• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
I created that picture, the evolution on the other hand appeared on a german site, we actually don't know who leaked it..
Ah I see, someone said they got that picture from another forum, didn't know it was you :p

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm thinking the one on Pokebeach right now is fake. Bunnelby evolving into a Ground/Dark? What's the point of it being Normal? Couldn't of it started Ground? Or Ground/Normal?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
So apparently this is what that leaker dude said before he was asked to remove all of it.

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.

To get Spewpa to evolve into Vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.

To get Malimar, when Inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.

There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.

Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.

Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: Quillom, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Fletchling, Flabebe, Pikachu.

The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.

Metronome is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called Moon Dance that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.

The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.

When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).

Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.

There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the Shockball.

The next is the Ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.

They are following the pattern of having two Eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.

Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.

Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.

You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".

The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.

Shiny Helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.

The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.

On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.

Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).

You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.

The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!

Just caught an Apparachnid. I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.

yeah all that is in the rumour thread

NightFire7

24 september. I have to say once the games finally gets released, I am definitely not going to miss the trolls who basically waste our time with fake info. Looking over the fake rumours thread, Damn. And we are probably going to get more fake info soon since the game is so close to getting released.

0danmaster0

I'm thinking the one on Pokebeach right now is fake. Bunnelby evolving into a Ground/Dark? What's the point of it being Normal? Couldn't of it started Ground? Or Ground/Normal?

yeah I agree with this. the only times a pokemon changed type completely is eevee (the entire point of it) and azurill (who is likely going to be normal/fairy so it only changes one type like onix, swablu etc)

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
If you go up you can see my views on this and why I dont think its a fake

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I'm quoting myself for once to point out one thing. If they say, " never-before-seen evolved pokemon " that can't be Eevee. Eevee has already evolved 8 times with this generation. This pokemon should be one-stage line or a pokemon that has pre-evolution. Perhaps, Dunsparce or Farfetch'd?

So wait? I am confused? It's only 10.30 in LA, of the 24th :L so it will be what... 14 hours before we are on the 25th for everyone- but we can't all be on the 25th at the same time- so either somewhere is going to be the 26th already or somewhere will still be the 24th... so erm, I dunno :p ? When I wake up in the morning, there should be a new pokemon :)

...To quote the both of you guys at once with a general reply, I'm still holding out on this evolved pokemon being from something we know about already; as WhiteBlair stated. I have the day off tomorrow; so I have all the time in the world to wait on this reveal.

I still believe this mystery poke will be something that'll shake up our little community--possibly a true evolution to something that already has a Mega Evolution. As I've stated, that's big news in itself and, as this is an Even-Numbered Generation (Less Pokemon, More bold mechanics--just like GSC and DPPL), I don't see us getting more than 100 pokemon this time around.

After all, they did state since February that the new total will only be "over 700". If I were a madman, I'd suggest 100 would be new pokemon and an additional 50 would go to Mega-Evolved critters (who'd take up no space on The Dex since they aren't truly evolutions or their own pokemon the same)...but that'd be too good to be true...*sad face*

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
50wc.jpg

"Gallantoad" apparently leaked from a german website.

Probably fake, but damn it looks nice.

this is what the leak said about the last evo;

Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

do you think the image was made to look like the description or does this make the rumour a bit more believable?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

Ground/Dark could be a reference to the fact rabbits burrow underground?

im saying fake though as if you had the games you would have images to back up your claims

NightFire7

It could also be fan art from someone who drew it based on the description given by the pokebeach leaker. However I admit I would not be disappointed if the image turned out to be real.

Razmos

I have this sponge..

Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

do you think the image was made to look like the description or does this make the rumour a bit more believable?
I'd like to think that it makes the rumour more believable, but it showing up the same day as the rumour does kinda suggest that it's just fan art made to look like the description.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
It looks pretty sweet regarldess

Monocross

So apparently this is what that leaker dude said before he was asked to remove all of it.

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.

To get Spewpa to evolve into Vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.

To get Malimar, when Inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.

There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.

Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.

Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: Quillom, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Fletchling, Flabebe, Pikachu.

The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.

Metronome is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called Moon Dance that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.

The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.

When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).

Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.

There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the Shockball.

The next is the Ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.

They are following the pattern of having two Eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.

Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.

Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.

You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".

The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.

Shiny Helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.

The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.

On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.

Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).

You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.

The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!

Just caught an Apparachnid. I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.

This all sounds amazing!! While I'm inclined to be scepticle, it does sounds pretty well within reason, not too "fanwishlisty". I'd like for at least some of it to be true!!

Also, "Gallantoad" looks ok, but I'm not super crazy about it.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
If this is real, then he's definately my favourite water starter, he looks amazing. Though it does make me wonder, wil this be the pokemon to be revealed tomorrow? if so, why froakie's evo and not anythign else? would be strange. Then again, it might not be, or it could be fake, in which case the pokemon to be revealed tomorrow isn't Gallantoad a,d i cnt wait to find out what it is.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

Showing up the same day as someone who described it vaguely the same way? I'm calling a fake alert.
If that leaker was the real deal, why would he let this info slip into this German site's hands after he ripped down his own leaks? Considering this isn't a coincidence and the two timed their stories between each other, to seem more credible.

While that art of what may be Froakie's last evo looks real, it appears to do nothing to bring Masuda's hint on all three final evos being based on RPG classes. Nothing about that guy screams "Rogue/Thief" or "Ninja" to me, but I wouldn't mind if it were real.

Maybe they put a mistake and meant 26th nz/jap time?

It was announced on a North American site though; so I doubt they'd even get this info before we do...
(By the way, I admire your fondness for Alexa--even though I don't care too much for her myself. I formerly had the same adoration for Dawn, here.)

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
If the new pokemon revealed is a 2nd eeveelution, i think it's type will be steel. Another eeveelution would be the perfect pokemon to keep us in our toes with hype. It also would provide lots and lots of posts in the discussion.

Gatedsunone your sig...RingOFLMFAO here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.