• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

john90

Yes, this entire gen is just a giant conspiracy dreamt up to confuse people and make them buy a 2DS. That was their only goal. Seriously, if it bugs you that much, don't buy the game. If your annoyance is that big and you legitimately believe that you were lied to to that degree, then it should give you lots of incentive to not give them your money, right? People really should learn to put their money where their mouth is.

I bought a 3ds in july just for these games. I don't have any game because I just play pokemon. They trolled me. I'm reaaaallly disappointed. Trust me if I could come back I would have saved my money. You keep accepting in silence another (of the many) bad thing GF has made under yout noise.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Is it plausible that GF has kept the number of new pokemon at a low total of 70 so that they can spring surprises on us in the form of DLC or extra event pokemon? Is it possible that they could add new lines of pokemon (not necessarily just mythical pokemon) maybe a couple of months down the line? Just a thought :)

They can, but I believe Masuda is against DLC Pokemon.

Nylis23

What YOU don't understand is that they wanted to confuse us. They didn't say anything justto make us believe it, buy the game and then discover it. If you have not been trolled then tell me you expected since January a partially 3d game with just 70 new pokemon. Don't lie..

I think you're not realizing something. Game Freak NEVER said we'd be getting 100+ Pokemon. YOU convinced yourself that there would be more Pokemon. I haven't been trolled because unlike you, I know to keep the hype to a minimum. I never let my expectations get too high.

You're unsatisfied, fine. You don't have to be happy with the game, not everyone is going to like it. However, ranting on here isn't going to change anything. You wanna show Game Freak that you don't "support their trolling ways", then don't buy the game, simple. Because if you buy it, then you're saying you're ok with it.

Jabberjaw

If they had never revealed the box legend for X... Would you think it'd be a deer?
If they had never revealde the box legend for Y... Would you have thought it'd be a bird(more likely than X)
Either the Z legend will the the obvious Draconic Serpent everybody thinks it will be... Or.. It will be... Masuda only knows.

Regality

Digital King
So, just to make sure I understand this, there are no more new pokémon ore mega evolutions left to be revealed? But there are still blank spots in the Mountain pokédex, so there's still got to be a possibility

I'm not upset that we have only 70 pokémon if that's true, since this actually helps me plan out my team even more. I just want to make sure I've got this straight

There is the Z legendary, and who knows how many other Megas we will get.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I wasn't attacking I was just stating how I felt about a topic if people felt they were being attacked when I clearly didn't state any specific names or point any fingers then as you said the Guilty Dog Barks its not my deal if they took offense to something that wasn't targeted at anybody specifically (And literally I wasn't targeting anybody specifically) besides its been nearly a hour and it was just a vent I wasn't mad or angry just venting

But back on topic I guess it could be mewtwo but (and I know this was just a demo demonstration) doesn't the professor give you a mewtwo? I know that might have just been for the demo but hm...

Early on people pointed out that cave think it'd have something to do with a legendary I hope it's a new Legendary and not a older one I love the older ones but im kinda consirned about the seeming lack of newer ones but we've just gotten to post game and theres possibly alot of event legendaries so im not TOO worried

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So have all the Gen 6 Pokemon been identified then? If so, then 68 isn't really impressive (I obviously don't count the mega Pokemon). I do agree with others that they shouldn't have revealed so many Pokemon beforehand. I only went along with it before because I assumed there would be at least 100 new Pokemon.

iGotNoiPad

Game Freak: Do you know what will be a good idea? Trolling all fans and lied to them so that they will buy the games!! Piss them off so that nobody would buy our future games!!!! Perfect plan!!!

But seriously, have anybody thought of the new pokemon fans? The 10 year olds that are going to be impressed with the graphics and new pokemon? People are forgetting that every new generation brings about new fans. Some will stay. Some will go. In 10 years time, there will say my first pokemon is Fennelkin!!!! Just like how we used to. This game is not made to impress you and you alone.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So what do we need?

- The Last Pieces of the Regional Dexes to be filled
- Confirmation of Floette, Florges, Dragalge, Gengar, Kangaskhan & Gyarados types.
- Full list of retconned Pokémon.

grassftw

I bought a 3ds in july just for these games. I don't have any game because I just play pokemon. They trolled me. I'm reaaaallly disappointed. Trust me if I could come back I would have saved my money. You keep accept in silence another (of the many) bad thing GF has made under yout noise.

A 3ds is worth this dude. When you get the game, you'll enjoy it and you know it. Now shut the f*** up!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 3ds in july just for these games. I don't have any game because I just play pokemon. They trolled me. I'm reaaaallly disappointed. Trust me if I could come back I would have saved my money. You keep accept in silence another (of the many) bad thing GF has made under yout noise.

Get Fire Emblem Awakening. Don't let that 3DS purchase go to waste! Not to mention it is an incredible game! Also you can wait on the next Smash Bros game.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Honestly, I'm not disappointed. We have a lot to look forward to:

*New Pokemon
*An immnese, diversified Kalos Dex divided in 3 sections.
*A new Fairy-type to toy with
*Character customization
*Mega Evolutions
*A big, non-linear region to explore
*Friend Safari
*Wonder Trades
*A much more reliable online battling and trading system
*Soon, we'll have Pokemon Bank and Transporter
*New attacks to try out
*Post-game stuff

I cannot fathom what people are complaining about. There is plenty to do.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I can understand in BW that they revealed at least 50 new pre-release pokemon because there were 156 total... but in XY? they revealed around 40 when there are only 70 in total? how do you like that? seems like this gen was made in a hurry. It's kind of deceiving actually.

Arxeon

Is it plausible that GF has kept the number of new pokemon at a low total of 70 so that they can spring surprises on us in the form of DLC or extra event pokemon? Is it possible that they could add new lines of pokemon (not necessarily just mythical pokemon) maybe a couple of months down the line? Just a thought :)
I think it was confirmed to have no DLC

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
So what do we need?

- The Last Pieces of the Regional Dexes to be filled
- Confirmation of Floette, Florges, Dragalge, Gengar, Kangaskhan & Gyarados types.
- Full list of retconned Pokémon.

Mega evo list

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

There is the Z legendary, and who knows how many other Megas we will get.

given the number of mega evos they found i can guess around 20-30 if they are basing off the trademark pokemons You can guess it would be all of them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.