• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny phoenix

if they ever do another Eeveelution, it could end being one of 3 possible types to go along with Sylveon: Dragom, Posion and Steel.

Dragon: Draceon/Drakeon
Posion: Scorpeon/Toxiceon/Poiseon
Steel: Metaleon/Bladeon/Sharpeon/Mirreon (I would say Steel one would be a bit hard to name it.)

how about magneon??

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
An immunity to ghost and some other possible STAB moves. That's it? Normal isn't even a good type with many good offensive moves IMO.

Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Body Slam, Explosion, ExtremeSpeed, Facade, Head Charge, and Rock Climb are all great moves and all normal type. So I think normal is a good type to have. Not to mention both of those typings are new typings we haven't had before.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The link is just a few people getting carried away though, it's like saying Slakoth and Whismur are counterparts just coz they're the same type and both 3 stage lines.

GF do like their patterns but some of the Pokemon fandom love them even more and assume everything is a pattern (just look at people saying there has to be another eeveelution this gen). Then when it doesn't happen people throw around ''TrollFreak'' just because they got their hopes up and ran away with an idea (See Litleo is a Manticore theory)

Yeah, the manticore thing was the most ridiculous thing ever.. They apparently forgot how a 'flame' is represented in Japanese culture.. -.-

Odd is why they even have the normal typing.
Anyway, another eeveelution is getting less and less probable, since by now you can get all known eeveelutions as the Pokemon Centre gift and there is nothing other but Pikachu. Even though I want a Dragon eevee so bad I am almost 100 % sure there won't be this time

I disagree. Starting October 12th you can get all known Eeveelutions as the Pokemon Center Birthday gifts. MEANING, they can still add an additional one to that set if they wanted to. They really can.

I really hope not. I think it was so stupid of Game Freak to make a fire/normal and an electric/normal pokemon. Why? Because you have given two pokemon with good types a really unneeded weakness to Fighting.

Both pokemon already had a major EQ weakness.. Fire also has a SR-weakness, so Pyroar was never going to enter OU anyway, unless with certain extra abilities or crazy awesome stats. Sadly, rivalry and unnerve aren't the greatest abilities that would've made it jump that tier.

An immunity to ghost and some other possible STAB moves. That's it? Normal isn't even a good type with many good offensive moves IMO.

The Normal-type also affords most pokemon a broader moveset, especially through TM's. Just a thing to think about..

Arguably no, but I still think Oorotto should take precedence, if it's not Oorotto why not wait until the 2nd of October or something.

However we don't know how many new Pokemon are in the games, or whether or not I'll be able to run into these brand new Pokemon never before seen.

"An evolved pokemon we have not seen before", we've seen Oorotto in various media. It has been seen. I honestly think that it just doesn't count at this point.

thetamale

There was one with Tauros and a Miltank, I believe.

Yes both of which are unevolved, like Axew, Zubat, Houndour and Sudowoodo (babies don't count). With that pattern in mind our favourite tree may not be an evolved Pokemon.

I don't want this new Pokemon to be an Eeveelution if it is a regular evolution to a pre-gen 6 Pokemon. I know Mewtwo's X form makes things difficult to predict but I'd rather know cross-gen evolutions are still alive outside of Eevee.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
inb4 the new Pokémon is an 800 BST Psychic/Fairy Giga Mewtwo

Arguably no, but I still think Oorotto should take precedence, if it's not Oorotto why not wait until the 2nd of October or something.

However we don't know how many new Pokemon are in the games, or whether or not I'll be able to run into these brand new Pokemon never before seen.

They may just be waiting for the dubbed Genesect movie to show Orotto first before they officially reveal it.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

"An evolved pokemon we have not seen before", we've seen Oorotto in various media. It has been seen. I honestly think that it just doesn't count at this point.

If TPCI actually bothered to count Oorotto into that we would have it's English name.

Besides isn't that how they refer to the event legendaries.

They may just be waiting for the dubbed Genesect movie to show Orotto first before they officially reveal it.

I've already mentioned this, although I don't what people responded with.

Oorotto wasn't in the Genesect movie, it was it an ingame trailer that aired along with the movie.

And even then I'm pretty sure CartoonNetwork isn't allowed to air game trailers along with the movie. Otherwise the FCC wouldn't have fined KidsWB a hefty fee for accidentally showing a Pokemon commercial when Pokemon was on.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
chances are it's not Oorotto, if only because I doubt they'd specifically introduce it as an evolved Pokemon without showing what it evolves from

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

Problem with that is the Dubbed Movie isn't on til I believe the 19th.. 7 days after we all start the game and see Orotto in game. I don't know about you but I will be at Post-Game or on my second runthrough by then.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Problem with that is the Dubbed Movie isn't on til I believe the 19th.. 7 days after we all start the game and see Orotto in game. I don't know about you but I will be at Post-Game or on my second runthrough by then.

Really? I thought it'd be out sooner than that.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Really? I thought it'd be out sooner than that.

Nope. In the United states the Dubbed movie is October 19th on Cartoon Network with a preview of XY Anime series following. I believe it will be the same (or close to that) for other dubbed countries as well (free free to correct me on that).

Well from the look of it I guess our choices are:
Helioptile evo
Flabébé evo
Bunnelby evo
Meowstic evo (still a bit uncertain if it the basic or first stage)
Cross-gen evo.

I seriously don't think they will show any of the starter final evos alone, neither any version exclusive evo alone. I also doubt that they will reveal a evo without the basic stage.

thetamale

I seriously don't think they will show any of the starter final evos alone, neither any version exclusive evo alone. I also doubt that they will reveal a evo without the basic stage.

Vivillon was revealed first. We don't know if Noivern or Mewostic are basic.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I have a feeling it will be Helioptile..

People seem to think it maybe an Eeveelution.. I'll be really pleased if this happens though, I've been hoping for a Sylveon counter-partner.

Vivillon was revealed first. We don't know if Noivern or Mewostic are basic.

Yes, Vivillon was shown first, however they didn't make a number out of it being an evo, nor did they mention it at all. It just seems strange to focus on it being an evolved form without actually showing the prevo.

I seriously doubt Noivern is a basic pokémon. It can be a 1 stage evo, and gain a 2nd stage evo though.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I have a feeling it will be Helioptile..

People seem to think it maybe an Eeveelution.. I'll be really pleased if this happens though, I've been hoping for a Sylveon counter-partner.

I'm leaning more towards an Eeveelution too. Would be a great way to further hype X & Y if it was.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So.. What time is that pokemon special, how long will it be, and is it worth watching?

it's a string of text and likely an image on Pokemon's Facebook account, at an unspecified time on the 25th

whether or not that's too long for you is a decision you'll have to make for yourself

I'm seriously hoping for the Evo. to be Helioptile's, he's been forgotton, and he looks like he has some good potential to be a total badass!

Status
Not open for further replies.