• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

adl222

Someone posted this on Smogon's XY Leaks thread:

"In other news, Josh caught a Pumpkaboo, and is going to try and figure out the whole form thing. Interestingly, a little kid in the game says he saw a huge Gourgeist and that nobody believes him. Large Gourgeist = the Great Pumpkin?"

Just for anyone that was curious. I really like Pumpkaboo and am curious to see Gourgeist in another form. :) Neat that a little kid in game says this. Can't wait to see more!

In Gourgeist leaked pokedex picture it says small size so i do believe there might be bigger version of it

Goomy

Big Tub Of Goo-my
Someone posted this on Smogon's XY Leaks thread:

"In other news, Josh caught a Pumpkaboo, and is going to try and figure out the whole form thing. Interestingly, a little kid in the game says he saw a huge Gourgeist and that nobody believes him. Large Gourgeist = the Great Pumpkin?"

Just for anyone that was curious. I really like Pumpkaboo and am curious to see Gourgeist in another form. :) Neat that a little kid in game says this. Can't wait to see more!

Ooh! I really like that idea of the Great Pumpkin haha! Pumkaboo is a really cool concept and I was hoping Gourgeist would have something quirky. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

tcrfelton

wow just wow that's pretty dang interesting, I have heard about norse mythology except I don't know much about it thanks for the info this was legitimately interesting, you learn something new everyday :)

Also, don't know if it was mentioned yet (I'm not going through every page...) but the post about Norse Myth is right on the nose. The serpent he is referring to is the Midgard Serpent and conveniently enough the name Zygarde sound pretty similar.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
Am I the only one whose disappointed that Goodra is pure Dragon and Flourges is pure Fairy? Why wouldn't they give them the poison/water and grass secondary typing respectively?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Am I the only one whose disappointed that Goodra is pure Dragon and Flourges is pure Fairy? Why wouldn't they give them the poison/water and grass secondary typing respectively?

I wish Goodra was Water/Dragon and that Flourges was Grass/Fairy as well, but I'm still happy with their designs regardless. I might have to use a Sliggoo until I catch Noibat anyways.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I wish Goodra was Water/Dragon and that Flourges was Grass/Fairy as well, but I'm still happy with their designs regardless. I might have to use a Sliggoo until I catch Noibat anyways.

I just hate when Pokémon get good attacks of a type but they don't get STAB, wasting some potential

adl222

i know i thought Goodra was going to be Poison/Dragon but i dont whatcha gonna do.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I can see people wanting Dragon/Water since Water's such a great STAB.

I'm just not sure why people would want Flourges to take super-effective damage from Flying, Ice, Fire, and have a x4 Poison Weakness.

Buechs44

Aipom Master

I'm just not sure why people would want Flourges to take super-effective damage from Flying, Ice, Fire, and have a x4 Poison Weakness.

Its not about the vulnerabilities, its about the type combinations for me

taran47

Eevee Trainer

I can only assume they're wanting it because of the design seeming to indicate those types, not for competitive or any sort of battle mechanic reasons.

A friend told me he'd read in a forum that "someone" was stating that ALL these leaks so far, are FAKES. part of some sort of strategy by GF to create cross-opinions and a greater shock when the game is released... I don't think so; but... How possible it is? is there any chance of all this being a HUGE hoax?

This forum would explode if that were to happen

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Wow, are we still going at that conspiracy theory??

@topic, very pleased with Togepi line turning into Fairy

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
I like every aspect of XY.. But... Just 69 pokemon? that part- I wish it were a hoax... I know that 69 it's a somewhat good amount; but... c'mon 100 is way better! right? To me it is kinda weird to have just one Bug line, just one poison line (Skrelp, right? or am I forgetting any other?) specially when Poison had a "boost". and, so many chances to improve older pokemon without mega evolutions, like Dunsparce, Sableye, Farfetch'd. whats more; sooo few flying types, when introducing a brand new feature specifically designed to these pokemon. just Noibat, Noivern, Fletching/chinder, Talonflame and Vivillon? (Not incluiding Yveltal) I was hoping at least two more lines... But anyway... Lets hope that these leakers didn't leaked everything, and they actually kept some pokes for us to discover... cuz, have they shown the in game national pokedex? as a screenshot or somwthing? are we 100% sure that there is no more room for Kalos Pokemon?

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I kinda have a gut feeling that if gamefreak decides to give kalos region pokemon mega forms in a future game (x 2 y2?) then Goodra will get one, and then will get a fitting secondary type. Perhaps they decided it was worth it to hold back on it's typing to make the eventual future mega form more impactful. Though I probably shouldn't even really be letting that kind of speculation enter my head so soon :p

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I like every aspect of XY.. But... Just 69 pokemon? that part- I wish it were a hoax... I know that 69 it's a somewhat good amount; but... c'mon 100 is way better! right? To me it is kinda weird to have just one Bug line, just one poison line (Skrelp, right? or am I forgetting any other?) specially when Poison had a "boost". and, so many chances to improve older pokemon without mega evolutions, like Dunsparce, Sableye, Farfetch'd. whats more; sooo few flying types, when introducing a brand new feature specifically designed to these pokemon. just Noibat, Noivern, Fletching/chinder, Talonflame and Vivillon? (Not incluiding Yveltal) I was hoping at least two more lines... But anyway... Lets hope that these leakers didn't leaked everything, and they actually kept some pokes for us to discover... cuz, have they shown the in game national pokedex? as a screenshot or somwthing? are we 100% sure that there is no more room for Kalos Pokemon?

At this point I'm seriously hoping they'll pull a DP and have like half of the Pokémon be found in the National Dex.

I mean, it's better to have them late rather than never >.<

jpmouz

I have a crazy idea that Pokemon Z/whatever it will be called will introduce around 30 new pokemon due to the backlash Gamefreak will get. They will have more time for Pokemon-making then :p

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
At this point I'm seriously hoping they'll pull a DP and have like half of the Pokémon be found in the National Dex.

I mean, it's better to have them late rather than never >.<
I don't think that will be the case at all. From the looks of it, Game Freak is focusing their time on mega evolutions. They seem to boast about their awesome end game content, but the leakers have said nothing positive about it. Maybe there is more to it than we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.