• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Nintendo is going to throw us a surprise grenade and make it anything but a snake. I'm calling it now.

In all seriousness, a serpent/snake is the best thing I can think of. Any other good or creative ideas?

Unown Z gets a mega-evolution.

john90

Let's face something GF has avoided to tell us in 9 months:

1) 3D games. 3D just for battles.
2) New pokemon. Less then half then past gen.
3) Lack of Legends.
4) Lack of post-game.

Stop saying we are never satisfied. They trolled us for 9 months. They have waited for 9 month before telling us some true, when people had already ordered the games. They wanted us to believe the game would have been in full 3D and with a lot of new pokemon (like many tv spots in past months stated) just to make money. This is what great company do so I'm not going to be surprised. However I have to spend a lot of money for 3DS game which doesn't even use all 3ds mechanics and that was created just to promote 2ds (announced obviously 8 months after the games). As all reviews state this gen focuses on visual changing, which is great, but if that's all then I have all reasons to be disappointed.

BGP_

Look at it this way guys... In a few months time when all the dust settles and people start comparing generations 1-6 in terms of which had the best new pokedex... Which other Pokedex(New Pokemon) could you put X & Y in front of? It's lacking so much in terms of type representation, number of pokemon ect. that I have to say it's inferior to all other Regions. That is a sad thing to have to say, but can you honestly say it's better than any other Region? Now, that IS a problem.

I would like to point out that I find this region's pokedex easily better than generation V's. You know, the large one. Quality>quantity people! Not to mention mega evolution...the new type...etc. etc.

BurningWhiteKyurem

So is it confirmed at there is only 70 new pokemon in X and Y? Source? I've been avoiding this thread ever since people mentioned the elite 4 and such, I don't want that stuff being spoiled.

Kanpachi got an early copy of the game, he just finished the Elite Four. The only thing he found was something called the "Friend Safari" (idk what it is).

dman_dustin

Look at it this way guys... In a few months time when all the dust settles and people start comparing generations 1-6 in terms of which had the best new pokedex... Which other Pokedex(New Pokemon) could you put X & Y in front of? It's lacking so much in terms of type representation, number of pokemon ect. that I have to say it's inferior to all other Regions. That is a sad thing to have to say, but can you honestly say it's better than any other Region? Now, that IS a problem.

The thing is no matter how likable the designs are, it comes down to one primary issue.

Less Pokemon, more horrible the type distribution.

Not that I mind it but we have 2 Ghost/Grass Pokemon lines.

And only 3 bug Pokemon all within the same Pokemon line. And only one ground type

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Wait, there's only seventy new Pokemon this generation? That seems strange if it's true.

Anyway, I heard the dragon elite four member uses Dragalge, so does that confirm that it is a dragon type?

Just watch, the monster ends up being Mewtwo. There ends up being no Z pokemon.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
SheyenneThunderstorm
Iv never heard that saying but I think it fits well

I think a snake would make perfect sense being a legendary in a cave Basilisks are known to like caves (I think) plus Dragons and other scaley creatures its not so farfetch'd

Id laugh (and love it) if it was a super awesome Fairy/Dark Type Snake Legendary but I could see it being a Dragon or a Bat or maybe it's not based on a cave deweler at all if you look at Mewtwo you'd never think it'd live in a cave

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
Thanks Gamefreak for revealing way too many Pokemon before the games were released. Might as well have just revealed the entirety of the Pokemon there were.

That's a huge part of it. It's a build up of factors that make this underwhelming.

The limited number of new Pokémon
The overwhelming number of old Pokémon which would normally be a good thing making it very likely to be much harder to find new Pokémon
The fact that they revealed over half of the new Pokémon, leaving so few to be discovered in the game
The weak type distribution - one line of generic bugs that probably sucks, one line of poison when poison needs a boon this generation now it's finally gained a new type weak to it, and only one Ground type that gains it as a secondary type on evolution to Normal? Lame
The fact that we've only got one Pokémon related to old Pokémon. I love it when old Pokémon get new evolutions, most of my favourites from gen IV fit into this category. Sylveon is the first and only Pokémon we've had related to an old Pokémon since 2007 (or 2006). Mega Evolutions aren't remotely the same, they're a forme change with a number of limitations.

Like, I'll still love the games, but there are just a lot of factors that add up to make this far less impressive than it ought to be. If Game Freak could at least have been honest and kept more secret...

Kreayshawn

I we get Legend Z today. Is Josh the one who gave that picture of the Cave thing? If it was link to his 4chan feed please

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Some fans will never be pleased.
Let's just all accept what we were given. Complaining won't change things.

R_N

Let's face something GF has avoided to tell us in 9 months:

1) 3D games. 3D just for battles.
2) New pokemon. Less then half then past gen.
3) Lack of Legends.
4) Lack of post-game.

Stop saying we are never satisfied. They trolled us for 9 months. They have waited for 9 month before telling us some true, when people had already ordered the games. They wanted us to believe the game would have been in full 3D and with a lot of new pokemon (like many tv spots in past months stated) just to make money. This is what great company do so I'm not going to be surprised. However I have to spend a lot of money for 3DS game which doesn't even use all 3ds mechanics and that was created just to promote 2ds (announced obviously 8 months after the games). As all reviews state this gen focuses on visual changing, which is great, but if that's all then I have all reasons to be disappointed.
They did not ever troll you and you know it.

They said there would be new Pokemon, you got new Pokemon.
They said the world would be in 3D and it was. 3D graphics not 3d effects.
They would never say anything about legends or post-game

and hey
guess what
It wasn't made to promote the 2ds. THE 2DS ISN'T EVEN COMING OUT IN JAPAN

Regality

Digital King
Nintendo is going to throw us a surprise grenade and make it anything but a snake. I'm calling it now.

In all seriousness, a serpent/snake is the best thing I can think of. Any other good or creative ideas?

An actual person?!
I HAVE IT.
Cyrus! Insane from spending years trapped in the distortion world!
He could be using Giratina too!

Maybe a bit of wishful thinking here..

Nylis23

Ok... this generation is big disappointment, i'm looking forward to generation 7 if there's any. hopefully the sales would not be as high as BW so that GF would do better in gen 7.

Pfft. Fail. You say all this, and yet you're still gonna buy it. =P

And if you don't, then good. Stop playing, you don't need to make yourself depressed over Pokemon games that aren't catered to you.

Not too many Pokemon, sad true, but enough of them look interesting that I can live with it.

Despite the smaller list, I'm still finding it hard to choose who I want on my First Team.

I think I'm gonna go with Froakie, Fletchling, Honedge, Helioptile, Flabebe, and Tyrunt.

As much as I LOVE Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, I don't wanna use any older Gen Pokemon the first time through.

jpmouz

Next generation, and for generations to come, I think 150 is too high but 70 is way too low for new Pokemon. Around 100 to 110 is nice for for me.

Also, am I the only one that has not really disliked a single Pokemon design? Many people here hating on Gen V because of the whole "quality over quantity" thing but for me, that isn't even an option because I think all the designs in Gen V were top quality designs :p

Draknir

Fear the Deer
On the subject of having a lower amount of Pokemon than previous generations, you have to remember a few things.

1. We're just coming out of Gen V, where we had more Pokemon than in any previous generation.

2. This is the first generation on the 3ds. Its understandable they wouldn't introduce a large amount of Pokemon because of the major difference between the this and the previous generations.

3. If you were to take into account Mega Evolutions, this generation is on par with the other even numbered ones.

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that reviews no longer make mention of the post-game, even ones that I know previously did. Could this mean that either the Pokemon Company made them take it out? Or did they discover things after posting the review that made them reconsider having lines involving it in their reviews? It could mean that they really did pull a DP and HGSS, where evolutions of old Pokemon are not in the regional dex even though the Pokemon they evolve from are in it.

Of course, I could just be grabbing at thin air with that one.

KKS-Lapras

To all those upset with the number of new Pokemon, "GET OVER IT!". If you don't like it, don't buy the games. Seriously, with the new Pokemon, the addition of a new type, new game mechanics, Mega-Pokemon, the 3-d upgrades to so many aspects of the game, the size of the regional dex, etc, Gen 6 has some much to offer, for so many fans, new and old. Every new Gen, there is something that a certain group of people find to complain about. I realize not all will be satisfied, but seriously, just give it a rest on the number of new Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.