• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Older Pokémon.

There's no room for new ones in the National Dex since we know Zygarde's National Dex number and all slots from Chespin until it are taken.

don't forget those final three spots after Zygarde.

What was the legendary trio, btw?

-Nator-

There's still lots more to learn. The rest of the Megas, abilities, moves, items, unknown post-game content etc.

Ver-mont

Except for event legendaries, yes.

But the other guy asked about the free spots in the Regional Dex, which will not be new Pokémon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So, only 69 new pokemon this gen, bit low but the mega-evolutions and the older pokemon make it up for it, and of course there be an event pokemon or two.

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
Defenses? Vivillon? If you go by the estimated stats from Smogon, Vivillon is decent in Specail Attack and Speed, but not in its Defenses...
Can you post a picture of the stats in that video?

Smogon estimated~
80 HP
50 ATK
50 DEF
100 SP ATK
50 SP DEF
100 SPEED
Oh, no. The video is private now. IDK but when the guy was using gust on the Vivi it did like nothing.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I'm just hoping people don't mention unrelated game stuff in here. I only want to know about the Dex related stuff, but people keep posting links to game footage and major spoilers. Please don't.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Oh okay, thanks :) Good to know. I look forward to any potential not-discovered Mega.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Im a little confused at the dex size

im sure I saw in an interview that GF said that ALL pokemon (obvs excluding event legendary Pokémon) would be available in the game (which I assumed was because this way people that don't want to pay for bank can still have access to all pokemon)

but from what I can see there is only 451 in the regional dex which means 267 pokemon are missing

does this mean I will have to transfer them up from past games or are they going to be post game?

also on another note do we know if megas will get their own dex yet?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So, only 69 new pokemon this gen, bit low but the mega-evolutions and the older pokemon make it up for it, and of course there be an event pokemon or two.

Imo, the old Pokemon definitely make a difference since it allows for more diverse teams. But the mega Pokemon really hurt this generation imo. Sure, they're interesting to look at and good in battle, but I would take brand-new Pokemon over mega Pokemon any day of the week to be honest. I'm just waiting for the event exclusive Pokemon to be revealed at this point since that's all that I'm curious about.

Ver-mont

Im a little confused at the dex size

im sure I saw in an interview that GF said that ALL pokemon (obvs excluding event legendary Pokémon) would be available in the game (which I assumed was because this way people that don't want to pay for bank can still have access to all pokemon)

but from what I can see there is only 451 in the regional dex which means 267 pokemon are missing

does this mean I will have to transfer them up from past games or are they going to be post game?

also on another note do we know if megas will get their own dex yet?

We know some Pokémon are not in the Regional Dex, but are available post-game, like Togepi. There might be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.