• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
I wonder if Gourgeist changes to it's "Big Size" form if you feed it to full in Pokemon Amie.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
To recap the past 12 hours, the only info we got is Togepi retyped to Fairy, while its evos are Fairy/Flying.
Unless I missed something...

Lilligantastic

I can understand why people expected more new pokemon, seeing as this is by far the lowest number of any generation. I'm not complaining though, despite the lower numbers I think this could arguably be the best range of new pokemon of any generation so far. There are some great designs in X and Y which are sure to become classics.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I don't see why people are still arguing about that picture that claims all leaks are fake. That is ridiculous. xD

Do we know if Diggersby can learn Surf? I want a Diggersby with Surf! :)

Because some people believe it's true. :/

I don't know if it learns Surf, sorry - the moveset I brought up doesn't mention it, but it's obviously incomplete.

Dita

Probably because they had much more to develop this time, X and Y were a major overhaul to the series. Completely new graphics, models, new type, etc.

And we also have the Mega Pokémon, that took them as much time and money to develop and program as new Pokémon.

They have a separate development department dedicated to designing Pokémon. It's not like everyone works on the same thing.

And I'm not really buying into the whole "megas take as much effort as new Pokémon" charade. They're just beefed up versions of already established designs. They don't require as much creativity as a new Pokémon or even a new proper evolution stage. And even if you were to count megas as new pokes, there are still less new Pokémon than any previous gen. Unless there are a lot more megas yet to be discovered. But at this point I seriously doubt there will be any more than 10 undiscovered megas.

My only suspicion is that these games were rushed out the door. I mean lets be real, BW2 released over a year after the launch of the 3DS for the DS. Nintendo had to have been desperate for a 3DS Pokémon, and when X/Y were revealed no one was expecting a 3DS game that soon after BW2. When you hear about things like the fact that stereoscopic 3D is limited to battles of no more than two Pokémon, you can't help but suspect that they game shipped incomplete - and I imagine the low number of new Pokémon is also the result of that.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
To recap the past 12 hours, the only info we got is Togepi retyped to Fairy, while its evos are Fairy/Flying.
Unless I missed something...

That is great news to hear! Always been a fan of the Togepi line. Still no news on Milotic as far as I am aware though.......

pOlarizer

C'mon let's give the prev gen pokemon some love. I'm going to enjoy tearing up fairy pokemon using heatran. Except maybe azumarill.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Ah wait, continuing on from my last post, I wonder if Gourgeist's form depends on how full Pumpkaboo is when it evolves. Not fed = Small size, Max fullness = Huge size

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think i understand why Game Freak introduced so less number of new pokemons in this gen than compared to the older ones.

First of all its obviously because of the introduction of the Mega Evolution.

Next would most likely because of the changes and new addition to the mechanics.

This is also the reason why we got only 2 Poison types and 4 Steel types. Because of the introduction of the Fairy type, people are now going to utilize more Steel & Poison types in battle (along with moves of those type).

GF most likely reduced the number of new pokemons in this gen so as to give the chance to some older gen pokemons who gained some benefits because of this new mechanics (more new pokemons would have meant that they would be preferred more over the older ones).

Plus, they wanted the players to get used to the new system without much of a hassle.

Well, aside from that, if anyone here is in contact with the leakers. Would it be possible to ask them to provide Pokédex entry images of the new pokemons along with images of any pokemon who got there type changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.