• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I don't know it this has been discussed already but anyway...
So I've been reading recent interviews of Junichi Masuda and he said this:

"One thing that we’re doing in Pokemon X and Y that we haven’t done before is adding a lot of flowers to the game. So if you look at the tall grass and whatnot, there’s a lot of differently colored flowers, and we actually tied this into the gameplay. Not just to make the visuals gorgeous...depending on the color of the flower the kinds of Pokemon that will appear in that area will be different."

This sure is an interesting mechanic. I guess this is another method they thought in order to pack routes with great varieties of Pokemon.

Wonder if that they will put out Pokemon in the wild in the games that was never wild before, like starters, with them being rare and some do not have the money for the Poke bank.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wonder if that they will put out Pokemon in the wild in the games that was never wild before, like starters, with them being rare and some do not have the money for the Poke bank.

Masuda said that they will not make starters appear in the wild.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I doubt a 4x Fairy weakness would be that big a deal. Look how many Dragons have 4X Ice.

You can't say that like it's nothing though, Dragonite makes up for its 4x weakness with Multiscale and being an effective D-Dancer. Same for Salamance who makes up for its weakness by having Moxie and decent speed. Other Pokemon with 4x weaknesses may not be so lucky.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
so flowers depend on what pokemon appear.....nice.so that means all 649 will be in x any y.of course i can be horribly wrong.

and i thought palkia can to sincehis dex entries also mention it can travel through dimensions but idk.

pokeaussie37

Bit late to the party about the fossil evolutions, but I am very pleased. I think they are suitably large and designed very well!

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Masuda said that they will not make starters appear in the wild.

Now that is a shame. I have to look for another way to get a Cyndaquil with an Everstone.

golduck#1

I am a bit late to the fossil party too. Can someone tell me why is Tryantrum part dragon? It's dinsosaur so I suppose the reptile thing could lead to a dragon but it just seems completely stupid to me as it still isn't really a dragon. I don't want to be one of these people because I know there is no possible way for it to change but if Tyrantrum is dragon it seems beyond stupid to have Charizard not part dragon as well. Apart from the typing (which isn't bad it just seems like they tried to make this pokemon so cool) I love the fossils and will probably use both on X and Y. Don't understand why people don't like the other fossil simply because it has a few extra weakness's. Rock/Ice is a very unique typing combo so I'm really looking forward to it, and plus unlike the other people on here, I probably wont keep it in to the Pokemon that will destroy it so his weakness's are non existent, maybe some of yous should try it instead of wanting every Pokemon to have 0 weakness and 18 super effectivesness.

Magixx

"It has also been confirmed that the game will not receive any post-release patches to alter the components of the game for rebalance."

Can someone please tell me what this means? My understanding of it is that, they will release the game with possible glitches minor or major(I sure hope not and i believe they won't) and they won't release any "patches" to fix it which I know won't be possible anyway even if they wanted to patch since it's not an online game or anything unless i'm missing something (not really knowledgeable about the 3ds much) So can someone please explain?

NadeShiko9

Fluffeh!!!
My guess (or rather, my hope) is 100+, excluding mega evolutions. Every previous generation has introduced over 100 new Pokémon, so I'd say it's a relatively safe baseline to guess by.

There will be Pokémon from older generations in XY.

I heard that there may be 150 new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I am a bit late to the fossil party too. Can someone tell me why is Tryantrum part dragon? It's dinsosaur so I suppose the reptile thing could lead to a dragon but it just seems completely stupid to me as it still isn't really a dragon. I don't want to be one of these people because I know there is no possible way for it to change but if Tyrantrum is dragon it seems beyond stupid to have Charizard not part dragon as well. Apart from the typing (which isn't bad it just seems like they tried to make this pokemon so cool) I love the fossils and will probably use both on X and Y. Don't understand why people don't like the other fossil simply because it has a few extra weakness's. Rock/Ice is a very unique typing combo so I'm really looking forward to it, and plus unlike the other people on here, I probably wont keep it in to the Pokemon that will destroy it so his weakness's are non existent, maybe some of yous should try it instead of wanting every Pokemon to have 0 weakness and 18 super effectivesness.

That's entirely questionable. Tyrantrum could have been given it's Dragon-typing possibly because GF is attempting at more Dragon-type distribution seeing as it has an entirely new weakness to go up against. The Dragon-typing for Tyrantrum could also reflect upon it's inspired background of being a T-Rex, supposedly the most dangerous predator thousands of years ago. I don't blame you; The meaning behind the Dragon-typing is throughouly ambigous. As with Flygon. And Altaria.

I'm pretty sure no one truly hates Aurorus. It's just that Tyrantrum is getting much more attention, mainly for it's design and typing.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

It's Dragon. Get over it. Tyrunt was Rock/Dragon...and it's such a cool typing, why is part of the reason why I'm using Tyrantrum. I think part of the reason why people don't like Aurorsus, at least for me, is how weird the sails look on the 3D model. Besides it's more people liking Aurorsus than Tyrantrum in actuality.

They said there will be 150 new Pokemon

Proof?

golduck#1

That's entirely questionable. Tyrantrum could have been given it's Dragon-typing possibly because GF is attempting at more Dragon-type distribution seeing as it has an entirely new weakness to go up against. The Dragon-typing for Tyrantrum could also reflect upon it's inspired background of being a T-Rex, supposedly the most dangerous predator thousands of years ago. I don't blame you; The meaning behind the Dragon-typing is throughouly ambigous. As with Flygon. And Altaria.

I'm pretty sure no one truly hates Aurorus. It's just that Tyrantrum is getting much more attention, mainly for it's design and typing.

That's what I was kind of thinking but like Flygon and Altaria I don't really mind, just seems really weird!

I hope no one hates Aurorus! It is also looking to be different and unique and I like it. Gen 6 is just the best thing invented since sliced bread.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
so flowers depend on what pokemon appear.....nice.so that means all 649 will be in x any y.of course i can be horribly wrong.

and i thought palkia can to sincehis dex entries also mention it can travel through dimensions but idk.

Ah, you're right. It says exactly that in the HGSS Pokédex. I suppose I only thought of Giratina because that's its main gimmick. Although technically, considering that time is a dimension of sorts, even Dialga can cross dimensions.

Some dinosaur Pokémon, such as the Axew line and the Spacetime trio, are classified as Dragon-types. It's a fairly common trope.

Charizard, though, is an elemental salamander. And more importantly, it is a starter. Making it a Dragon-type would have made it far too overpowered.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
"It has also been confirmed that the game will not receive any post-release patches to alter the components of the game for rebalance."

Can someone please tell me what this means? My understanding of it is that, they will release the game with possible glitches minor or major(I sure hope not and i believe they won't) and they won't release any "patches" to fix it which I know won't be possible anyway even if they wanted to patch since it's not an online game or anything unless i'm missing something (not really knowledgeable about the 3ds much) So can someone please explain?

It means that theynwon't make patches to change the power, PP, or Accuracy of Moves, or change stats and Types of Pokémon.

They said there will be 150 new Pokemon

Noting of the sort has ever been said by official sources.

golduck#1

It's Dragon. Get over it. Tyrunt was Rock/Dragon...and it's such a cool typing, why is part of the reason why I'm using Tyrantrum. I think part of the reason why people don't like Aurorsus, at least for me, is how weird the sails look on the 3D model. Besides it's more people liking Aurorsus than Tyrantrum in actuality.

Get over it? Oh wow. If I can't ask questions then I may as well not post again.. I never said his typing isn't cool, I just said doesn't really make sense. Regardless it's actually like a 70-30 favor of Tyrantrum clearly. Everybody is frothing it (and rightfully so) so don't tell me it's the other way around.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

It means that they won't do things like edit the type chart after the game is completed or change the way a move functions.

I'm thinking it's a little of both. Honestly, dinosaurs aren't that far from dragons, so it's not that much of a stretch. Also, I think with Fairy to keep Dragon in check, they can make Dragon less rare and more balanced, so we can see several Dragon type families of varying strengths.

Charizard, though, is an elemental salamander. And more importantly, it is a starter. Making it a Dragon-type would have made it far too overpowered.

Salamander is also relatively close to a dragon. Also, who cares? Dragon isn't OP anymore, and you're probably not going to be fighting one in the main game.

Last edited:

golduck#1

Some dinosaur Pokémon, such as the Axew line and the Spacetime trio, are classified as Dragon-types. It's a fairly common trope.

I never thought of the Axew line as dinosaurs, although I guess it makes some sense. Yeah I know that about Charizard, and I totally agree with that part but mega Charizard could of surely been part the dragon line!

I totes love Tyrunt's evolved form. It looks so epic and I think I'll use it on my team. Now I just gotta decide what water type to get. I'm leaning toward Clauncher but I might choose Froakie as my starter Pokemon and use him instead. I'm undecided at the moment but I'm glad that the new fossil Pokemon rock.

Crimson_Blazer

I never thought of the Axew line as dinosaurs, although I guess it makes some sense. Yeah I know that about Charizard, and I totally agree with that part but mega Charizard could of surely been part the dragon line!

Make mega charizard part dragon and what Do you get rid of? Fire or flying? Get rid of flying and give it levitate? Get rid of fire and defeat the whole purpose of it being a fire type starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.