• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen1988

Fennekin all the way
The supposed 'male delphox' was far too drastically different anyway. It's more like another form, not a gender difference. Gender differences with the starters are more subtle, another reason why I believe its fake (apart from the lack of proof to support it being real)

wah that's even worse then haha :p I just don't really know what the point is in Goodra? Like, pure Dragon type pseudo legend? Talk about hypocrisy... seriously... I bet the strongest Fairy, if it's Florges, won't come close to that BST :L [not counting Xerneas] but if Togekiss is trully Fairy/Flying it will be the Fairy we want... but maybe not the one we deserve [-d as fans... Dark Knight reference + a little fan gripe against Goodra as the pseudo :L] also that Ice line is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in the sense of, I just KNOW it won't stand a chance competitvely, or even ingame in terms of viability because it looks slow and bulky which seems to be some hilarious injoke to GF- making defensive Ice pokemon :L it seems contradictory, it's like if they are trying to say Ice is hard- then WHERE IS IT'S RESISTANCES?? To anything! Ground, Poison, Water, Electric- Something! Seriously, I still can't get over this? Anyone else still mourning the total death of Ice?

We might be missing something. I feel like GameFreak doesn't make Pokemon just to make them for some stage in the game. I speculate that Avalugg will be good in some way. I also speculate that GameFreak makes some Pokemon to make them better later.

Also, didn't Grass and Electricity get total immunity to status conditions caused by their types? Did Ice get any such status immunity?

Ver-mont

The supposed 'male delphox' was far too drastically different anyway. It's more like another form, not a gender difference. Gender differences with the starters are more subtle, another reason why I believe its fake (apart from the lack of proof to support it being real)

It's fake. It's part of a fanart set with fan evolutions for Quilladin and Frogadier too. If only I could find the link...

I've posted it here in this thread, but it was like 1000 pages ago.

dman_dustin

The "male Delphox". It's an old fanart some of us had even seen before it appeared in that fake screenshot.

But all that's being said is that people have seen a gender difference, unless I missed a post, that described it.

No one said it was that stick witch hat one that's fake.

Edit: But I could be wrong.

Not really there is no rule for what differences the genders have to be, there are a few examples, of male/female counterparts being different, in design, and even in name.

CA-Eevee

I actually think Delphox might have some gender differences, though they will be small. I can image the dress might be slightly altered to look more like a wizard's robe or something like that. I like Delphox, no matter if there will be gender differences or not, and will pick Fennekin for sure.

Ver-mont

But all that's being said is that people have seen a gender difference, unless I missed a post, that described it.

No one said it was that stick witch hat one that's fake.

Edit: But I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure someone said they've seen a male Delphox who looked completely different from the Delphox we know, so I instantly remembered the... four or five times someone brought that fake up in this thread claiming it's a male version of Delphox.

(but you may be right, it's just that I automatically remember that one)

dman_dustin

I'm pretty sure someone said they've seen a male Delphox who looked completely different from the Delphox we know, so I instantly remembered the... four or five times someone brought that fake up in this thread claiming it's a male version of Delphox.

If it what was being described as an entirely different Pokemon then fine.

But Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Volbeat/Illumise, Meowstic they all share quite a bit of differences. And for Volbeat and Illumise they are considered two different Pokemon.

Goomy

Big Tub Of Goo-my
I actually think Delphox might have some gender differences, though they will be small. I can image the dress might be slightly altered to look more like a wizard's robe or something like that. I like Delphox, no matter if there will be gender differences or not, and will pick Fennekin for sure.

Fennekin was my least favorite of the starters to begin with, as I'm not a fire pokemon fan, and because I nearly always use the reptile.
But Fennekin has such an endearing design and I love it's final form, that I think it's swayed me to it's side.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
from the one pic we saw, it looked like a slow, Specially defensive special attacker.

Special Defense was Sylveon's strong-stat

Thanks you two! ^^

We might be missing something. I feel like GameFreak doesn't make Pokemon just to make them for some stage in the game. I speculate that Avalugg will be good in some way. I also speculate that GameFreak makes some Pokemon to make them better later.

Also, didn't Grass and Electricity get total immunity to status conditions caused by their types? Did Ice get any such status immunity?

Ice is still immune to being frozen. I wonder why it took so long for them to let Electric types be immune to paralysis?

Miju

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
hmm sad that the starters dont have different forms.. but live goes on.. its nice to see a speedy bird, after sylveon seems to be one of the slower, if not slowest eevee of all

Vixen1988

Fennekin all the way
I know some lines have drastically different gender forms but I don't see that suddenly happening with a starter pokemon. I would prefer more subtle differences, which I'm sure they will have.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
hmm sad that the starters dont have different forms.. but live goes on.. its nice to see a speedy bird, after sylveon seems to be one of the slower, if not slowest eevee of all

We still don't know 100% that we know all of the mega evolutions. And seeing as the original 3 starters got them, and blaziken got one, I wouldn't be surprised if they got ones eventually.
And, we may get more mega's in "z" too for all we know.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
It has access to baby doll eyes that allows it to attack first if I'm not mistaken?

Edit: Nevermind just lowers attack.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine

Well Sylveon had a base stat of either 60 or 65 for speed so its comfortably jogging with Flareon, Glaceon, Umbreon, and Vaporeon if its at 65 base speed, but if its has 60 base speed it is indeed the slowest eeveelution to date.

miju ^^;

Klay

Titan Tamer
I finaly starting to get used to Chesnaught( my starter) and Delphox, specialy when I see her in the different position when she lift her arm up. I think seeing them in action will help a lot.

But for Greninja...even if its a frog I cant get used to a tongue always flying outside of he's mouth 24/7. But ill probably use it competitively.

Cant wait to get Heliolisk, Dragalge and Zygarde

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
There is no such thing as male Delphox with a different designs, as there isn't female Samurott or Chesnaught with different designs. Just accept that Delphox look slightly feminine and deal with it. It is funny how people never complain about Blastoise, Samurott, Chesnaught etc looking manly/having masculine designs, but Delphox (and Meganium) looking feminine is automatically a bad thing. How sexist can people be? It is so annoying.

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
But then the connection is completely superficial, there's nothing conceptually that ties them outside of "hey, there's a stag, a snake and a large bird. Norse mythology!" so what you're doing is fitting something that only vaguely fits at best. Really, by this logic, I could just as easily say it fits Mayan mythology since they have a large bird, beast and snake as three (of their four) central mythological figures.

Anyway, I apologize for restarting this and I agree that we should move this to the Legendary Thread.

And as I stated in an earlier post, Pokemon are hardly EVER based on one single thing. You act as if we have to pinpoint one cultural mythology and the others are discounted. Seriously. It can be Norse. It can be Celtic. It can be Hindu and Mayan. Who gives a sh*t? It's probably all of those things, but we'll never know because GF doesn't specifically say what each is based on. I'm not arguing JUST Norse. I'm just saying that's what I see and think.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.