• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I was completely disconnected with realiety I'd say it would be a actual evolution of Mew. Just because it make a good comparision to mewtwo, mew evolves naturally while mewtwo evolves artificially. But yeah it will never happen.

It would be a Longshot and highly doubtful, not that the fanbase would want it anyway...

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Am I the only one who wouldn't be sad at all if we never got another "proper" coss-gen evolution again? (With one or two exceptions perhaps, like Sylveon this gen.)
I'd be just fine with nothing but Megas and brand new pokemon from here on out.

I mean, new evos to old pokemon have been cool to get in the past but now that we are all the way up gen 6 I just don't care anymore. New pokemon is really all I want and Megas work
very well to give old pokes an update.

I realize I might be in the minority here but that's really how I feel. I guess people are just clamouring for new evos again since we didn't have any in 5th gen.

Rsr57

I´m not sure if gamefreak is going to give us an evolution of one version exclusive without revealing the other game´s counterpart.

I´m going to go with the obvious guess and my bet is helioptile's:

1. Not a version exclusive (as far as we know).

2. Does not seem to be a "final form".

3. It was one of the first Kalos Pokemon to be revealed so it is time to show its evo.

Others candidates for me are Bunnelby(doesn´t seem that improtant to hype the game), Noivern or a steel/poison Eevee (to "counter" Sylveon).

Well if I was completely disconnected with realiety I'd say it would be a actual evolution of Mew. Just because it make a good comparision to mewtwo, mew evolves naturally while mewtwo evolves artificially. But yeah it will never happen.

Very interesting, but i it would be pretty unpopular.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
My guesses are another evolution for Eevee, or Helioptile's evolution. Or they could do a countdown thing for the starters final stages, since we only have like three weeks until release, but that's doubtful.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
I´m not sure if gamefreak is going to give us an evolution of one version exclusive without revealing the other game´s counterpart.

I´m going to go with the obvious guess and i bet it is helioptile's:

1. not a version exclusive (as far as we know).

2. Does not seem to be a "final form".

3. It was one of the first Kalos Pokemon to be revealed so it is time to show its evo.

Others candidates for me are Bunnelaby(doesn´t seem that improtant to hype the game), Noivern or a steel/poison Eevee (to "counter" Sylveon)

Personally I think it's too many damn Eeveelutions but I'd be fine with a steel one or Poison one to counter Sylveon(if they decide to do that)

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Personally I think it's too many damn Eeveelutions but I'd be fine with a steel one or Poison one to counter Sylveon(if they decide to do that)

I don't think there. It would make sense to have 1 of each type (even normal). It is kind of whole idea of Eevee and it would be werid if after Slyeon they stopped because there is too many.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Completely abolishing cross-generation evolutions bar Sylveon would be idiotic (I mean from now on). I mean, that's it then? Just new Pokémon? All the older ones would be forgotten. Other than 'Mega Evolutions'.

I still think either they've just not revealed any bar Sylveon due to everything else or they will have some in a future game in the generation.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
I don't think there. It would make sense to have 1 of each type (even normal). It is kind of whole idea of Eevee and it would be werid if after Slyeon they stopped because there is too many.

Well thinking of that now it wouldn't make sense to stop at Sylveon so I guess somewhere down the line we will have one of each type although I'm un-sure if they'd do a normal type.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
You are definitely the minority in this case, lol.

Yup, seems like it, doesn't it :p
Funny too, after 4th gen everyone was absolutely fed up with cross-gen evos.

Completely abolishing cross-generation evolutions bar Sylveon would be idiotic (I mean from now on). I mean, that's it then? Just new Pokémon? All the older ones would be forgotten. Other than 'Mega Evolutions'.

I still think either they've just not revealed any bar Sylveon due to everything else or they will have some in a future game in the generation.
Eh, how so? They could still be in the regional dex and if this was your first pokemon game they'd seem just as interesting as the newer 'mons I'd bet. And if you're a long time fan you'd like them for nostalgia reasons.
Upgrades can be achived through new moves and abilities; look at fifth gen and DW abilities.

Most of all though, I don't think there's anything lost when you replace cross-gen evos with Mega forms, but that another thing many seem to disagree with...

Last edited:

Griever789

Very interesting, but i it would be pretty unpopular.

Meh no reason not to do it, I bet before X and Y if you were to suggest mega evolution people would say it's a stupid idea.

But yeah I want a poison type evolution if only because I want to see what that would look like.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Others candidates for me are Bunnelby(doesn´t seem that improtant to hype the game), Noivern or a steel/poison Eevee (to "counter" Sylveon).

Design-wise, Noivern seems to be a Non-evolved pokemon or an evolved pokemon, the possible pre-evo which is obviously not released yet. And by now I'd think a counterpart to Sylveon would be too late. Who knows? They may release another in the near future, but I'm about as tired as everyone else with these Eeveelutions by now.

Don't underestimate Bunnelby. I think he could make for a great Ground/Fighting type.

Am I the only one who wouldn't be sad at all if we never got another "proper" coss-gen evolution again? (With one or two exceptions perhaps, like Sylveon this gen.)

I mean, new evos to old pokemon have been cool to get in the past but now that we are all the way up gen 6 I just don't care anymore. New pokemon is really all I want and Megas work

I realize I might be in the minority here but that's really how I feel. I guess people are just clamouring for new evos again since we didn't have any in 5th gen.

I'm fine either or, but I'm pretty sure with all of the new MegaEvolution hype that something seemingly as small as an additional (and permanent) evolution to a 'mon is impossible by now.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
At least we wouldn't get any more massive Gen 1 references.
But I do want more cross-gen evolution lines.

Sponge

My guess is the reveal will be Helioptiles evolved form. Failing that maybe an evolved form of flabebe. One of the two.

I doubt it'll be the evolved form of any of the version exclusives since they're a pair.

All we know is that it's an evolved pokemon though...there's a chance it could be an evolution of an old pokemon.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

I agree with you. I don't have any particular desire to see more evolutions for older Pokémon, and am content with them relying on mega evolutions in order to keep older Pokémon relevant.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Evo of Fletchling/Talonflame please. I'm getting kind of irritated of the argument.

Am I the only one who misses the great Sylveon wars? The dex thread grew like 100 pages anybody said the Sylv-word.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Do you guys think IGN will pull off another reveal the day after pokemon reveals this new pokemon we're suppose to get on their fb page?

Wyrmeon

Cool Trainer
One thing that Gamefreak BETTER not do is show the new Pokemon and put orotto in the trailer but don't show it's English name, not that it matters to me because of where I live.....

Status
Not open for further replies.