• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
I asked this a couple of pages back. The answer was that they are in both versions.

I thought it was strange, but as a Grass-type lover, I'm not complaining!

Dammit, was hoping I could own everyone with my version exclusive Pumpkaboo...
It's adorable.

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
Do we know yet what's up with Noivern? It seems as if no one has reached it yet ._.
Also, does Florges' colour change depending on the flower colour?
It seems strange to have its pre-evos have the distinction and not Florges itself.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Speaking of Gorgiest did we really need two pokemon whose names were a pun of gorgeous in the same game Florges and Gourgeist .... not to mention Gorbyss ahahhahah

Last edited:

fitzy909

Just another guy
Is the artwork for Chesnaught, Greninja and Delphox official?
Makes me like them and Carbink a lot more.
Still loving Pumpkaboo...
Do we know if it's a version exclusive?

it's not official as they haven't been revealed officially yet. i also like pumpkaboo and it's typing is pretty interesting.

dacrag

People are complaining about only around 70 Pokemon, but I think that's a high number. Especially since so many Pokemon are underused and forgotten about. I think this generation seems like it's trying to bring around those Pokemon forgotten about, and encourage people to use them. There's no point introducing new Pokemon, investing in time to design them, when a lot of them will just be forgotten about too.
70 isn't a small number either. I think what most people are bothered about is that many have already leaked. If CoroCoro had only shown a couple of Pokemon, when people buy the game (or watch these streams etc. of people playing before release), they would have been happy with all the new Pokemon.

Besides, I wonder if some of the new Pokemon won't be obtainable until post-game. It's possible that some pre-evolutions or new Pokemon are just waiting to be bred/caught after you've finished the game. It'd make sense if there's little to do post-game. It would be a nice surprise to suddenly come across some new Pokemon when you think you've evolved/caught all available.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Speaking of Gorgiest did we really need two pokemon whose names were a pun of gorgeous in the same game Florges and Gorgiest .... not to mention Gorbyss ahahhahah

It's name is more likely to be a combination of gourd (fleshy many seeded fruit - pumpkin) and poltergeist.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I asked this a couple of pages back. The answer was that they are in both versions.

I thought it was strange, but as a Grass-type lover, I'm not complaining!

It's apparently a Caterpie/Weedle situation, where Pumpkaboo/Gorgeist are more common in one game (I think X), whereas Phantump/Trevanent are more common in the other game.

It seems strange to have its pre-evos have the distinction and not Florges itself.

I think it's a case of people having not seen enough Florges to be able to tell whether or not there are differences.

Regality

Digital King
Do we know yet what's up with Noivern? It seems as if no one has reached it yet ._.

Or there is nothing new to show about it, so they saw no point in catching it?

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
People are complaining about only around 70 Pokemon, but I think that's a high number. Especially since so many Pokemon are underused and forgotten about. I think this generation seems like it's trying to bring around those Pokemon forgotten about, and encourage people to use them. There's no point introducing new Pokemon, investing in time to design them, when a lot of them will just be forgotten about too.
70 isn't a small number either. I think what most people are bothered about is that many have already leaked. If CoroCoro had only shown a couple of Pokemon, when people buy the game (or watch these streams etc. of people playing before release), they would have been happy with all the new Pokemon.

Besides, I wonder if some of the new Pokemon won't be obtainable until post-game. It's possible that some pre-evolutions or new Pokemon are just waiting to be bred/caught after you've finished the game. It'd make sense if there's little to do post-game. It would be a nice surprise to suddenly come across some new Pokemon when you think you've evolved/caught all available.

If we don't get many new pokemon. I'm hoping all my old favorite get in to the game. *Pikachu and his cheeky friends all did XD*

AquaPikachu

Dude..there is going to be 90-100 New Pokemon as there are so many spaces left..

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
Well looking at the pic, I am intrigued.

Don't really like flabebes final it looks ruined. Claunchers final looks nice as does skelp.

The supposed pseudo legendary looks alright to me. It goes well with the other one, noivern.

The pumpkin one is good and honehedges final

Now by this count we are on 67, so that leaves us with two more pokemon and one legendary or the rest being legendary according to all the 70 pokemon rumour.

If so looking at the list I can at least make 3/4 sets of good teams so I'm not fussed and that's without megas or old pokemon

Ver-mont

Now by this count we are on 67, so that leaves us with two more pokemon and one legendary or the rest being legendary according to all the 70 pokemon rumour.

The rumor never said exactly 70, I don't know where you took that from. It was an estimative, it's around that.

Dude..there is going to be 90-100 New Pokemon as there are so many spaces left..

It doesn't mean they will all be filled with new Pokémon.

Considering the rest of the Dex, it's very unlikely.

Scipion

Well looking at the pic, I am intrigued.

Don't really like flabebes final it looks ruined. Claunchers final looks nice as does skelp.

The supposed pseudo legendary looks alright to me. It goes well with the other one, noivern.

The pumpkin one is good and honehedges final

If so looking at the list I can at least make 3/4 sets of good teams so I'm not fussed and that's without megas or old pokemon

Yeah I forgot about Noivern. one pseudo-legendary dragon wasn't enoug, they had to make two of them in the same game. They really want to try making tournament with less dragon?

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Yeah I forgot about Noivern. one pseudo-legendary dragon wasn't enoug, they had to make two of them in the same game. They really want to try making tournament with less dragon?
Noivern is Pseudo Legendary, whut? I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.