• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
By the way, guys, since I'm Greek, I know that Klefki has the word klefti which means thief in it. So... any speculation?

It will be Steel (Steal) type. xD

jonnyc

Has it been mentioned that Mystical Fire is like the Water/Fire/Grass Pledge equivalent of this Generation? I wonder if Water Shuriken is Froakie's special combo move.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
A Keychain Pokemon... wow. Strange.

Klefki. Pretty much the word key in two languages.. French, and English: Clé and Key, dunno where the 'F' came from. Key might be bastardized to nod towards the concept of 'Ki', which may indicate a Psychic-type.

That thing seems like something that would be a Ghost type, IMO.

Or our second Steel-type. I don't want two Steel/Ghost-lines, so this better be or pure Steel, or Steel/Fairy. Or Steel/Psychic (considering the 'Ki'-part.

ebevan91

My god that thing is horrible. It's just a set of keys!

How is this thing 'running out of ideas'. It's way more creative then just a cat or a dragon or something like that. And again, if you take in consideration that maybe it also is a reference to the padlock bridges in Paris

Blaziken77

Each generation has had its fair share of awesome or simple designs. Gen I had great things like Gyarados but yet had Voltorb and Grimer. Gen III had the gorgeous weather trio while having things like Swablu. And let's not forget Ditto, which can be drawn by any 5-year old that can hold a pencil.

Simple designs don't necessarily mean bad designs, it's also about the thought process behind the design and what the Pokemon represents.

Just my two cents.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you 100% but doesn't it seem there are more then usual cute designs?
I like to use the intimidating or tough looking Pokemon tbh and maybe they are there postgame or those people still haven't gotten there.
I'm just hoping for at least 10-15 new pokemon that aren't cute and hopefully 105+ new Pokemon

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Gym Leader's Pokemon?

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic

aa_623

I love Klefki. I normally am not a fan of inanimate object Pokemon, but I love it. It's cute and kind of clever. Is there a confirmation on type? Ghost/Fairy would be nice.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I can already see the big raging wave coming in.
I think that key Pokémon is so cute, but so odd at the same time! So nice! :D

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Has it been mentioned that Mystical Fire is like the Water/Fire/Grass Pledge equivalent of this Generation? I wonder if Water Shuriken is Froakie's special combo move.

Actually, that picture was showing the description for Fire Pledge.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer

No because it is not. The pic you saw was on Fire Pledge itself which has had a power boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.