• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
3925-e11479eceb6c114981b14feec0534759.jpg

Just noticed the semi-hexagonal design along Aurorus's neck and oblique section. Now I'm loving this Fossil over Tyrantrum. It's the third Ice pokemon I absoluetly love after Mamoswine and Kyurem.

chuy409

Oh god no, a pokemon that i believe will have 130+ attack stat. Its pretty obvious that it will be strong by just looking at him. Dragon type just adds to it.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
Just noticed the semi-hexagonal design along Aurorus's neck and oblique section. Now I'm loving this Fossil over Tyrantrum. It's the third Ice pokemon I absoluetly love after Mamoswine and Kyurem.
It's a shame it will have a 4x weakness against Steel and Fighting moves, especially considering Steel will be more prominent, and Fighting is everywhere. It looks slow, to boot.

toxictwinkie

"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles"

Guys, I reckon that quote is really vague. It could just mean that the pokemon data is programmed into the game but not catchable, if that makes sense. 700 pokemon seems waaaayyy too much, as that many pokemon will overshadow the new Kalos Region Pokemon. it will take away their spotlight.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Keen observation. Tyrantrum is alternatively defined by pentagonal scales and triangular points
tyrantrum.png

which make me think he is a physically defensive and offensive beast, whereas Aurorus is more specially-inclined.
e: I would also like to include that one is therefore geometrically even, whilst the other is geometrically odd. Aurorus: hexagons and rhombuses. Tyrantrum: triangles and pentagons.

Last edited:

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles"

Guys, I reckon that quote is really vague. It could just mean that the pokemon data is programmed into the game but not catchable, if that makes sense. 700 pokemon seems waaaayyy too much, as that many pokemon will overshadow the new Kalos Region Pokemon. it will take away their spotlight.

Doubt it. They would have to have all Pokemon programmed into the game anyway what would happen if I sent my Tentacool over and the game didn't have data for it? Plus they're not really vague about it they clearly state it in fact.

toxictwinkie

Doubt it. They would have to have all Pokemon programmed into the game anyway what would happen if I sent my Tentacool over and the game didn't have data for it? Plus they're not really vague about it they clearly state it in fact.

You seemed to misunderstand. Yes you can send over your Tentacool and it would accept it as the data is programmed but it doesn't mean that it is actually catchable in the Kalos region. Past games were like that too, you could have all the pokemon available in pokemon b/w b/w 2 but its a matter if they are catchable or have to trade them over. Otherwise the pokemon bank would be redundant if you could catch all the previous gen pokemon in X/Y from the start.

Last edited:

cmats4020

You seemed to misunderstand. Yes you can send over your Tentacool and it would accept it as the data is programmed but it doesn't mean that it is actually catchable in the Kalos region. (Maybe untill after the Elite 4 or getting the National Dex) Otherwise the pokemon bank would be redundant if you could catch all the previous gen pokemon in X/Y from the start.

Well, I see it as some older Pokemon will be catchable before E4; similar to Black/White 2. I don't think a lot of us were considering that all were available from the start if I'm not mistaken.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
You seemed to misunderstand. Yes you can send over your Tentacool and it would accept it as the data is programmed but it doesn't mean that it is actually catchable in the Kalos region. (Maybe untill after the Elite 4 or getting the National Dex) Otherwise the pokemon bank would be redundant if you could catch all the previous gen pokemon in X/Y from the start.

But that's what their pretty much staying and it's pretty clear. "X and Y will include All Pokemon from previous games" I mean it's obvious not all will be Pre-E4.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
you guys do know that Game Freak, believe it or not, does talk about aspects of the game beyond the main story

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Guys, guys, guys. Calm down. In the interview, he said he wanted to give you that feeling that you won't run into the same Pokemon every single time, and give you a variety for routes. With the many alternative ways you can find Pokemon now with shaking spots, dark grass, flowers, water routes, caves, safari zone, and what not. Its entirely possible. The Kalos Pokemon will not be over shadowed.

Its obvious their intentions are to cater too all the Pokemon fans, new and old. If anything, its wonderful they realized their mistakes from Gen V. Older fans that don't enjoy the newer Pokemon can play with their old favorites, and people that want to play with the new Pokemon can. They aren't forcing you to catch them, they're giving you the option.

This is great for Gym rosters, Elite Four rosters, and trainer rosters as well. The variety in this game would feel so real and natural. This also means the huge possiblity that we're in for a pretty big region side, as well as a good variety of routes and scenery.

Its not as daunting as you think its going to be.

no it wasn't it was a fast and powerful hunter

I hope they keep the gender differences as Female were larger than males

Uhh no, no it wasn't

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Leonn

*facepalm* Let's all just agree that considering we don't have a time machine, we'll never know what did what for sure.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france said:
Besides the starter Pokémon, I got to see (and catch) a few of the game’s new creatures. Besides old favorites Panpour and Zigzagoon, I was introduced to Bunnelby (a Normal-type rabbit Pokémon), Fletchling (your typical early-game Flying bird pokemon), and a buck-toothed insect called Scatterbug.

Given how Kemps was playing through the beginning of the game, it seems as though Bunnelby is our so-called regional rodent.

It also appears from the interview that GameFreak wasn't really considering masculinity vs. femininity for the game's thematic differences.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
@Yusuf, go here
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon/new/

Official art of the evolution of fossil pokemon revealed yesterday. They are real.

This official website is the only website that is working now. Try to go to the International websites and you will get a white page (push the button "F5" or update the page)

Last edited:

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
You seemed to misunderstand. Yes you can send over your Tentacool and it would accept it as the data is programmed but it doesn't mean that it is actually catchable in the Kalos region. Past games were like that too, you could have all the pokemon available in pokemon b/w b/w 2 but its a matter if they are catchable or have to trade them over. Otherwise the pokemon bank would be redundant if you could catch all the previous gen pokemon in X/Y from the start.

This game was in development for 7 years PLUS the dex itself is split into three regional dexes. I'm not ready to doubt GF has the capabilities to make every single pokemon obtainable in-game.

And the pokemon bank wouldn't really be redundant since you are still bringing over your pokemon you already caught and trained and grew attached too.

Status
Not open for further replies.