• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainer8

Has anyone figured out how to get Sylveon yet?

sheol

Ice needs some loving soon. Another gen dreaming for a snowy owl...

Anyway, while I love the new pokes (and MegaEvos are indeed cool), I must say this low number of new pokes worries me, as it may signal a new trend.

Any new formes or gender/area differences confirmed? I mean, besides Meowstic and Vivillion and Pyroar...

AquaPikachu

Theres still a chance to have more Pokemon in the third version. Its different and its new, but they could have Professor Sycamore or whoever hand the player an updated national dex with more numbers and Pokemon at new spots on the dex.

That could work..very well actually..there would be a incentive to get Z Version and once you have beaten Z you can connect with X and Y which will then give you an updated pokedex..

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How come the First post in this thread's Dex lists have missing slots? Are we sure the dexes were filled and there aren't any new Pokes left to discover?

Because it's the regional dex. We have all the Gen VI Pokémon but not all of the Pokémon found pre-E4.

Ice needs some loving soon. Another gen dreaming for a snowy owl...

Anyway, while I love the new pokes (and MegaEvos are indeed cool), I must say this low number of new pokes worries me, as it may signal a new trend.

Any new formes or gender/area differences confirmed? I mean, besides Meowstic and Vivillion and Pyroar...
Gourgeist has a small form.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
How in the world did CARBINK NOT GET AN EVOLUTION?!?!? And I love how we didn't even reach the 70 New Pokemon mark -__- fail... Stopped dead on 69 lol

We might get the little (cute) legendary "that has 100 as base stat in every of its stats" of this generation (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy and Victini), which would likely bring us to 70.

Nevans

Yeah. I've been waiting for some wolf pokemon too. I mean.... We got several big cats and plenty of foxes. The only thing close to wolf like is Mightyena and I believe that is meant to be closer to a Hyena.

I think houndoom from gen 2 is a wolf.

Blazios

How come the First post in this thread's Dex lists have missing slots? Are we sure the dexes were filled and there aren't any new Pokes left to discover?

We know they aren't new because we know Zygarde's National Dex number (718), meaning that there are 69 new Pokémon after Genesect. We've already seen 69.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
How come the First post in this thread's Dex lists have missing slots?

Those are older Pokemon that have yet to be found.

Are we sure the dexes were filled and there aren't any new Pokes left to discover?

Yes.

Again, it is because we know Z's National Pokedex number. There's no space for new evolutions from Chespin to Z. There is also no room for previous generation pre/evolutions.

I think houndoom from gen 2 is a wolf.

Houndoom is based off a Doberman Pinschier; a breed of dog.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Gah. I know what list your talking about but I don't have it. :(

I don't remember them all, but the Middle Stage Starters did crop up from that list.

Yes it's dragon.

The person who makes that image went to bed before Josh evolved his ... -- ... -- ... you know the thing.

Oh well, I guess it's hard to tell when the names are in Japanese. ^^

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
Just 69 Pokemon T_T
I'm actually sad because this will be the first time I actually BUY the real thing.

Anyway, the national dex is already leaked right? Anyone has pics?

hypwnz

How in the world did CARBINK NOT GET AN EVOLUTION?!?!? And I love how we didn't even reach the 70 New Pokemon mark -__- fail... Stopped dead on 69 lol

I think we almost have a wtfGiveThemAnEvoAlready pokemon for each gen. Dungsparce, Loldisc, Funkfisk and Carbink. Do I miss anyone?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Well all the leaks have been amazing and let there still must be more to discover. I still hope there is some hidden Pokemon surprises somehow in the Kalos region. Anyway I think I'll do what other are doing and bow out for a few days so not to get spoiled anymore.I'll be around to check messages and update my signature but that will be about it. I'll be back when Serebii main page starts posting stuff about the games around Thursday or Friday hopefully. check you guys out later.

sheol

Gourgeist has a small form.

Thanks! Which reminds me, I'm all for the ghost type, but introducing 4 Ghost/Grass is a little Overkill, right?

Carbink and Klefki without evos, so weird.

Jabberjaw

Anybody know the base stats for Dragalge? It would take me 5 minutes to calculate but I'm too lazy

Jskid44

Froak you!!
I would like to see the photo of this supposed national dex where there is no room between Chespin, and Zygarde.

XXD17

Draco rex
No news on Sylveon, and it was thought that the code corresponds to the number of Pokemon in the National Dex.

XY1012 was due to the release date, XY738Z was thought to point to the National Dex containing 738 Pokemon. This would mean a further 20 Pokemon to be revealed, and is looking unlikely.
Just watch the last 20 be megas...

ColdCarnage

I'm not sure if you guys forgot or not, but there has been regular Pokemon after legendaries. Gen 1- Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite before Mew and Mewtwo and after bird trio. Gen 2- Larvitar, Pupitar and Tryanitar before Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi and after dog trio. There is a chance that there might be another regular non legendary dragon trio after Zygarde and if there is then theres a better chance regular Pokemon can be after the non legendary dragon trio.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

I'm not sure if you guys forgot or not, but there has been regular Pokemon after legendaries. Gen 1- Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite before Mew and Mewtwo. Gen 2- Larvitar, Pupitar and Tryanitar before Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi. There is a chance that there might be another regular non legendary dragon trio after Zygarde and if there is then theres a better chance regular Pokemon can be after the non legendary dragon trio.

And there's an even better chance there's nothing after Zygarde.

(we've only ever seen regular Pokémon after legendaries when they're between the trio and the mascots or whatever comes after, never after these; it's impossible here)

Kreayshawn

I'm not sure if you guys forgot or not, but there has been regular Pokemon after legendaries. Gen 1- Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite before Mew and Mewtwo. Gen 2- Larvitar, Pupitar and Tryanitar before Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi. There is a chance that there might be another regular non legendary dragon trio after Zygarde and if there is then theres a better chance regular Pokemon can be after the non legendary dragon trio.

Those are after the non über legendaries tho. Like the birds, dogs etc. there is no trio this gen

Status
Not open for further replies.