably the best I've ever seen, and that's without even seeing their evolutions.

NightFire7

I think its really lame that people are saying crap like ''I hate that pokemon, its the worse pokemon of all time'' Blah Blah Blah. Seriously what happens if we get into the next gen and you see a pokemon design you hate even worse? Are you going to then call that thing ''The worse pokemon ever created?'' My god people can be way too harsh sometimes, you may not like it now but several months later and even when you get to play the game you may grow to like the pokemon you ''hate'' so much. At least give it chance.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I assume a MegaCastform could work if its stats were greatly increased, specifically in Sp. Atk. But the chances of a MegaCastform are slim, and I just can't see it happening.

Yeah, I doubt it too, but it would be quite nice, as if its stats did back it up, it would be an interesting Pokemon to use and would be able to exploit any weather condition.

Perhaps if there was a MegaCastform, you could visit an NPC in a house, or visit a certain landmark or point of interest on the Kalos Map, and you could change Castform's Ability between Sand Stream, Drizzle, Drought and Snow Warning, and cancel its previous ability so it doesn't need the ability previously to transform, it just transforms automatically instead.

Kingudora

My favourite
Probably the same as Iron Fist. 20%, I think?
I actually hope that they change it so Iron Fist boosts by at least 30% instead.

But yes, having the boost by Strong Jaw the same as Iron Fist is how it should be.

Yeah, I doubt it too, but it would be quite nice, as if its stats did back it up, it would be an interesting Pokemon to use and would be able to exploit any weather condition.

Perhaps if there was a MegaCastform, you could visit an NPC in a house, or visit a certain landmark or point of interest on the Kalos Map, and you could change Castform's Ability between Sand Stream, Drizzle, Drought and Snow Warning, and cancel its previous ability so it doesn't need the ability previously to transform, it just transforms automatically instead.
How about Castform being permanently in its respective weather form for each ability? No transforming needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.