• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Any new yet on how Phantump and Pumpkaboo evolve?

shadowF

Are there any pokemon that have a possibility of being retyped to fairy that can stand up to pseudo legendary dragons?

This is not a pokemon that is retyped to being fairy but can Florges and Sylveon stand up to pseudo legendary dragons?

I'm sorry, MuhFugginMoose, I misread your post and thought you were asking me that question. XD

Haha, it's fine. It happens.
I just think it's funny reading everyone arguing about this.

I actually just recently, Nov. or so of last year, finished up my study on the book. Not for school, just because I felt like it. xD
And when I saw Xerneas, I just knew it was mostly based on the story of Yggdrasil.
Clearly, since this is based in an European environment, there's going to be European influences.
What better way to do that than good ol' Nordic Mythology?

Sarefan

Hylden General.

I actually just recently, Nov. or so of last year, finished up my study on the book. Not for school, just because I felt like it. xD
And when I saw Xerneas, I just knew it was mostly based on the story of Yggdrasil.
Clearly, since this is based in an European environment, there's going to be European influences.
What better way to do that then good ol' Nordic Mythology.
Greek Mythology is the best imho, but that's personal preference :p

Better as in it's a better read?
Or is more fitting?

France is more so Germanic than Greek influenced.

Goomy

Big Tub Of Goo-my

Greek Mythology is really great, but I love Egyptian and Aztec myths.
I think there's so much you can do with all of them!

What better way to do that then good ol' Nordic Mythology.

I enjoy that we can argue about this. It's nice to see the different opinions and thoughts people have on the matter.

I've gotten as far as (what I remember to be) the tricking of the Northern King (I've forgotten his name) by the AEsir. I enjoyed the events that led to the creation of the Universe. The names and the imagery were quite potent. I can't wait to get back into it. I just have to find my .pdf again... Northvegr.org removed theirs when they updated their website years ago, and the wayback machine wasn't all that useful in getting the lot of them.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I like the Goomy line, but I am kinda disappointed they are the Psuedos of this Gen. ._. I would have preferred it being at least secondary Poison, or even Fairy. Oh well, at least it's not a third Dragon/Flying. ^^

Photonkrios95

At which level does it learn Camouflage?
The leaker with Y caught it and it had Camoflague there and then, he fished for it with Good Rod if that helps with a level range to narrow it down.

Any other pokemon rideable beside rhyhorn,gogoat and mamoswine?I'd love to ride a Tyrantrum.
Skiddo is rideable, I don't think anything outside of that has been found yet.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The stags? As in all four put into one? As in Xerneas?
Have you ever read the Poetic Edda?

I have read parts of it, and I do understand what you are saying about Xerneas being based on the four stags, but what I'm asking is what relation Hræsvelgr has to them because I don't know of any, and as far as I'm aware, the eagle at the top of Yggdrasil is a separate entity. Hræsvelgr is a giant. With Reshiram and Zekrom, there was yang and yin, respectively (clearly linked). With Dialga and Palkia, there was a less-squicky Izanagi and Izanami (clearly linked). With Groudon and Kyogre, there was Behemoth and Leviathan (clearly linked). I would not think of the Yggdrasil stags and Hræsvelgr as being "clearly linked" as much as I would, say, the Yggdrasil stags and the Yggdrasil eagle.

I have read parts of it, and I do understand what you are saying about Xerneas being based on the four stags, but what I'm asking is what relation Hræsvelgr has to them because I don't know of any, and as far as I'm aware, the eagle at the top of Yggdrasil is a separate entity. Hræsvelgr is a giant. With Reshiram and Zekrom, there was yang and yin, respectively (clearly linked). With Dialga and Palkia, there was a less-squicky Izanagi and Izanami (clearly linked). With Groudon and Kyogre, there was Behemoth and Leviathan (clearly linked). I would not think of the Yggdrasil stags and Hræsvelgr as being "clearly linked" as much as I would, say, the Yggdrasil stags and the Yggdrasil eagle.

Hræsvelgr is a giant that "disguises" itself as an eagle.
Some speculate that it is the eagle that sits atop the tree of Yggdrasil, who is in constant conflict with the dragon Nidhoggr who resides at the base of the tree, as the two greatly envy each other. They exchange insults through the squirrel Ratatosk, who runs up and down the tree.
That squirrel, I'm hoping to see by the way.

Goomy

Big Tub Of Goo-my
XD you got that right. I was hoping we would have a none-Dragon Psudo this gen, but instead we are left with a PURE Dragon type...not even a cool dual typing...-_- Sigh.

Haha aww yeah that is a little unfortunate.
Still, I always really get into the personalities of my pokemon, and I think any pokemon can be threatening or powerful, beautiful or creepy depending on the interpretation :D
I'm sure you can get a butt kicking Goodra if it's got a good movepool and egg moves.

Hræsvelgr is a giant that "disguises" itself as an eagle.
Some speculate that it is the eagle that sits atop the tree of Yggdrasil, who is in constant conflict with the dragon Nidhoggr who resides at the base of the tree, as the two greatly envy each other. They exchange insults through the squirrel Ratatosk, who runs up and down the tree.
That squirrel, I'm hoping to see by the way.

It might be the 'fairy' legendary~! Well, that, or Dedenne. @.0

Status
Not open for further replies.