• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
yes I know but it could be possible you can make Talonflame a special attack with its very high speed

I hope that this Staraptor had terrible Attack IVs.

Bluemage21

Do we know what level Sliggo evolves into Goodra? Also, what type is Goodra?

1. you can see it on the first post
2. lv 70 (it better have amazing stats and movepool for that) and pure Dragon.

herugaa

I still was hoping for a mega-evolution of Delibird or Shuckle... Forgive me if I missed something, but how do we know that all the mega-evolutions have been discovered for sure?

PsychoIncarnate

The amount of characters in a pokemons name has never been a problem for me, raising it is ok I guess

But what about your characters name? I've had problems with the characters name and would rather have the limit on that inreased

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer
I still was hoping for a mega-evolution of Delibird or Shuckle... Forgive me if I missed something, but how do we know that all the mega-evolutions have been discovered for sure?

I've seen a list somewhere with more Mega Evolutions, and MegaGengar and MegaArodactyle were on it, so I'm not sure if it legit or not. if it is, then we have a few more on the way.

Alli

So far I am extremely happy with all the designs, but not the stats.

SPOILER

Diggersby and Talonflame are laughable, Vivillion might just be useful due to the high Sp. Attack and Speed, but its too frail to take a hit. Florges is just a less bulky sylveon with a little more speed, Dragalge doesn't do anything but special attacks which both Florges and Sylveon does better, they even have better speed and special attack. Such a bummer, seeing that I love all of the designs and would really like to use all of these pokémon (I will still use them, but it's not as "fun" when I know their BST's are bad.

LOl what if the games these leakers are playing are actually released Beta copies or something like that..and the actual game will have more then 70 pokemon XD

Bluemage21

LOl what if the games these leakers are playing are actually released Beta copies or something like that..and the actual game will have more then 70 pokemon XD

jokes already been made several times, anyone who believes that is delusional. Not only would it ruin Nintendo's reputation, but making a fake game like that would cost a lot of money, way more money than it would be worth it to troll.

I am really glad this generation is introducing fewer Pokémon. Gen V introduced too many IMO (and most of them were fugly) and it is quite clear that the amount of Pokémon is reaching an absurdly high number (700+ already), so I am glad Game Freak apparently decided to slow down the process of creation of new ones. Now I just hope they don't create 150 new ones again in Generation VII, they should keep giving us 70~80 new Pokémon + a handful amount of Mega Evolutions in the future generations.

By the way, the designs in Gen VI are SO good. I really missed the feeling of being astonished by how good Pokémon designs can be. Can't wait to play those games. Delphox, Dragalge, Aegislash and Trevenant will certainly be in my team.

Ya'know, it's funny. We actually have gotten as many new pokemon in Gen V and VI together as we did in Gen I and II.

Can we talk about how awesome the turnaround for Binacle->Barbaracle was? I saw that... thing... and remarked that it looked like a monster out of Dragon Quest. I swore up and down that it was fake, but... I realized once it was all but confirmed that I would get to play with a Dragon Quest monster. In Pokemon. Barbaracle looks like a demon. lol

Macabrelicious

I can't deny that I'm disappointed with the number of new pokemon. I understand it; they had to make brand new 3d models for 700 pokemon not to mention all the mega evolutions. In older generations they only had to slowly update the sprites each time. It's a shame, because I don't really have much interest in mega evolutions, but hey, I'm sure a lot of people do. Hopefully now that they have all the 3d models for existing pokemon, they'll be able to make much more in future generations.

What I find genuinely surprising, is that there are only three legendaries, only two of which are available per game! Legendaries are something which they have relied on in the past to add a quick extra post game story, and something which really appeal to the kids. It's also great for marketing, and they're the focus for the movies. B/W had 5 movies, and there were 6 title legendaries in these movies. By only having 3 legendaries (and presumably Xerneas/Yveltal will star in the same movie) they have very little to rely on in terms of source material.

And looking back at B2/W2. By having sequels, as opposed to the usual third game, Gamefreak must have felt that the 3rd game counterpart tradition was growing stale. Which is understandable really. The third games generally had minimal differences and I'd imagine (outside hardcore fans who buy every game/people who didn't buy either of the first two) not that many people would bother paying £35 for a new game which was basically the same as one they'd already paid for. It's suggested though with X/Y/Zygarde, that they're going back to the third counterpart format. So based on what I just said, they're going to need something to make Pokemon Z different enough from X/Y to encourage lots of people to buy it.

All this leads me to believe...There will be an influx of new pokemon in Pokemon Z version. It seems pretty logical. What better selling point for the game than anywhere between 50 and 100 new pokemon plus new legendaries? It would also give them more breathing space for the new 3D models that they'd have to create. I refuse to believe that they're only going to have 3 legendaries this generation (or even 4, 5 or 6 if people think there are going to be a few event legendaries). It would simply be marketing suicide to cut off one of the most convenient selling points for movies, merchandise etc.
The only way they could have more pokemon, would be via DLC or in a new game. I'm sure I read somewhere that Masuda is reluctant to make kids pay more for the games via DLC...so new pokemon in Pokemon Z seems like the most obvious outcome to me.

Sorry, that ended up being longer than intended.

I would loathe having more legendaries. If they can market Pikachu, they don't need legendaries to attract the kiddies.

All the models need to be in X and Y's data for compatibility reasons, anyway.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
...Right. Norse mythology being one of them. Am I wrong? No. Are you? No. I don't see the problem.

But then the connection is completely superficial, there's nothing conceptually that ties them outside of "hey, there's a stag, a snake and a large bird. Norse mythology!" so what you're doing is fitting something that only vaguely fits at best. Really, by this logic, I could just as easily say it fits Mayan mythology since they have a large bird, beast and snake as three (of their four) central mythological figures.

Anyway, I apologize for restarting this and I agree that we should move this to the Legendary Thread.

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Sligoo evolves into Goodra at the insane Level.70. Yeah. I complained too.
I think it's just a Dragon type. Probably.
It's adorable. Just not as adorable as Pumpkaboo.

I don't care how adorable it is, I'm not using Goodra, at least not for the main story. And I thought Hydreigon was unreasonable.

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
Quick question,has anyone seen a male version of Delphox yet?

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
The amount of characters in a pokemons name has never been a problem for me, raising it is ok I guess

But what about your characters name? I've had problems with the characters name and would rather have the limit on that inreased
My name irl is Alexander. My brother's is Sebastian.
We have SO much trouble choosing how to shorten our names lol....
I'm Alxandr at the moment, he's 7 so still choosing.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Goomy is so gooey and adorable. I dont care if he slimy i'll hug him

I might name him Slimer (I hope some of you get the reference :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.