• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdCarnage

Delphox isn't that bad. It definitely isn't the best final fire evolution for a starter, probably the worst, but it is what it is a mage.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
I do like Delphox, especially considering its typing. I was just disappointed by its lackluster design. I was hoping for something along the lines of a witch's hat (that way I could nickname it Elphaba without regret!).

I am going to nickname mine Elphaba too x)
But I really like the design because it looks like a swamp witch.

To be honest, this gen could have only the Goomy line and I would be fine with it.
Pokémon Goo Version.
Everything is Goomy.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I just looked at the rest of the Pokemon for the first time, no use in staying unspoiled if there's not many new guys this generation.

Aegislash... was not what I was expecting. And I'm super glad for it... wow. Looks great. I'd totally wanna use that.

I can't really tell what Barbaracle or Avalugg are supposed to be... Barbaracle is the only one I'd stay away from, the Anpanman face makes it so I can't take it seriously.

Goomy and Pumpkaboo are still the cutest ones 8__8

taran47

Eevee Trainer
Wow, so I can get Eevee that quickly? I thought for sure I'd be waiting a while for it.

As a fellow Eevee enthusiast, I completely agree. I actually heard there's a shop that sells evolution stones as well, for getting those evolutions. No word on the rocks to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon yet to my knowledge though. But it could just be leakers weren't paying attention to that, since they're not exactly new. Part of me wonders if they might've finally given them a different evolution method though. Unlikely, I know but it always felt odd to me that Leafeon didn't evolve from a leaf stone.

Cobalt_Latios

Don't forget Torchic, thats four. Everyone that gets the game Between 10/12/13 - 1/15/14 gets four starters because thats the duration of the torchic event. After that people playing the game for the first time will only get 3.

I thought Torchic was Japan exclusive though?

jubigan

In-Game Master
...Wow. You have a good point on Greninja, actually. I used him as an example because everyone I ran into personally wanted it to be fake pretty bad. Delphox definitely got the short end of the affection stick, though.

It's not all of us, but sometimes I look over Gamefaqs, Serebii and Smogon and find myself shaking my head and wondering if there's any pleasing even 60% of the fanbase. We got the Starter evos, and they raged. They got the type of Sylveon, and the raged (even more). They wanted less pokemon/legendarys that the vocal minority felt were nothing more than filler, and now that we have THAT people are cancelling preorders and starting outrageous polls on which Gen, Kalos or Unova, did the most damage to the franchise.

To be frank, those people sicken me to my very core. I can only pray that they're rubbing noses with the series' target audience so I can ignore their bias, but these last few months have brought out the worst in some fans. With each new pokemon leaked, the issue just seems to get bigger...It's sad.

I agree with you one hundred percent... I have to admit....the fairy type made me shake my head....but now, looking aver everything that we know (or think we know)....I have to say, that as a fan, I am stoked. This has got to be the best gen yet. Sure, there may not be many new pokemon, but come on, those of us that have been playing awhile already have unquestioned favorites that we will never lose to a new mon. That's how I feel about Charizard, I couldn't care less if he got one or two Mega Evos, he was my first pokemon EVER, and that means something to me. A true fan of the games, would be very pleased with what GF has given us this time around. Pokémon isn't about getting the strongest pokemon around for your team...but to play with what you like. Like with my team, not very strong strategy wise, but I like them, so I will use them. That's what it is to me, anyway....

KozunaiKururugi

As a fellow Eevee enthusiast, I completely agree. I actually heard there's a shop that sells evolution stones as well, for getting those evolutions. No word on the rocks to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon yet to my knowledge though. But it could just be leakers weren't paying attention to that, since they're not exactly new. Part of me wonders if they might've finally given them a different evolution method though. Unlikely, I know but it always felt odd to me that Leafeon didn't evolve from a leaf stone.

Feebas got a different evolution method once Contests were removed.

Does anyone happen to know the order that the dex's go in?

Cobalt_Latios

Not at all, it's worldwide afaik. The website for the US release has it listed.

Oh good... sort of. At least everyone gets a Fire starter no matter what xD.

Honestly, delphox looks great. It totally suits the evo chain. Chespin as well! Froakie... Ahhh froakie... Is it me? Or does greninja look completely fake!! I really feel like it was one of the worst starter designs ever!! It's starting to grow on me a little, but still! It looks like really bad fan art!!!! Frogadier is so bad *** too!!! Such a let Down...

KozunaiKururugi

I am going to nickname mine Elphaba too x)
But I really like the design because it looks like a swamp witch.

To be honest, this gen could have only the Goomy line and I would be fine with it.
Pokémon Goo Version.
Everything is Goomy.

The sad thing is, I'm gonna wait until I get official artwork for the final starter evo's before I do any nicknaming. It may be that I get a male Fennekin (highly unlikely, but possible). I'll also have a Greninja too.

I didn't see if this was answered last time I asked it or not, but when can you start trading in X and Y? Does anyone know?

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I guess no one can complain about the lack of fire pokemon for this generation because you have access to Torchic, Charmander, Fennekin (depending on who you start), Lithleo, and Fletching (which I'm guessing is common).

Macabrelicious

I decided to delete my reply because it wasn't really on-topic, but somebody else quoted it anyway so you can see it there.

Any word on Vivillon's moveset? I think I already saw it had mediocre defenses and speed, and terrible attacking stats, which sort of sucks considering I really wanted to use one, but I think maybe its movepool could redeem it. And what about Vivillon's abilities?

Last edited:

Henraye

Toon Leader
Is there any place where I can see all the leaked pokemon? I'm having trouble finding them and serebii only shows pokemon officially revealed

KozunaiKururugi

No, see, I don't mean to attack what you said because I know you were just replying to what I said and I appreciate your different perspective, but with all due respect, what you've just said is exactly what I mean when I say some people are very disrespectful of other's opinions, and honestly, being douchebags. (I'll take this moment to clarify that I do not mean you at all; I know what you meant to say, but the way that it was phrased just put me off.) This whole "you are not allowed to say a single negative at all" train of thought irritates me. Saying a generation is the worst ever is very legitimate criticism, and a very legitimate opinion. People aren't generations; they shouldn't be "personally offended" if somebody doesn't like the same thing as they do. And the word "*****ing" is just another example of how some people can very intolerant of those that aren't blindly worshipping anything Gamefreak puts out: that word stigmatizes certain opinions and degrades the person that held them.

I find a lot of people with "positive" opinions can be very rude this way. And if you think some people are "worn down" by the negativity towards the games (which they shouldn't be, because they themselves aren't the games, they're just people who intend to play the games), then how do you think the people who are directly being attacked feel?

That's just my two cents. And again, I in no way mean to portray you (or anyone on this thread specifically) as this kind of person. I know I may have made your post sound negative, which I guess I did, but I just wanted to point out how I felt about the matter. My apologies if any feelings are hurt.

Any word on Vivillon's moveset? I think I already saw it had mediocre defenses and speed, and terrible attacking stats, which sort of sucks considering I really wanted to use one, but I think maybe its movepool could redeem it. And what about Vivillon's abilities?

The bug pokemon of the various regions have never been that extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.