• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

Man, so we wont be seeing anything more from the leaker till around 9 tonight? I like in the EST time zone, so at least it'll be easy for me to figure out when he'll be coming back lol. Guess I should enjoy my weekend for a bit.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Great! Thank you.
I guess I seem like a genwunner (is that the word?) .. I do love the first generation's Pokemon the most. Probably since Blue was my first game. Though there some great new Pokemon, from this generation and last too.

By the way, people keep saying pseudo legendary. I can guess the meaning but what is it exactly?
Non legendary Pokémon with a total base stat of 600. Like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon.

On topic of Megas:

1) Would you have rather had 120-150 NEW POKEMON
2) Or do you like it the way it is, with 70-85 new pokemon, then megas.

I did like the idea of Megas at first, but so few pokemon being introduced has rubbed me the wrong way. So I'm in group one. Ideally, 135 new pokes and 40 or so megas would have been cool...

The Mega idea never really excited me and now that it seems that we won't be getting many new Pokémon, I like them even less. I'd much prefer to have 100-120 new Pokémon instead of the 70 we seem to be getting (150 is a bit excessive and we end up with abominations such as Sawk and Throh)
I'm also really disappointed at the almost complete lack of any new Bug Pokémon. :(
All we have is a Venomoth clone.

Naito

Great! Thank you.
I guess I seem like a genwunner (is that the word?) .. I do love the first generation's Pokemon the most. Probably since Blue was my first game. Though there some great new Pokemon, from this generation and last too.

By the way, people keep saying pseudo legendary. I can guess the meaning but what is it exactly?

As soon as I'll get ninja'd http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary_Pokémon

EDIT: Nevermind, I still got ninja'd :D

Last edited:
Why don't we know Goodra's type already? Someone evolved it, no? Why don't they post the type? xD
Although I think it will be pure Dragon, I hope for something different.

whokilledarchie is no leaker, he's just photographing pictures of real leakers and puts his low quality picture on his site.
I knew they weren't his pictures but I couldn't find the originals

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Great! Thank you.

It refers to Pokes with a BST of 600.
Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon.

Ninja'd

Naito

The Mega idea never really excited me and now that it seems that we won't be getting many new Pokémon, I like them even less. I'd much prefer to have 100-120 new Pokémon instead of the 70 we seem to be getting (150 is a bit excessive and we end up with abominations such as Sawk and Throh)
I'm also really disappointed at the almost complete lack of any new Bug Pokémon. :(
All we have is a Venomoth clone.

You mean Butterfree clone, if you really have to say it like this

ArtImitatingLife

Who are the best leakers currently? the only one I'm aware of is whokilledarchie on instagram
(also, first post! :D)
That's not a leaker, he just reposts the leakers' images.
I think there are currently two main ones, though I might be wrong.
Kenpachi, who is on a payed forum that I can't remember the name of, and Josh, who you can find here:
archive.foolz.us/vp/search/tripcode/!xltmUpewoI/page/1

thetamale

I know we've been short changed in terms of quantity but I have to say the quality of the new Pokemon is high in my opinion.

ArtImitatingLife

I know we've been short changed in terms of quantity but I have to say the quality of the new Pokemon is high in my opinion.
Agreed, I have legitimately yet to see a design I've just hated in this gen, which is strange when you think how many we've seen.
At least a design I hated that didn't have another pokemon in its line that I liked that redeemed it (You got lucky, Binacle -_- )
I just really like the designs this gen, and that combined with the footage and screenshots of the actual gameplay we've seen has me really, really excited.

kemal07

So Smoochum/Jynx has a place in the mountain Kalos Dex : ),,, Super happy, all that is left is a Mega evolution hopefully...

Anyone know whether Smoochum appears in the wild, or does Jynx appear in the wild?

Persian22

Aromatisse would have made the PERFECT Fairy / Poison type. With her gas mask thing and her gas attacks.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So if pumpkiboo evo has a small form... Does that mean you can find giant ones to?

Well, we don't know about its alternate formes(as in, besides the Small Form), so anything goes.

Persian22

Naito

Thank you for the link. Maybe a silly question but, why is Garchomp so popular? It's quite ugly. I really like Hydreigon though (I guess you could say it's ugly too!)

I love Garchomp, it is in my top 25 :D

Abizzel1

Okay so Mega Blastoise keeps it's same HP and SP stats. It gets a modest boost to it's DEF and SD (the Blastoise used had a Impish nature (-SA, +DEF). But it gets a massive boost to it's SA stat. Here are the new calculations I came up with for Mega Blastoise stats after realizing it's Impish nature.

Mega Blastoise

HP ATK DEF SA SD SP
79 93 110 115 110 78 582
(Josh 4chan Lv. 36)
115 73 95 67 87 69 Base Blastoise
115 87 111 99 94 69 Mega Blastoise

Not a bad boost, looks like Blastoise will be making it's way up to OU as a go to bulky water. Hopefully it gets more pulse moves besides Water Pulse like, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, and hopefully Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon are included in that boost as well (maybe Water Spout, but that's stretching it).

Status
Not open for further replies.