• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Do you guys think IGN will pull off another reveal the day after pokemon reveals this new pokemon we're suppose to get on their fb page?

I suspect it will only be this Pokemon unless, like, it's a counterpoint to something (like Tyrantrum)

Klay

Titan Tamer
Same, but I hope for a gross-gen evo, because it would come with some major implications, i.e. more evolutions of past mons.

Golems can be made from any matter.

Yes.... A Golem evolution Rock/Fairy. He's now a Meteor from space/moon gg!!
We need more pokemon from space!

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
As long as it isn't spoilers for Braixen's evo :p

I'm mixed. I love new Pokes and all, but I'd like suprises... Hm...

i rather wait to get braxiens evo from playing the game :p being a fire fan and a Charizard fan (although being spoiled from his mega evo was the best thing EVER)

Rsr57

Design-wise, Noivern seems to be a Non-evolved pokemon or an evolved pokemon, the possible pre-evo which is obviously not released yet. And by now I'd think a counterpart to Sylveon would be too late. Who knows? They may release another in the near future, but I'm about as tired as everyone else with these Eeveelutions by now.

Don't underestimate Bunnelby. I think he could make for a great Ground/Fighting type.

I'm fine either or, but I'm pretty sure with all of the new MegaEvolution hype that something seemingly as small as an additional (and permanent) evolution to a 'mon is impossible by now.

In fact i like Bunnelby. But i have that "initial regional rodent vibe" with it, which usually are not that popular. For merchandising, they would want to show a more "charismatic" pokemon that could appeal more people.

And i don't know how to feel about Noivern. As you say, it could get a pre-evo or an evolution.

applemania

if they ever do another Eeveelution, it could end being one of 3 possible types to go along with Sylveon: Dragom, Posion and Steel.

Dragon: Draceon/Drakeon
Posion: Scorpeon/Toxiceon/Poiseon
Steel: Metaleon/Bladeon/Sharpeon/Mirreon (I would say Steel one would be a bit hard to name it.)

Could always be Fighting (though I think that will be saved for last along with Ghost and Normal).

Hope it's Dragon, but I that the name is more creative than Drakeon.

I'd like Poison/Steel to be paired up later (Mercureon and Titaneon as names that are based on periodic elements)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
In fact i like Bunnelby. But i have that "initial regional rodent vibe" with it, which usually are not that popular. For merchandising, they would want to show a more "charismatic" pokemon that could appeal more people.

Well, you've got me there. Good point though, the entire time since Bunnelby was released, it's Dex-entry made me spoiled with hype by the possibility that it could be either a Ground or Fighting type. At the least GF could've given Bunnelby an evo with either Normal/Ground or Normal/Fighting. Or maybe it'll just be another pokemon with wasted potential, if I daresay so.

thetamale

I agree with you. I don't have any particular desire to see more evolutions for older Pokémon, and am content with them relying on mega evolutions in order to keep older Pokémon relevant.

I feel the opposite way to you, I don't like the concept of mega forms at all.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Evo of Fletchling/Talonflame please. I'm getting kind of irritated of the argument.

Am I the only one who misses the great Sylveon wars? The dex thread grew like 100 pages anybody said the Sylv-word.

Every time I see a kite now I think of Sylveon and the claims that its ribbons were based on streamers. Oh, those were the days. Can't believe 9 months really went by so quick. It feels like just yesterday we got that Nintendo Direct, but at the same time it feels like I've been waiting years for Oct. 12th.

ysmr97

Am I the only one who wouldn't be sad at all if we never got another "proper" coss-gen evolution again? (With one or two exceptions perhaps, like Sylveon this gen.)
I'd be just fine with nothing but Megas and brand new pokemon from here on out.

I mean, new evos to old pokemon have been cool to get in the past but now that we are all the way up gen 6 I just don't care anymore. New pokemon is really all I want and Megas work
very well to give old pokes an update.

I realize I might be in the minority here but that's really how I feel. I guess people are just clamouring for new evos again since we didn't have any in 5th gen.

I totally agree. I feel like they were almost shoved down our throats in Gen 6. One or 2 a Gen's ok with me.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Every time I see a kite now I think of Sylveon and the claims that its ribbons were based on streamers. Oh, those were the days. Can't believe 9 months really went by so quick. It feels like just yesterday we got that Nintendo Direct, but at the same time it feels like I've been waiting years for Oct. 12th.

The Sylveon Wars were awesome, now that I think about it.
And yeah, time has gone by pretty quickly, though I bet these last 19/18 days are going to be a pain.

How about the rumored Espurr?

I'm thinking that Meowstick is the evolved form (that's the general opinion/rumor, right?)

NightFire7

I guess some people want new evos for pokemon that have been forgotten. There are some previous gen pokes that really do need it like Dunsparce, Farfetch'd and Delibird. I guess people would at least like to see some pokes that have pretty much been the butt of jokes especially for competitive players to at least get a new updated form that would allow them to shine. But knowing Gamefreak, there are some pokes that they pretty much intended to suck and probably have no chance of getting an evolution.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
NEW POKÉBEACH RUMOURS!

- Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

- A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

- A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.

- There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.

- Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

- Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

- Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.

- Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

- Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.

- Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

- Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.

- Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style.

- The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

- The opening cinematic is in 3D.

Last edited:

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
NEW POKÉBEACH RUMOURS!

- Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.
- A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.
- A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.
- There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.
- Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.
- Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.
- Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.
- Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.
- Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.
- Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.
- Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style.
- The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

This stuff sounds awesome

R_N

NEW POKÉBEACH RUMOURS!

Right I'm going to put this in big letter

Just because this is from Pokebeach does not mean this is legitimate.

This is not from the same source.
Until any of this matches up, do not assume it's true

NightFire7

Woah those new Pokebeach rumours sound awesome. And if they are right, well then Bunnelby may become the first regional rodent that officially makes it on to my team.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, PokéBeach claims they've been shown 'proof' but it could be very well fake. I should think/hope the upcoming reveal of a new Pokémon will confirm the legitimacy of the rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.