• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I figure the pokemon-amie would be more experimental to the game itself than the physical aspects of turning a DS on its head.

I don't know...I normally don't mind things like that but it does feel a tad gimicky to me.

I agree with the gimmick part...a gimmick to get us as fans to talk...

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Any news yet on how to evolve eevee into sylveon and how to evolve the grass/ghost guys?

KozunaiKururugi

Will there be two rivals like B/W? Or just the one with the stronger starter? I'd prefer to have only one, but with the huge gaps between gyms we might be seeing two rivals.

I believe, from pictures at least, that there are four rivals. I would assume two with Kalos starters that aren't yours, and two with Kanto starters that aren't yours.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Any news yet on how to evolve eevee into sylveon and how to evolve the grass/ghost guys?

Sylveon evolves using the pokemon-amie, the grass/ghosts no idea.

edit: someone beat me to it, nvm.

Cobalt_Latios

Uh no, you get the one weak to yours.

So, wait, you get 2 starters in this game? 1 at the beginning, 1 at the end, and you get the Kanto starter? Wow.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Uh no, you get the one weak to yours.

That makes more sense I reread that several times to be sure ...must have made the mis-read each time...or was more tired than I thought

Ninfia-Fan

I believe, from pictures at least, that there are four rivals. I would assume two with Kalos starters that aren't yours, and two with Kanto starters that aren't yours.

Interesting. This will provide some good training for the pokemon.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
...Wow. You have a good point on Greninja, actually. I used him as an example because everyone I ran into personally wanted it to be fake pretty bad. Delphox definitely got the short end of the affection stick, though.

It's not all of us, but sometimes I look over Gamefaqs, Serebii and Smogon and find myself shaking my head and wondering if there's any pleasing even 60% of the fanbase. We got the Starter evos, and they raged. They got the type of Sylveon, and the raged (even more). They wanted less pokemon/legendarys that the vocal minority felt were nothing more than filler, and now that we have THAT people are cancelling preorders and starting outrageous polls on which Gen, Kalos or Unova, did the most damage to the franchise.

To be frank, those people sicken me to my very core. I can only pray that they're rubbing noses with the series' target audience so I can ignore their bias, but these last few months have brought out the worst in some fans. With each new pokemon leaked, the issue just seems to get bigger...It's sad.

short end of the stick...geddit... geddit... Braixen... haw

There will never be pleasing everyone, especially with Pokemon designs. The best we can hope for are things like game mechanics helping unify the fanbase. I use the term "fan"base lightly, lots of people don't seem to act like good fans when something new is revealed.

God, it really still baffles me that these Pokemon get so much hate, I guess I can't wrap my head around why people dislike em ;-; Gen V was a lot more..."hateable" in my opinion and I liked a lot from that generation.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
...Wow. You have a good point on Greninja, actually. I used him as an example because everyone I ran into personally wanted it to be fake pretty bad. Delphox definitely got the short end of the affection stick, though.

It's not all of us, but sometimes I look over Gamefaqs, Serebii and Smogon and find myself shaking my head and wondering if there's any pleasing even 60% of the fanbase. We got the Starter evos, and they raged. They got the type of Sylveon, and the raged (even more). They wanted less pokemon/legendarys that the vocal minority felt were nothing more than filler, and now that we have THAT people are cancelling preorders and starting outrageous polls on which Gen, Kalos or Unova, did the most damage to the franchise.

To be frank, those people sicken me to my very core. I can only pray that they're rubbing noses with the series' target audience so I can ignore their bias, but these last few months have brought out the worst in some fans. With each new pokemon leaked, the issue just seems to get bigger...It's sad.

Yeah, poor Delphox. Personally I was actually one of the few that liked it from the get-go, but I got an earful for that. XD

And agreed, this whole hype period really made me dislike some fans in the fanbase. Especially when it came to the irony of the situation (you wanted less legendaries? you got them now). Sometimes it feels like no matter what they won't be impressed and that's a terrible mentality to have as a fan. Of course that doesn't mean you have to like everything, but you can still handle and convey your opinion in the right way.

Fangren

Haha, that was one of my big questions too. I've been looking forward to using Sylveon since it was revealed.

Speaking of which, do we know how we get Eevee in this game? Is it a gift pokemon, or is it found in the wild?

If I recall correctly, it is available in the wild somewhere in the Coastal region.

ColdCarnage

So, wait, you get 2 starters in this game? 1 at the beginning, 1 at the end, and you get the Kanto starter? Wow.

Don't forget Torchic, thats four. Everyone that gets the game Between 10/12/13 - 1/15/14 gets four starters because thats the duration of the torchic event. After that people playing the game for the first time will only get 3.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
This is what I thought too, in fact, if I had to guess, I would say it was the fat kid that gives it to you. You beat them so much they give you their starter in the end, haha.

I think they actually give you an egg or offspring of their starter, not the starter itself. I doubt they'd give away their bro for life, yanno? An offspring makes more sense to me.

taran47

Eevee Trainer

Actually, it's the other two Kalos starters, a Corphish, and a Pikachu

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Yeah, poor Delphox. Personally I was actually one of the few that liked it from the get-go, but I got an earful for that. XD

And agreed, this whole hype period really made me dislike some fans in the fanbase. Especially when it came to the irony of the situation (you wanted less legendaries? you got them now). Sometimes it feels like no matter what they won't be impressed and that's a terrible mentality to have as a fan. Of course that doesn't mean you have to like everything, but you can still handle and convey your opinion in the right way.

haha... earfull... geddit... geddit... Delphox and its ears... geddit-

someone stop me

But yeah, I agree, nobody will ever be 100% happy as a group.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Haha, that was one of my big questions too. I've been looking forward to using Sylveon since it was revealed.

Speaking of which, do we know how we get Eevee in this game? Is it a gift pokemon, or is it found in the wild?

I think it's found wild :)

Macabrelicious

I'd just like to point out that being a fan does not mean you have to blindly love every single thing Pokemon-related. When people love something, nobody criticizes them for how they say their opinion. While I agree that people have to be careful with how they state their opinions, people who like something are never chastised at all. Why should people who don't like something constantly be under a stigma?

Does anybody know of a single page with a list of the estimated BSTs of all Pokemon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.