• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Are there any Fairy-esque areas that Eevee might evolve leveled up in? I know the theory is Pokemon-Amie but considering Sylveon will be in future games, they'd have to make the way Eevee evolves into it something that would be applicable in future games and I don't see Pokemon-Amie becoming a staple of the series.

kemal07

It is getting boring seeing the same questions posted on every page such as... 'Is there any new reveals new Pokemon' etc etc... Does anyone not check the first page before posting anything as clearly labeled on the title of this thread?

Am I the only happy and greatful person on this forum, because I absolutely love everything so far, whether it's 69/70 Pokemon or not. Yes 70 may be the least we have ever had, but hello... we have awesome new forms, 3D play, and many more awesome stuff, and including the standalone Pokemon I think all 69 Pokemon have been designed superbly!. It's just getting very boring seeing posts like 'oh no we only have 69 new Pokemon', 'oh Nintendo you did a bad job' bla bla bla , if you don't like it don't buy it,,, simple as

Cobalt_Latios

I also agree giving Charizard 2 Mega's is unfair compared to the 1 Venasaur and Blastoise get (At this time). Troll Freak are shovelling as much coal as they can into the Charizard hype train.

And I thought the anime was bad with that recently. Now the games too? Ugh.

The funny thing is, I (lots of people, too, I guess) thought that the Pokemon is evolving and improving with every generation. Pokemon are ofc still the main part of the games... always having over 100 Pokemon, then having 156 new Pokemon and then having ~70 new Pokemon which is a twice as small number and even smaller than 156...

Between Unova and Kalos, we technically have 100+ each, just more featured in one over the other.

And what we get for the lack of Pokemon? Form changes for casual Pokemon (where they can't really create something different and creative) and.. what? Character customisation?
Mhh.. the only big thing is the 3D graphics, kind of... (EDIT: and maybe more multiplayer possibilities...)

Pretty much. The 3D being the biggest change if anything. So, this is just sort of to jump in and experiment before getting comfortable.

Which is really absurd considering the major investment the mechanics probably took. 70 new pokemon is a bit slim, to be sure, but with the overhaul of the game mechanics, upgrading to 3D, revamping old aspects (Pikachu got a new cry type things), adding in a whole new type (thus having to retype older pokemon), mega evolutions, and everything else, I'm sure that was no small task. So for people to complain about only 70 new pokemon strikes me as a bit odd when we got so much more out of this gen then people seem to realize.

I think the introduction of Mega-Evolutions also has something to do with it. I mean, that's a pretty big mechanic in and of itself. This is the big gateway games to a new era of the series, really. Having the old with the new sort of helps to ease the way into it better.

CA-Eevee

Wrong, since we know Zygarde's National Dex number. Every single number from Chespin to it is taken.

Oh, I didn't know that, I was going by the Kalos dex. It seems so strange to have so few new ones...

Still, I'm actually pretty pleased with the regional dex, it seems like a good mix of Pokemon from previous generations.

Photonkrios95

I am curious though
Why didn't Josh or Kanapachi (spelling) get Nintendo'od for leaking new stuff?
Just curious since that Koesthidin guy got Nintendod too for not even leaking new Pokemon

Josh is annonomous and Kanapachi is on a paid forum, most of the nintendo'd leakers put everything up on twitter and got found out.

Blaziken77

I agree with a lot of your post. However, I'm tired of people saying that Game Freak doesn't owe their dedicated fan-base that spends time, money and years of our lives supporting them, anything. Game Freak owes it's fans everything. The good thing (and bad thing) about Game Freak is that THEY DO LISTEN to us. They will see that so many fans were disappointed with the Pokemon count. They'll make up for it next time.

Exactly! I forgot to mention the part where they actually listen unlike other companies but tbh, imo, I don't think GF owes us anything. They have done an amazing job and I for one have enjoyed every single Pokemon game from Blue.

Kodama

oh God please tell me you're kidding... please ;__;

Stop.
those aren't boring at all, they are what can be called the definition of pokemon(yes my opinion I know i know). But all the confirmed pokes of this gen look so awesome next to the leaked ones. That is my point.

Jenksy

Pokemon Princess
Are there any Fairy-esque areas that Eevee might evolve leveled up in? I know the theory is Pokemon-Amie but considering Sylveon will be in future games, they'd have to make the way Eevee evolves into it something that would be applicable in future games and I don't see Pokemon-Amie becoming a staple of the series.
I do. Remember how Milotic used to evolve?

mtqc

MY BEANS!
You have a very skewed view of how a business operates. GameFreak makes fun and compelling games, we reward them with sales. Gamefreak fails to create what consumers want, we don't reward them with sales. Criticism is part of the equation. Are you enjoying your Stockholm Syndrome?

You don't think that GF would be dumb enough to equate lack of sales with just "oh, not profitable anymore, let's quit the franchise"? Not buying it to make a statement is one thing, but that's something I worry about... rather than change what's clearly wrong with the game, they'll just toss it out the window... I seriously hope not.

Blaziken77

It is getting boring seeing the same questions posted on every page such as... 'Is there any new reveals new Pokemon' etc etc... Does anyone not check the first page before posting anything as clearly labeled on the title of this thread?

Am I the only happy and greatful person on this forum, because I absolutely love everything so far, whether it's 69/70 Pokemon or not. Yes 70 may be the least we have ever had, but hello... we have awesome new forms, 3D play, and many more awesome stuff, and including the standalone Pokemon I think all 69 Pokemon have been designed superbly!. It's just getting very boring seeing posts like 'oh no we only have 69 new Pokemon', 'oh Nintendo you did a bad job' bla bla bla , if you don't like it don't buy it,,, simple as

Amen. Amen to all of that.
Finally a person who appreciates what we get and doesn't complain.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
You have a very skewed view of how a business operates. GameFreak makes fun and compelling games, we reward them with sales. Gamefreak fails to create what consumers want, we don't reward them with sales. Criticism is part of the equation. Are you enjoying your Stockholm Syndrome?

THIS-GF do owe us,if it wasnt for the fans they wouldnt have jobs or a 6th Generation game to begin with. If the fans aint happy it doesnt benefit them does it.

Or would people rather GF "reboot" Pokemon like the rest of our childhoods-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,He Man and countless other things that have now been ruined by "reboots" and re-imaginings"

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What? So now people believe that this is a fake game??
ROFL! No...just...no.

It's coming off as childish is what it is.
Mind you the Pokemon fanbase largely consists of it, but I doubt so of these people are kids.

noakai

I am curious though
Why didn't Josh or Kanapachi (spelling) get Nintendo'od for leaking new stuff?
Just curious since that Koesthidin guy got Nintendod too for not even leaking new Pokemon

I think it's because they're posting to places that are harder to get to them to threaten them with legal action - Kanpachi is behind SA's paywall and Josh is basically anonymous on 4chan. They aren't posting to Instagrams with their faces on them.

eta: greninja'd

but for real if I ever get something to leak I'm not posting it on my actual instagram account.

Because GF has the power to please everyone?
It's called meeting in the middle.. .

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I was hoping they'd use a stone for it, but meh.

Nah, that wasn't gonna happen. Eevee always evolves using an evolution method introduced in the generation the Eeveelution is in, and only involves in generations with new evolutions.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
What have some of you become.......?
Some of you are in full-denial that this is a fakemon game...? (lol what???) If it is a fakemon game I will give whoever says it is $20 through paypal or whatever method.
Others are complaining as if Gamefreak owes them something. GF owes us fans nothing. We owe them for making awesome Pokemon games year after year.
So stop complaining and sounding like 5 year olds.

The fanbase has changed alot

Honestly neither Game Freak nor the fans owe each other nothing. Lets say this, if Game freak wants to keep their fans they have to do their best to keep the majority of them happy. Game Freak would do this because happy fans buy their product, this leads to monetary gain, which means their livelihood is intact. Again, neither of them owe each other anything, but it's within a company's best interest to keep their consumer base happy.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
People, please stick to the Pokemon discussion, and not delve into conspiracy theories.
Most of us have yet to play the game ourselves. It's best to save your judgments until later.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I personally dont care if there are only 70 Pokemon that are new

I think X and Y are trying to bring back us older fans who loved the older games (from the first to third generation)

That is why I continue to be a fan of the games and use all the pokemon (The joys of being a 24 year old fan)

It would be totally weird if these were fake the entire time. Gamefreak wouldnt troll us like that but I would be totally shocked as **** if they did fool us especially to stores who sell the games way too early

Status
Not open for further replies.