• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

So it's maximum affection through Amie + level up? Or is it automatic once it reaches max affection?

I believe Josh max out then went to level up.

jonnyc

No offense taken. Hopefully Avalugg will get a decent move pool as many mono-Ice types in Gen V didn't. For all those complaining (myself included), we're still going to buy the game, which is the most paradoxical thing about it. But there has been a Lot more grief for this generation than any other I can ever remember.
I'm just praying Avalugg can survive a battle xD It'd be really great to get some better ice-type moves. Support moves, physical attacks, stat boosters...

noakai

No, Masuda said they've been wanting to release the games simultaneously for seven years, referring to his hopes of simultaneous releases from games even as far back as Emerald. He was not saying X/Y have been in development for seven years.

Hmmm okay, then I misinterpreted his statement. Regardless, I think people just don't want to accept that they don't consider this game "rushed" or anything like that. I think they think the new Pokemon + Mega evos is enough and they didn't need to do more. I don't care if people are mad about that or w/e, to each their own, but I don't really buy that they were rushing to get them out, I think this is basically what they wanted in the first place.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'm sorry, but aid rather a job done properly and us wait until a 2014 release rather than a rushed, hastened job with little Dex space to show for it. They could have easily taken as much time as they needed to perfect the game, they didn't need to design the game at 200mph.

How do you even know this was rushed? Just because they had 69 Pokemon suddenly its a rushed game? The logic there doesn't even make sense. Has it ever occurred maybe they just wanted to have 69 Pokemon because they just wanted to? Why is there always a need to try to poke holes where holes shouldn't be poked into.

Finally something good gets posted. I'm not as quick to judge people who aren't satisfied with only 70 Pokémon, though, but I understand the need to point out people's overreaction.

I understand why people would be upset, but at the same time if people are jumping ship, and that's their only reason why, then it just seems pitiful.

And then coming back to say the same thing over and over, kind of just means that they want to complain just to complain.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I would actually like it so much more without the soulless eyes and the creepy feeler bows e.e

So how useful is Cute Charm as an ability if it's base defense isn't very high.

Hopefully there's still hope in its (possible) Hidden Ability.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think you mean creepy dex entry.

Lol, the mental pictures were disturbing. But it's supposed to be a cute/lovable Pokemon in general. I personally wouldn't use it in the games though. Its Special Defense stat seems to be its only redeeming factor as far as its battle potential goes from what I can tell.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Whoa whoa whoa, so is Goomy our Pseudo Legend then? Man... same old, same old :p

Whoa, so we have our Z Legend too? Dragon/Ground? [patum patum tsch] My guess came true ;) but it's design is a little strange, in a cool way :) Whoa, Clawitzer's typing is SUCH a disapointment :L pure Water? No Water/Fire?? Or even Water/Electric :L man... considering Skrelp evolves into Poison/Dragon... that is kwlllll! I want Skrelp now! Clauncher you let me down :p cool ability though- no doubt Water Pulse will be cool move on it.

Whoa, with the way the dex is balancing, Mega Evolutions seem kind of... silly to me? battle 'burst modes' are a little bit away from Pokemon in MY eyes [my opinion], that is a diversity of species in a variety of environments, fulfilling different type combos and stuff... now Megas, being a temporary change often focused on popularity and aesthetics rather than necessity- it is the sort of stuff catering to a fandom I don't particularly associate with... hence the scanty dex- though understandable of cause, considering the addition of Megas, in themselves, essentially taking the space of a 'new' pokemon yet to ME, personally, not being half as interesting as what could be a wholly new concept.

Plus I can't shake the feeling that this gen is just too much 'fan gush' :L Charizard X AND Y are so so cringe to me, just proof that half the Gamefreak staff fap nightly to that derpo lizard wi' wings...

Seriously, Goodra, why you so cool- but, what are you? and why yo type just plaiin dragonz?

Binacle looks like a transformer... like... a LOT like a transformer... wait is that the little one? I meant the big one :p

Flabebe, you are the Fairy for me! You are everything I wanted Fairy type to be! :3

Honedge, I KNEW you had purple in you :p I knew it :p That third stage is kinda cool, I like it- but I might have Klefki as my Fairy and Steel type :3 I love Klefki!

Last edited:

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Apparently they've been working on this game before Gen V was released. I could understand the irritation at only 70 new Pokemon when they've been working on this game for years.

Remember they had to model everything, including old generations because this is our first 3D Pokemon game.

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
You know what? If you're going to complain about the lack of Pokemon, maybe you should understand a few things first.

They just moved to a whole new system, based around 3D graphics. They have to make models for 700+ Pokemon, make new designs including Mega evolutions, ext. It's extremely time consuming, especially because it's their first jump from 2D to 3D, and if we want a more fun game, we're going to have to let the new Pokemon slide.

I'm going to play the game, and I will get over it, but I know I for one would vastly prefer to games stick with sprites permanently if it's going to cut into the number of Pokémon. In this series, the Pokémon are the gameplay, the different options and strategies we have. I think it's insane to prioritise graphics over gameplay.

Like, what's so great about Pokémon are the options, and it's nice to have multiple new options each generation. So...who wants to try to find the best new Bug type to use?

Alternatively I'd have forgiven them for taking more development time. Or they could have waited for another game this generation to up the graphics. Or, seeing as they would surely have had a preliminary idea at the time, they could have cut down the number of Pokémon last gen and saved a few for this time.

Hopefully there's still hope in its (possible) Hidden Ability.

I did calcs a long time ago, and i don't want to brag, but I was right on the money with Sylveons stats. ;)
Within that calculation however, I came across a possibility she may in fact have Multiscale. . .
OR, something like Fur coat that works on the Special Side. Either way, it caused the crit from that Politoed to do the same amount of damage as the second Non-Crit.

Cobalt_Latios

I think some people wanted at least 100 new Pokemon since all generations prior to this one have had at least that many new Pokemon themselves. Personally I think the mega Pokemon thing is the reason why there are only 69 confirmed new Pokemon at the moment. Clearly Gamefreak spent a lot of time and energy into designing them which resulted in fewer brand-new Pokemon imo.

New generation, new console, 3D renders... it's a lot of work.

I think this gen is more focused on not only megas and stuff but the new graphics and mechanices they are putting up as well as having all the older Pokemon this gen, hence having Pokemon bank as well for future generations.. with our introduction to Fairy typing

I bet seventh gen will have more than 100 Pokemon.

We got what we got and we should not get upset

Anyway I can't wait to use the new pokemon :)

Yeah, it's just a transition thing, that's all. Also the mega-evolutions seem to the be the focus this generation. I'm not worried. Hey, first FULL 3D game, let's be happy with this aspect, shall we?

You know what? If you're going to complain about the lack of Pokemon, maybe you should understand a few things first.

They just moved to a whole new system, based around 3D graphics. They have to make models for 700+ Pokemon, make new designs including Mega evolutions, ext. It's extremely time consuming, especially because it's their first jump from 2D to 3D, and if we want a more fun game, we're going to have to let the new Pokemon slide.

Also, remember, this generation's focus is more on Mega Pokemon. Not normal, generic Pokemon, but Mega. They have to make many designs to please fans, so they would have to cut the roster of new Pokemon.

If you can't accept those reasons, you really need accept things for the way they are and stop crying over it. It's harsh, but it's true.

Yeah, it's hard to buck a trend, but things happen.

Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." IMO that means they've been in development for at least that long, right? This game isn't "rushed" then - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.

I also think they want to make sure the games are well received, so having a focus on previous gens then current gen helps to sell it better. At least, that's another point of interest.

I'm sorry, but aid rather a job done properly and us wait until a 2014 release rather than a rushed, hastened job with little Dex space to show for it. They could have easily taken as much time as they needed to perfect the game, they didn't need to design the game at 200mph.

What are you even saying?

So, with Sylveon's stats, can we conclude its stat spread that matches with every Eeveelution ?

HP - 95
Attack - 65
Defense - 65
Special Attack - 110
Special Defense - 130
Speed - 60

Seems fairly consistent with what was show during this one exhibition. High HP, High Sp. D. Wasn't expecting Sp. Attack being that high either.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Remember they had to model everything, including old generations because this is our first 3D Pokemon game.

Don't they just reuse the old stadium base models/animation only tweeked to look better? I remember watching the 3D Dex animations and they where straight from Stadium only with more polygons.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I don't think they meant that they've been working on it for 7 years, but that they've wanted to release the new Pokemon games worldwide simultaneously for 7 years.

Pokeo

Slyveon seems like a pretty good pokemon. Speed kinda bad but it's good

SergantGold

Based Feebas
How do you even know this was rushed? Just because they had 69 Pokemon suddenly its a rushed game? The logic there doesn't even make sense. Has it ever occurred maybe they just wanted to have 69 Pokemon because they just wanted to? Why is there always a need to try to poke holes where holes shouldn't be poked into.

I understand why people would be upset, but at the same time if people are jumping ship, and that's their only reason why, then it just seems pitiful.

And then coming back to say the same thing over and over, kind of just means that they want to complain just to complain.

People do realize that if the games weren't gonna be realeased sings slush, this Saturday would be effectively when it was real eased in japan.almost all of the games were realease in the year before the realease in america

edu1987

If this gen was being developed at the same time as the 5th, its possible that some pokemon that were supposed to appear in this gen got released in the Unova gen...

Arcanineblitz

Seriously how has nobody made a joke about the pokedex having 69 (hehe) pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.