• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty

Moonside
I agree with nostalgia being a key factor here.
Lol, yes, nostalgia is the main theme in X & Y. Probably to please Pokemon veterans and/or to get more money.
I'm actually OK with this as this is their first try...
(But they never should have given Charizard 2 Mega's :()

TRG

Cobalt_Latios

Nostalgia, really.

Let's be honest, how many of us grew up playing Pokemon now? And how many of us started playing this nearly sixteen years ago?

It is just an acknowledgement to the older set of fans that their favorite pokemon haven't been forgotten. A sentiment that came about since Diamond/Pearl really, and in Black/White which was the successful "reboot" year.

If nothing else, even with the low numbers here, we do have an impressive game on our hands anyway. One that is pretty darn big...

Well, I skipped gen 1 and started with gen 2, so that's why my "nostalgia" for it is very, very low.

Actually, besides RBY, FRLG and HGSS, which would make no sense if they were absent, just Platinum. So just one time outside their region. The regis were found in all gens since RSE up to now, that's old.

The regis were in gen IV, but they were event exclusive, and Canada never got the event.

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
Lol, yes, nostalgia is the main theme in X & Y. Probably to please Pokemon veterans and/or to get more money.
If they are going to do this whole Mega Evolution thing, they need a lot more mega evolutions than what we see right now lol.

Not trying to fit in with the denial crowd, but do we know about any gaps between the Xerneas and the last non-legendary in the national dex?

LinksOcarina

The true master

Thats probably part of the reason.

I think it also has to do with the 3-D transition, they wanted to give the previous generations some love in 3-D.

It does make sense in some respects, and I expected a massive dropoff of new designs this cycle anyway.

I guess we were all spoiled by the massive amounts given in Gen V.

Ver-mont

Any leaks about the Elite Four, trainer types or champion?

Yes, they're on the Characters page. It's best not to talk about them here, since some people don't want to be spoiled about characters and plot, just Pokémon.

Not trying to fit in with the denial crowd, but do we know about any gaps between the Xerneas and the last non-legendary in the national dex?

None. From Noivern, it goes straight to Xerneas.

noakai

Thanks. Next question: Is it holding its Mega Stone/is it somewhere around it, or is its stone somewhere completely different?

I don't know for sure. I don't think it would have already had it, would it? But regardless we got Mega Mewtwo Y's stats very soon after he posted that he found it so either he already had the stone, the mon had the stone or it was easy to find.

SergantGold

Based Feebas
Please reply with facts not opinions.

It is a troll fact.
Deal with it.
Nice try at a burn though.
And please go to the next stage in the chart posted by Dad, this one is becoming a chore to deal with.

well then in that case gen 7 better have over 110 pokemon if they are low balling us with just 70...which is just stupid

Sephora

yes I'm back
Is there any chance that there will be another eeveelution, or is there not an empty slot near Sylveon? 'Cause I am still hoping there is one T.T

R3-T7

I really like the two Charizards, i hope other pokemon get two forms, it adds extra customization possibilities. I just wish different mega evolution weren't exclusives, but its no big deal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.