• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Apparently they've been working on this game before Gen V was released. I could understand the irritation at only 70 new Pokemon when they've been working on this game for years.
This is nothing new. Games typically take years of development, and they tend to have two teams working on two projects at a time in the last few generations. For instance, while HGSS was being released, BW was being worked on by another team within Game Freak.

The need for 3D models is timely, yes, but I doubt it is why we have 70 new Pokemon. It's more a purposeful choice of theirs to go with such a number (ignoring mega Pokemon). Don't get too hung up on the fact that we got more in the past - we were never 'obliged' or anything to have 100+ every single gen.

As for rumours of everything being fake, well, that's just plain silly and not what this topic is for. =p Please keep discussion to the Pokemon themselves, rather than the number or troll rumours.

Pokeo

Hope they can take their items with them. I will need allot of Leftovers and Focus Sash's over-wise.

Items aren't allowed to go through the Poke Bank.If you try it will just send the items to your bag.

Geekachu

I don't get why the fanboys feel so entitled to over 100 new Pokémon. I mean **** it's not as if they entirely overhauled the system and revamped shitloads of mechanics as well as rendering what critics unanimously deem a beautifully rendered world.

I actually really love the lower number of 'mons introduced because the designs are pretty solid throughout and there doesn't feel like any are superfluous additions in any way. I love the concise nature of the newbies. I mean, for a fanbase who once complained that introducing so many new Pokémon each gen was getting too much and who furthermore don't give a **** about a sizeable amount of Pokémon like Relicanth, Wormadam, Lumineon, Volbeat and Foongus introduced in equally sizeable generations, you'd think they'd just accept the Pokémon and move on.

Cobalt_Latios

Apparently they've been working on this game before Gen V was released. I could understand the irritation at only 70 new Pokemon when they've been working on this game for years.

Wouldn't it be funny if some of the Pokemon from Unova were originally going to appear now?

If this gen was being developed at the same time as the 5th, its possible that some pokemon that were supposed to appear in this gen got released in the Unova gen...

Well damn, I'm not the only one who considered that. It actually fits too, especially if you throw about 30 Pokemon from Unova to Kalos. Hey, I wonder if the Kami Trio was actually for Kalos rather than Unova?

lavanda

Really feeling it
Ok so here is an obscure question, but have we seen the gender of a magnemite yet? There was a picture that came out when the pokemon bank was announced that had a female magnezone in a screenshot. since the Sword pokemon seem to be gendered i wonder if previously ungendered pokemon might gain gender. This sounds ridiculous but heres the screen from a while ago

View attachment 10570

Any thoughts or ideas?
Looks like inanimate objects finally got their sexual rights recognized.

Seriously how has nobody made a joke about the pokedex having 69 (hehe) pokemon?
That would actually fit in Gen V.

Pokeo

I don't get why the fanboys feel so entitled to over 100 new Pokémon. I mean **** it's not as if they entirely overhauled the system and revamped shitloads of mechanics as well as rendering what critics unanimously deem a beautifully rendered world.

I actually really love the lower number of 'mons introduced because the designs are pretty solid throughout and there doesn't feel like any are superfluous additions in any way. I love the concise nature of the dex. I mean, for a fanbase who once complained that introducing so many new Pokémon each gen was getting too much and who furthermore don't give a **** about a sizeable amount of Pokémon like Relicanth, Wormadam, Lumineon, Volbeat and Foongus introduced in equally sizeable generations, you'd think they'd just accept the Pokémon and move on.
Agreed. People always complain about those things. It won't change o-o

Photonkrios95

So how does Pokemon Amie work with evolving Sylveon? Like do you have to do it alot of times or till some thing happens and eevee evolves

Get eevees pokemonamie bond to max then level it up.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
All right, so Slyveon is evolved by maxing Pokemon Amie affection by stuffing Eevee with cake. It's the ultimate magical girl pokemon.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Hey, I think Sylveon's Pokedex entry is pretty cute (even though the ribbons are made of flesh, yes) although it's kind of creepy to call the ribbons "feelers"... is it a bug now, GF? Bug/Fairy Mega!Sylveon confirmed!

So you have to max all three of its stats in Pokemon-Amie, then? Figures it was something to do with that.

Also that Special Attack/Special Defense... remind me to get a nice physical Steel or Poison move ASAP.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Items aren't allowed to go through the Poke Bank.If you try it will just send the items to your bag.

Cheers for the answer.
Urgh that sucks, going to have to get them All over again! unless an action reply comes out

Blazios

Ok so here is an obscure question, but have we seen the gender of a magnemite yet? There was a picture that came out when the pokemon bank was announced that had a female magnezone in a screenshot. since the Sword pokemon seem to be gendered i wonder if previously ungendered pokemon might gain gender. This sounds ridiculous but heres the screen from a while ago

View attachment 10570

Any thoughts or ideas?

That picture was replaced with one where Magnezone is genderless shortly after we all pointed it out.

I guess they just cheated to get the Pokémon and gave it a gender by accident.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I guess I'll repeat myself, but I think they meant that they've wanted an international release for 7 years.

I don't get it why people keep complaining about the amount of pokémon being so low. Seriously, if they make lots of pokémon, people complain they have crappy designs, if they focus a bit on old gens giving them new formes alongside quite some new pokémon as well, they also complain.

Personally, I really like this gen. Yes, there's not as much new pokemon as in previous gens but so far there hasn't been a single generation where I only disliked 2 pokemon. Plus the mega evos pretty much can be seen as new pokémon. See it as all those evolutions we had in gen 4 but they're actually reversable. They also needed designing time and planning, so technically you got a whole bunch of new stuff.

ColdCarnage

This generation simply isn't going to last more than 2 years max. The anime plays a part in how this gen develops and if theres only 70 pokemon than all of them can easily be covered within 2 years from episodes and movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.