• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo... carbink doesn't evolve either? D: D: D:

Naito

There isn't proof we haven't discovered all the megas already

There really is no way of really knowing either way

Proof is if the leakers were speaking the thruth and they really have megastones for Heracross, Galvantula and the few others

edu1987

Please... not this real or fake copies again...

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I am really glad this generation is introducing fewer Pokémon. Gen V introduced too many IMO (and most of them were fugly) and it is quite clear that the amount of Pokémon is reaching an absurdly high number (700+ already), so I am glad Game Freak apparently decided to slow down the process of creation of new ones. Now I just hope they don't create 150 new ones again in Generation VII, they should keep giving us 70~80 new Pokémon + a handful amount of Mega Evolutions in the future generations.

By the way, the designs in Gen VI are SO good. I really missed the feeling of being astonished by how good Pokémon designs can be. Can't wait to play those games. Delphox, Dragalge, Aegislash and Trevenant will certainly be in my team.

To be honest, I disagree as I found Gen 5 to have some of my favorite Pokemon and many of them to be fun and unique designs. I will concede however that Gen 6 has great designs itself and while the number is disappointing, the Pokemon for the most part are pretty good.

Regardless, it's not the number of Pokemon that matters, Gen 1 has still the most beloved Pokemon and it's second to Gen 5, it's what you do with them.

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
Have we seen a female version? I assumed we have no statistical information about any of the starters. Am I wrong? May I get a link if I am?
All I've seen is Female versions,not one male version..I seen a video with a pic of a male Delphox and it looked different

storm12

Weather Bearer
wait- lv.70 Goodra? Pseudo Legend? What an absolute contradiction :L another powerful Dragon- what are they playing at?? GF crazy!
Anyone hazard a guess why we got Goodra? Is it just because they wanted to? Bleh. Lv.70. Yeah right... :L I am not training that until post game like many people have said...

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer
wait- lv.70 Goodra? Pseudo Legend? What an absolute contradiction :L another powerful Dragon- what are they playing at?? GF crazy!
Anyone hazard a guess why we got Goodra? Is it just because they wanted to? Bleh. Lv.70. Yeah right... :L I am not training that until post game like many people have said...

Want a cool Dragon type for your Team? Go with my plan, and get a Skrelp for Y. Poison/Dragon. Answer to Fairy type right there too.

edu1987

Am I the only one sad that dragonite line doesn't figure in the kalos pokedexes? ='(

jokes already been made several times, anyone who believes that is delusional. Not only would it ruin Nintendo's reputation, but making a fake game like that would cost a lot of money, way more money than it would be worth it to troll.

well ya but think about it for a sec..how did these people get copies of the game from stores? most stores don't even have it shipped to them until a day or two before the release which makes me wonder how those stores were able to break the release date this early... a few days is understandable..but 2 weeks ahead?? correct me if im wrong but I've never heard any triple A title being sold to the public or stores breaking the street date that early ( I may be wrong).
the gamestop I get my games from them said pretty much "wtf how did the stores get copies as we don't even have the shipment" so....

Lemon_Pledge

To be fair there may be other factors for its evolution besides just level.

Please... not this real or fake copies again...

Guys, instead of focusing on the potentially upsetting aspects of the games, could we, for about an hour, talk about what we're excited about?

For instance, I can't wait for the Fairy-type. It'll be awesome to see dragons checked, much in the way that Psychics were in Gen II. Additionally, the region. Kalos is apparently huge. Three regional dexes. Three. One-hundred and fifty pokemon per dex. That is amazing. We don't have to worry about not having a type that we want, as was the case in Diamond and Pearl with Fire. Further, I am excited to venture into the mountainous region of Kalos. It reeks of the old magic and mystery of Europe. Ghostly trees and pumpkins? Hoho! Yes, please.

Anyway, would anyone else like to join in? It wouldn't be a bad change of pace to focus on the positive for a short while.

Bluemage21

well ya but think about it for a sec..how did these people get copies of the game from stores? most stores don't even have it shipped to them until a day or two before the release which makes me wonder how those stores were able to break the release date this early... a few days is understandable..but 2 weeks ahead?? correct me if im wrong but I've never heard any triple A title being sold to the public or stores breaking the street date that early ( I may be wrong).
the gamestop I get my games from them said pretty much "wtf how did the stores get copies as we don't even have the shipment" so....

Different places might have different release times, they might have sent them out early to make sure they arrive on time. I am sorry if you do not like the new gen, but it is what is happening.

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
All I've seen is Female versions,not one male version..I seen a video with a pic of a male Delphox and it looked different
Link please.
Also, it's been bugging me - as seasons aren't present, what's gonna happen to Deerling and Sawsbuck's seasonal formes?
How dat gonna work?

dman_dustin

I really hope Gamefreak didn't load up on a lot signature type moves in 6th generation. I really hope other Pokemon will get these weird moves.

LOL at trick or treating that was awesome by the way.

It's weird how the moment they enhance the name limit, how literal some of these moves are being. It's very weird.

I'm just thinking of the anime, and how weird it's going to be to have the names of some of these moves be called out.

Some of them are just plain awkward, but oh well I'm fine with it I guess.

Bluemage21

Guys, instead of focusing on the potentially upsetting aspects of the games, could we, for about an hour, talk about what we're excited about?

For instance, I can't wait for the Fairy-type. It'll be awesome to see dragons checked, much in the way that Psychics were in Gen II. Additionally, the region. Kalos is apparently huge. Three regional dexes. Three. One-hundred and fifty pokemon per dex. That is amazing. We don't have to worry about not having a type that we want, as was the case in Diamond and Pearl with Fire. Further, I am excited to venture into the mountainous region of Kalos. It reeks of the old magic and mystery of Europe. Ghostly trees and pumpkins? Hoho! Yes, please.

Anyway, would anyone else like to join in? It wouldn't be a bad change of pace to focus on the positive for a short while.

Agreed, sick and tired of the doom and gloom and the delusions of it being fake. I love the three legendaries, they look awesome. PERsonally i cannot wait to play through the story and see how they interact with the player and why they are even there.

eddyg0705

Sligoo evolves into Goodra at the insane Level.70. Yeah. I complained too.
I think it's just a Dragon type. Probably.
It's adorable. Just not as adorable as Pumpkaboo.

Level 70?!!!! -_- Jesus Mary and Joseph that is high dang. I love it and its design but dang. Its it pure Dragon or does it have a second type? and thanks for the response.

Ver-mont

It's fake. Delphox doesn't have gender differences, the "male Delphox" is a fake Pokémon we've debunked here many times.

Abizzel1

Have to disagree on some.

Diggersby is horrible stat wise, but so are most of the normal stater poke's. It needs Huge Power or Pure Power as a special ability, and which those huge arm ears I can see it getting it.
Talonflame is actually pretty good, and just moved to the top 3 bird starter poke's along with Staraptor and Swellow. It has blazing fast speed, and good enough ATK and SA, to just lap on a choice item and go.
Florges vs. Sylveon is the constant debate of bulk vs speed. Choose which is best for you, though Florges hsould have been Fairy / Grass IMO.
Dragalge can't be compared to those two, because it's a Poison / Dragon type. It's stats are decent, and it looks like a Swift Swimmer and with that ability it's poor speed and water attacks (pre.) will help it.

It's not all grim, just have to see what their hidden abilities are, and what this ability item can do for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.