• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
My team is in my sig. I'm making two assumptions about Galvantula and Crobat being available, but I can always substitute another Bug type for Galvantula and another Flying type for Crobat. If Togekiss is available and turns out to be Fairy/Flying this time around, I'll trade Sylveon out for it.

Nockturne

It's not concrete yet but I was thinking
Chespin
Squirtle
Dedenne
Tyrunt
Pancham
Meowstic

Some of them will probably change, I mean, I don't have a flyer (So no sky battles :( ) and I'm missing a fire type. Fletchling could solve all my problems but I'm not a fan

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
I see a lot of you not planning on using mega evolved Pokemon and even older generation Pokemon. I am in the same boat. I want to play this new Pokemon game with new Pokemon and experience what this new generation has to offer. Typically I use a Miltank every generation, but my friend convinced me to use all new Pokemon this time.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Since the current topic is what our projected team is, I thought I'd reveal mine. However, please note that I play the games for my own story purposes. For Pokemon X, I will be Water-Type Training, and for Y, I will be Fire Type Training (for now).

X: Blastoise, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Feraligatr (probably post game), Lapras, Politoed (May breed to get Drizzle), Swampert (post), Milotic, Ludicolo, Empoleon (post), Floatzel, Octillery, Samurott (post), Simipour, Kingdra, Starmie, Carracosta, Froakie evo, Clauncher.

Y: Charizard, Arcanine, Flareon, Typhlosion (post), Ninetales (Breed), Magmotar, Blaziken (breed), Camerupt, Torkoal, Infernape (post), Rapidash, Houndoom, Emboar (post), Simisear, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Fennekin evo, Pyroar, Talonflame.

Speaking about the Starters, think we will get something like HG/SS where we get to pick the other Starters after the post game?

I really like monotyping too. You picked some of my fav water and fire Pokémon for your team. To answer your question: I really hope not. I am hoping we get one of the Kanto starters at least by the fifth town.

I am hoping we will be able to catch a fair amount of generation 1-5 Pokémon in the wild pre-Elite Four. But if I have to just pick from Generation 6 I guess I'll pick:

Froakie, Noivern, Skrelp, Aurorus, Meowstic (male), maybe Pangoro and hopefully Charizard/Venusaur. But this is my team only based on the revealed Pokémon. I'm sure it'll change several times before X&Y are released :)

Last edited:

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Until the final evolutions of every pokemon is available, Talo'flame is my only concrete member.

My team is in my sig. I'm making two assumptions about Galvantula and Crobat being available, but I can always substitute another Bug type for Galvantula and another Flying type for Crobat. If Togekiss is available and turns out to be Fairy/Flying this time around, I'll trade Sylveon out for it.
You are quite type conscious! It's good to see another's fondness for Galvantula.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
We get it right away don't we? Like right after we get our Kalos one

I honestly have no idea. I haven't read where/when we get them. I hope we get them fairly early.

EDIT: I can't wait to see all of the new Pokémon in the Kalos region. But I just wish they would tell us which Pokémon won't be available in X&Y so I could use the next couple weeks catching them in the previous games.

Last edited:

Rhonder

I think this very well be the first time I pick up a few extra pokemon up and actually keep up to date with my main team's levels for a rotation sort of thing. Generally when I first play through a generation, I pretty much catch everything I run into, but only use the ones I like (obv) but if my team is full and I find something I want to use I'll usually just replace something and keep going. It works well, but if I could have up to like 12 pokemon to choose from for each route that'd be pretty neat~ So I might try it. I'm glad that we don't know a lot of the gym leader's types so far, because if I had that many pokemon, though i'd try not to counter type, it'd be tempting >w>;;

J.J. Knight

I really like monotyping too. You picked some of my fav water and fire Pokémon for your team. To answer your question: I really hope not. I am hoping we get one of the Kanto starters at least by the fifth town.

I am hoping we will be able to catch a fair amount of generation 1-5 Pokémon in the wild pre-Elite Four. But if I have to just pick from Generation 6 I guess I'll pick:

Froakie, Noivern, Skrelp, Aurorus, Meowstic (male), maybe Pangoro and hopefully Charizard/Venusaur. But this is my team only based on the revealed Pokémon. I'm sure it'll change several times before X&Y are released :)

I've monotyped since Fire Red. I also have a Grass and Electric team.

Klay

Titan Tamer
I think this very well be the first time I pick up a few extra pokemon up and actually keep up to date with my main team's levels for a rotation sort of thing. Generally when I first play through a generation, I pretty much catch everything I run into, but only use the ones I like (obv) but if my team is full and I find something I want to use I'll usually just replace something and keep going. It works well, but if I could have up to like 12 pokemon to choose from for each route that'd be pretty neat~ So I might try it. I'm glad that we don't know a lot of the gym leader's types so far, because if I had that many pokemon, though i'd try not to counter type, it'd be tempting >w>;;

Im like you and for this game i also wanted to have many more pkmn to do the adventure with. I just hope we got something like the VS.seeker to train otherwise itll be hard to train more than6-8 at good lvl.

Arcanineblitz

Im getting both of the games and basing my team on y on beauty and my team on x on power

Y team (so far)
fenniken
Amoura
Spritzee
Litleo(female)

X team (so far)
Chespin
Tyrunt

And i hope the evolution scene this gen are awsome i hated 5th gen evolution animation

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I don't know if its been brought up but apparently Doublade gets sacred sword so if he gets good attack and speed and a strong ghost move this ghost sword might be a dangerous threat especially with that steel nerf removing its resist to ghost... Ghost/Steel w/ fighting coverage could be scary(hopes this guy gets swords dance and a good speed BST)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
You are quite type conscious! It's good to see another's fondness for Galvantula.

Thanks! :) It is my favorite Pokemon after all! :p I was thinking about my team while I was showering, and I realized that if I substitute Togekiss for Sylveon, change Crobat to Venusaur, and change Tyrantrum into a pure Ground type Pokemon, I'll have at least one Pokemon that can do super effective STAB damage on each and every type!

Galvantula - Bug/Electric covers Grass, Water, Psychic, Dark, Flying
Frogadier's evolution - Water/Fighting(assuming WPM's source is right) covers Fire, Ground, Rock, Ice, Dark, Steel, Normal
Venusaur - Grass/Poison covers Ground, Water, Rock, Fairy, Grass
Doublade - Ghost/Steel covers Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Rock, Ice
Togekiss - assuming Fairy/Flying covers Dragon, Fighting, Dark, Grass, Bug
Donphan(for my pure Ground; crossing my fingers it's there!) - Ground covers Rock, Steel, Electric, Fire, Poison, Steel

The sum of the bold strengths equals 18! :D My perfect team has been found! It even has a perfect split between physical and special oriented Pokemon!

Little Fire Cat

I'm getting both games so:
X: Froakie, Charmander, Gibble (or other strong dragon type), Fairy type, Two others with types not currently on team...

Y:Fennekin, Squirtle, Gibble (or other strong dragon type, Fairy type, two others with types not currently on team....

I try to build a diverse team type and move wise... My fairy type may be Sylveon, or it may be another... I need to see the move pool. I usually like my Dragon types to be more than one stage, and Garchomp is a good one. I'm hoping that Furfrou has a diverse move pool and good stats, a good normal type can be very useful on the team *eyes Blissy*. I'm also hoping that Helioptile has a good move pool, that might be my next Galvantula... I really like Galvantula. :D
I have my hopes, but I'm keeping my options open. I use pokemon that are ultamately good for the E4, some may make it on my team for the gym leaders, but the team I train is for the E4.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Thanks! :) It is my favorite Pokemon after all! :p I was thinking about my team while I was showering, and I realized that if I substitute Togekiss for Sylveon, change Crobat to Venusaur, and change Tyrantrum into a pure Ground type Pokemon, I'll have at least one Pokemon that can do super effective STAB damage on each and every type!

Galvantula - Bug/Electric covers Grass, Water, Psychic, Dark, Flying
Frogadier's evolution - Water/Fighting(assuming WPM's source is right) covers Fire, Ground, Rock, Ice, Dark, Steel, Normal
Venusaur - Grass/Poison covers Ground, Water, Rock, Fairy, Grass
Doublade - Ghost/Steel covers Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Rock, Ice
Togekiss - assuming Fairy/Flying covers Dragon, Fighting, Dark, Grass, Bug
Donphan(for my pure Ground; crossing my fingers it's there!) - Ground covers Rock, Steel, Electric, Fire, Poison, Steel

The sum of the bold strengths equals 18! :D My perfect team has been found!

Where did you get the idea that Togekiss will change types? I haven't seen any legitimate source that supports the claim not to mention that the only true type change for a dual type in the series was Rotom's forms. I honestly can't see GF doing that, and don't mention it would loose STAB on moves like body slam, extremespeed, tri-attack ect.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I don't know if its been brought up but apparently Doublade gets sacred sword so if he gets good attack and speed and a strong ghost move this ghost sword might be a dangerous threat especially with that steel nerf removing its resist to ghost... Ghost/Steel w/ fighting coverage could be scary(hopes this guy gets swords dance and a good speed BST)

He certainly could be. I'm expecting a Scizor-esque strategy from this one. Coupling Steel's defenses with Attack and some speed. And if it doesn't learn swords dance I will lose all faith in GF whatsoever.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Where did you get the idea that Togekiss will change types? I haven't seen any legitimate source that supports the claim not to mention that the only true type change for a dual type in the series was Rotom's forms. I honestly can't see GF doing that, and don't mention it would loose STAB on moves like body slam, extremespeed, tri-attack ect.

It's just a hypothetical re-typing. The newest leaker on Pokebeach claimed that the Togepi line would drop Normal altogether and adopt the Fairy type, which makes total sense in my mind. Assuming that was true, I worked out how it would fit into my team. I have no legitimate evidence to support its retconning other than its super adorable appearance that practically begs to be re-typed. Frankly, I would rather have it drop the Normal STAB and take up the Fairy STAB, as Normal has limited utility. The only powerful Normal-type move it could ever learn was Hyper Voice, and that was kind of ho-hum.

These are all assumptions: if Frogadier's evolution turns out to be Water/Fighting, if Togekiss is retconned to Fairy/Flying, and if Galvantula, Togekiss, and Donphan are present in the game, then this will work. Otherwise, it's just conjecture.

He certainly could be. I'm expecting a Scizor-esque strategy from this one. Coupling Steel's defenses with Attack and some speed. And if it doesn't learn swords dance I will lose all faith in GF whatsoever.

Already confirmed to learn Swords Dance.

Anyway I have a feeling the steel type nerf probably came because of this guy, I mean it seems like an oddly specific nerf and with the hype Nintendo gives him he must be good. I mean, gamefreak IS the developer who is trying to fix the issue of overbuffing a certain type by adding a new one that hard counters it.

Galvantulaman

It's just a hypothetical re-typing. The newest leaker on Pokebeach claimed that the Togepi line would drop Normal altogether and adopt the Fairy type, which makes total sense in my mind. Assuming that was true, I worked out how it would fit into my team. I have no legitimate evidence to support its retconning other than its super adorable appearance that practically begs to be re-typed. Frankly, I would rather have it drop the Normal STAB and take up the Fairy STAB, as Normal has limited utility. The only powerful Normal-type move it could ever learn was Hyper Voice, and that was kind of ho-hum.

These are all assumptions: if Frogadier's evolution turns out to be Water/Fighting, if Togekiss is retconned to Fairy/Flying, and if Galvantula, Togekiss, and Donphan are present in the game, then this will work. Otherwise, it's just conjecture.

I also like Galvantula a lot ;) I'm an entomologist and an electric spider is just too awesome for not making it a favourite.
Your team sounds great! But so far i'm only sure of Chespin in my party and maybe Talonflame.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I'll be getting both versions, but Y will be my main game.

Y team goes as follows so far: Braxien | Charizard | Tyrantrum | Skrelp
These are the four that are set in stone. Other two, I would like a grass and an electric type. Or something different.
But I want to see other grass and electric types before deciding on what to use. I do want them to be Gen 6 Pokemon, though.

X team so far: Frogadier | Venusuar | Aurorus | Pyroar
Others will probably be a fairy type and a flying type. Need a flying for Sky Battles.

Can't wait to see more pokemon revealed. Loving all the pokemon so far. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.